PG Music Home
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Boss of the Nova - 12/13/18 07:23 PM
Boss of the Nova

Here's a Bossa Nova track featuring flute and guitar solos.
Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172/boss-of-the-nova

RealTracks in song:
RT2190:Piano, Electric, Rhythm Bossa
RT924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaGrooveComp
RT1988:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BossaSlow
RealDrums in song:
BossaBrushes#1
RealDrums-BossaRockPerc^3-PercOnly
BIAB Midi: Herbie M Quartet. Flute
Posted By: furry Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/13/18 07:44 PM
Great listen Mike
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/13/18 08:12 PM
Thanks Graham for your kind comments on this song and Coolum Sunrise.
Mike
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 08:33 AM
What a great little thing!!! Very enjoyable! And very well produced as well. Really like it a lot.

Cheers, Stefan
Posted By: Jim Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 03:52 PM
You've done a swell job on this little number...
I really enjoyed the lunchtime listen!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 06:32 PM
Bossa Nova: check
Flutes: check
Guitar solos: check

Exactly as advertised! smile

Although with the string bends, I'm betting first guitar was MIDI, not a RealTrack. wink Nice strings.

Very enjoyable, thanks!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 09:38 PM
Cool track. Excellent choice of instruments. A toe tapper for sure.. Well done Mike.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 09:51 PM
Cheers Stefan.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 09:53 PM
Thanks Jim.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 10:00 PM
Thanks Scott. Appreciate your comments.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/14/18 10:15 PM
Thanks David. The guitar melody is midi, with a little help from Amplitude. The guitar solo (and fade out) is a RealTrack. Cheers
Posted By: bluage Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/15/18 02:38 AM
Dear "mkg50"...

You dressed your song, "Boss of the Nova" in some of the loveliest, most colorful musical clothing I've ever heard from this genre. It's rare (for me, at least) to hear a bossa nova composition as upbeat and sunny as yours!

The Real Tracks employed in your composition work together like a waking dream. The string section ebbs and flows like a warm wave. It's the sound of sweetness tasted and shared with others, and I, for one, thank you for offering me a glimpse of your own private paradise.

Stretching out in the sun,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/15/18 10:24 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "mkg50"...

You dressed your song, "Boss of the Nova" in some of the loveliest, most colorful musical clothing I've ever heard from this genre. It's rare (for me, at least) to hear a bossa nova composition as upbeat and sunny as yours!

The Real Tracks employed in your composition work together like a waking dream. The string section ebbs and flows like a warm wave. It's the sound of sweetness tasted and shared with others, and I, for one, thank you for offering me a glimpse of your own private paradise.

Stretching out in the sun,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Wow, thanks Loren for your very generous words.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/15/18 10:45 PM
Nice one my friend ,The guitar melody is midi, well just look at you still doing Midi .

Now that is impressive in a song adventurous, and unique …!!!.

enjoyed this .

all the best look at my songs they might include Midi Sounds. !!!.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/16/18 01:53 AM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Nice one my friend ,The guitar melody is midi, well just look at you still doing Midi .

Now that is impressive in a song adventurous, and unique …!!!.

enjoyed this .

all the best look at my songs they might include Midi Sounds. !!!.

Thanks beatmaster. I will check out your songs.
Cheers, Mike
Posted By: Al-David Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/16/18 03:54 AM
Hi Mike,

My wife and I are huge fans of Latin - particularly Bossa Nova, Latin Jazz and Rhumba. And my wife sings it so b=dang good. This is a really nice song that's so easy on the ears. You did a real nice job. Sure did enjoy my listen. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/16/18 10:58 AM
Mike, really nice BN track...it shows that bossa doesn't need complicated melody lines to be enjoyable..you've handled it very well.

Question: I see you used the H Mann midi solo for flute...what did you use to generate the flute sound itself? I find it a bit tricky to get a 'real' sounding midi flute...yours sounds real nice.

I especially liked how you used the flute in that brief interlude (at about 3:00)..a nice, simple, but effective break before the guitar kicks in again...well done!

I see in your photo you are enjoying a nice glass of wine while 'listening' to this gentle, pleasing track--that's how life should be!

Thanks for sharing you work!
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/16/18 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Mike,

My wife and I are huge fans of Latin - particularly Bossa Nova, Latin Jazz and Rhumba. And my wife sings it so b=dang good. This is a really nice song that's so easy on the ears. You did a real nice job. Sure did enjoy my listen. Best to you.

Alan

Thanks Alan. I was always a fan of Antonio Carlos Jobim.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/16/18 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Mike, really nice BN track...it shows that bossa doesn't need complicated melody lines to be enjoyable..you've handled it very well.

Question: I see you used the H Mann midi solo for flute...what did you use to generate the flute sound itself? I find it a bit tricky to get a 'real' sounding midi flute...yours sounds real nice.

I especially liked how you used the flute in that brief interlude (at about 3:00)..a nice, simple, but effective break before the guitar kicks in again...well done!

I see in your photo you are enjoying a nice glass of wine while 'listening' to this gentle, pleasing track--that's how life should be!

Thanks for sharing you work!

Thank you. Yes, a glass of wine and a soothing, gentle bossa do go well together. The flute track was generated through ForteDXI. Shading the track with varying velocity levels seemed to help. Cheers, Mike
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/18/18 12:52 PM
Hey Mike, I'm a huge fan of Bossa Nova myself, You nailed this one friend. Good job!

Mike B.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/19/18 05:08 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hey Mike, I'm a huge fan of Bossa Nova myself, You nailed this one friend. Good job!

Mike B.

Thanks Mike. Appreciate your comments. Mike G
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/19/18 05:20 AM
Hmmm, what an enjoyable listen.

Smooth, well rounded in every way.

I did enjoy it.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Boss of the Nova - 12/19/18 10:41 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Hmmm, what an enjoyable listen.

Smooth, well rounded in every way.

I did enjoy it.

Thank you for comments. Mike