PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 10:20 AM
Good Karma

For the past several years we’ve posted Christmas songs we either wrote or adapted from the public domain. We weren’t as specific this year but in the spirit of the season here’s Good Karma. Janice has long wanted to work with one of the solo-accompaniment RT’s so we had a go at it. We went with a vey simple chord structure as it seemed that the more chords I removed from my original idea the more I liked the piano.

I envision Janice sitting at the piano singing a little 8 bar blues ditty when a jazz drummer and bass player drop by. Peter sees a light on and comes in for some tasty fills smile Thanks!

Comments are always welcome and we hope it works for you.

Janice: vocal, melody and arrangement
Bud: lyric, arrangement and the production stuff
Peter: guitar

Vocal: Rode NT1 mic > Scarlett Interface > Logic Pro > Nectar 2

RT 392: Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 060 (Very Simple) / Waves Bass Rider / Neutron 2

MIDI SuperTrack 1886:Piano, Solo-Accompaniment Bluesy12-8John Sw 060 - comped from several regens / Logic Pro Grand Steinway / Ozone Imager / EMT 140 Plate Reverb sim

RealDrums: JazzBrushesSticks: a: Brushes - fills comped / Waves CLA Drums

Mix: Logic Pro X
Mastering: Logic EQ > Waves LinMB > Ozone Imager > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance

Thanks to PG Music and mr jane for the golden ears smile

Good Karma
Copyright 2018 janice & Bud Merritt

V1
i’ve got some good karma in the bank
i try hard every day to make a deposit
i earn it by trying to do the right thing
every little bit lifts my spirit
V2
kind deeds and words add to my balance
not a lotta work just open your heart
go ahead take a chance
V3
doesn’t take long to pay dividends
always show compassion
use some to make amends
V4
it pays me a lot of interest
the more i use it the more I earn
it’s how i continue life’s quest

Posted By: Tano Music Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 11:05 AM
Thank you for the wonderful “audio Christmas card”!

Vision realized, I’d say..I could also see myself sitting there listening to Janice spinning out a very seasonal, positive blues at the piano, with able sidemen surrounding her with backtrack and solo/fill-ins to make it an extra-special holiday moment.

Bud, production elements are great,a don thanks you for all the notes..I’m going to research some of your “tools” ‘cause I’d like to ramp up the quality of my stuff to try to reach the goodness that I hear here (here,here!)

Loved the personal Seasons wish at the very end!

Best wishes,
Tom (tanomusic)
Posted By: rsdean Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 05:07 PM
Janice, Bud & Peter,

You make a great trio... Another stellar production. I love the song and the way Janice delivers the vocal - it just breathes. Some awesome guitar work by Peter as usual - the fills are immaculate here.

The mix is tremendous - I hear all the subtleties in the arrangement and the blending of the tracks and vocal. It does not get any better...

Bob
Posted By: dcuny Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 05:18 PM
Janice singing the blues and sounding awesome? Who'd have thunk? wink

Nice write, fits in with mellow style.

You've got a very warm sound here. Good balance, everything clearly in their own place on the stage, nothing stepping on anything else. Clear and easy on the ears.

I like the way you've laid out the signal chain in your comments - very helpful!

Thanks for the present! smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Thank you for the wonderful “audio Christmas card”!

Vision realized, I’d say..I could also see myself sitting there listening to Janice spinning out a very seasonal, positive blues at the piano, with able sidemen surrounding her with backtrack and solo/fill-ins to make it an extra-special holiday moment.

Bud, production elements are great,a don thanks you for all the notes..I’m going to research some of your “tools” ‘cause I’d like to ramp up the quality of my stuff to try to reach the goodness that I hear here (here,here!)

Loved the personal Seasons wish at the very end!

Best wishes,
Tom (tanomusic)

You are more than welcome and thank you for the nice review. We are glad that you felt the same imagery for the “band” scene. This whole production thing is definitely a journey and not a destination. The forum is really a great place to learn production chops given that unlike many boards the members here are both civil and helpful. Having said that your productions are excellent and and the texturing and layering is unique. We appreciate your comments!

J&B
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 08:20 PM

Oh man is this ever sweet. Great vocals and SUPERB mix.

I think maybe your best mix. Love the drum treatment and the guitar is awesome.

Utter gorgeosity.

smile

Nice photo too!!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 08:24 PM
Another good one. I love Janice's voice. Good lyrics, too!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 08:39 PM
Today is the blues night smile
J&B&P Excellent tune. Karma Savings Bank is open for business!

As David pointed out, everything is very well balanced. I bow to your mixing expertise. Guitar is very smooth and blends in perfectly.

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Jim Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 09:30 PM
Man, Janice can really sing...
All of you have done a tremendous job on this tune...
I really enjoyed it...
Merry Christmas to all of you!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 09:48 PM
Fantastic lounge music, loved it.

Janice is one fantastic singer, so smooth and sweet even in a blues song. Peter's guitar fits like a glove, very tasty leads. The backing tracks were spot on and of course your you mix is perfect, as always.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

You make a great trio... Another stellar production. I love the song and the way Janice delivers the vocal - it just breathes. Some awesome guitar work by Peter as usual - the fills are immaculate here.

The mix is tremendous - I hear all the subtleties in the arrangement and the blending of the tracks and vocal. It does not get any better...

Bob

Thank you Bob. We really appreciate your positive comments regarding the vocal and mix. I’m biased, of course, but Janice with 8 and 12 bar blues just riffs out a melody a bit like a guitar player would jam. Usually on one take making my production part much easier! And yes, Peter, knows how to complement a melody for sure. We much appreciate your support!

J&B
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/19/18 11:17 PM
Quote:
I envision Janice sitting at the piano singing a little 8 bar blues ditty when a jazz drummer and bass player drop by. Peter sees a light on and comes in for some tasty fills smile Thanks!

This about sums up why it works so well. There is a clear cut vision of what is happening. It's seems real, so it is real. The performers create that via real instruments and knowledge how to make the virtual players work. It takes a man of skill behind a keyboard to make that vision work as well. Otherwise, it ends up sounding like really good musicians in a basement somewhere.

Great job to the three of you for creating something so authentic that I too can picture it. In fact, I picture it no other way now. When I feel like it happened; I believe it did. THAT is powerful. Great job!
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 07:02 AM
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,
The chord structure must seem simple but the the result is so good and the emotion is present. Christian
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Janice singing the blues and sounding awesome? Who'd have thunk? wink

Nice write, fits in with mellow style.

You've got a very warm sound here. Good balance, everything clearly in their own place on the stage, nothing stepping on anything else. Clear and easy on the ears.

I like the way you've laid out the signal chain in your comments - very helpful!

Thanks for the present! smile

David, we appreciate every word of that! Glad you like the present smile

Thanks for mentioning the vocal and the sound stage. I try very hard to mix in a manner that presents a decent representation of a small live band. Those attempts work to greater and lesser degrees!

J&B
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 01:03 PM
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Peter,

oh boy, what a lovely heart-warming slow blues song...

I can only repeat it again and again: Janice, the way you sing is not just awesome, it's devine !!!!

And Bud, the whole thing sounds as brilliant as any of your productions - you really know how to turn those knobs...

And, Peter - tasteful as always, I just love your playing.

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 01:16 PM
Great pic guys!

love the laid back feel of this

nice write, excellent mix

so good

Merry Christmas

Kenny
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Utter gorgeosity.

smile

Nice photo too!!

Thanks David! Appreciate you mentioning the mix and the drums. And yeah, Peter found the right notes for sure.

"gorgeosity" We like that! smile

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 02:21 PM
Well, I knew I was going to love this even before I pressed play just based on the power trio involved.

This is seriously good! Love the laid back groove, and the instrumentation is spot on, anything more would have taken away from the feel.

Great tone and subtle licks from Peter, just the perfect approach for the song.

And Janice is .... well, Janice is doing what Janice does! Always a treat to hear her sing.

Killer job on the mix, Bud, listened once though the phones and again through the monitors. And I'll be back to listen again.

All the best to you guys for the holiday!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 04:05 PM
If there is anyone with karma in the bank...it is definitely y'all!!

It's all been said at least a dozen times already... everything about this is Excellent.

The piano, the drums, the bass all sound good. Peter's guitar work is just what it needs to be - subtle, sweet, soothing.

Janice is the Star that she always is. A Christmas Star this time, I guess smile

Merry Christmas to you all. And Heart, too!! HA! (or HO! HO! HO!)

fj
Posted By: furry Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 06:48 PM
Oh yeah, love this one guys
Posted By: tommyad Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 07:10 PM
The opening piano sounds super with that width. If I was walking down Bourbon St or Beale St or Duval St and I heard this coming out into the street,that is where I would be drinking that night. Janice’s magically intoxicating vocal can just pull you in and not let go till the end. An interesting lyric for a blues song also helps. The mix is pristine and the production skills are on full display. Peter’s guitar playing showcases his tasty fills and warm tone and accents the vocal just right. You all made a really good record here. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Also nice photo! Janice say howdy to that old dog and Heart too. Tom
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 08:19 PM
J&B and Peter,
The no frills approach you went with works very well. Piano sounds so good, and Peter`s fills are nice and subtle. I like your description of Janice improvising on the melody like a guitarist... a very fine and comfortable improvisor too!
Its a refreshingly different lyric for the style...Floyd already said it- noone around here has more good karma in the bank than you guys!
Love the picture.

Robert
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Another good one. I love Janice's voice. Good lyrics, too!

Thank you!

J&B
Posted By: rayc Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/20/18 11:40 PM
The Karma Bank - hopefully a Mutual Society!
Nice blues crawl and a wonderful sentiment.
Well done everyone involved.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/21/18 03:26 AM
Thanks for inviting me to play on this track, always a privilege.
Love the photo.
Thanks to all for the comments regarding my small part in the project.
And like the song says Merry Christmas.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/21/18 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Today is the blues night smile
J&B&P Excellent tune. Karma Savings Bank is open for business!

As David pointed out, everything is very well balanced. I bow to your mixing expertise. Guitar is very smooth and blends in perfectly.

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Yep, Janice keeps the bank open while Bud does his best to keep up smile

Thanks for the positive and supportive review!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Jim
Man, Janice can really sing...
All of you have done a tremendous job on this tune...
I really enjoyed it...
Merry Christmas to all of you!

Thank you Jim and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/21/18 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Fantastic lounge music, loved it.

Janice is one fantastic singer, so smooth and sweet even in a blues song. Peter's guitar fits like a glove, very tasty leads. The backing tracks were spot on and of course your you mix is perfect, as always.

Thanks Mario. Janice is very, very appreciative of your comments on the vocal! And, of course, your supportive remarks regarding the mix means a lot.

Merry Christmas!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/22/18 04:49 PM
Cool song!! Fun idea, cleverly executed. Janice knocks the vocal out of the park!! RT sounds great....present, clear, and sweet. Can never go wrong with Peter on the axe!! Really, really cool!!! Merry Xmas to all of you!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/22/18 06:53 PM
Loved this song. Awesome vocal and very cool backtrack. Peters guitar was perfect the song. The song had so much feeling. Loved the picture of you two. Merry Christmas
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/23/18 12:11 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Quote:

This about sums up why it works so well. There is a clear cut vision of what is happening. It's seems real, so it is real. The performers create that via real instruments and knowledge how to make the virtual players work. It takes a man of skill behind a keyboard to make that vision work as well. Otherwise, it ends up sounding like really good musicians in a basement somewhere.

Great job to the three of you for creating something so authentic that I too can picture it. In fact, I picture it no other way now. When I feel like it happened; I believe it did. THAT is powerful. Great job!

It’s hard to express how much we appreciate your remarks. You artfully described exactlly what we had hoped to accomplish. Your validation of our efforts helps make this whole thing worthwhile. Thanks!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/23/18 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Chris37
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,
The chord structure must seem simple but the the result is so good and the emotion is present. Christian

Thank you Christian!!

J&B
Posted By: dani48 Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/24/18 06:50 AM
Hi, guys !:))

Good Karma shines thru all the way !
I can´t recall having heard anything
so beautiful and beautifully sung
as this masterpiece for a long time! My congrats to
all involved as well as my wish of
a most Merriest of christmases and
hopes for the best of New Years 2019 !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/24/18 09:12 AM

Excellent sound and performance.
Great vocal

very lovely your dog in the picture.

What is his/her name?

Merry Christmas

Sergio
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/24/18 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Peter,

oh boy, what a lovely heart-warming slow blues song...

I can only repeat it again and again: Janice, the way you sing is not just awesome, it's devine !!!!

And Bud, the whole thing sounds as brilliant as any of your productions - you really know how to turn those knobs...

And, Peter - tasteful as always, I just love your playing.

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan. Janice lit up like our Christmas tree when she read your comment about her vocal. And Bud is most appreciative of your mix comments. And he always gives credit to floyd and Tom for their production guidance. And we both thank Peter for adding just the right touch.

Best to you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great pic guys!

love the laid back feel of this

nice write, excellent mix

so good

Merry Christmas

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! And, man, are we loving your song.

Have a great Christmas, New Year and beyond.

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/24/18 10:16 PM
Bob has already said it but you folks make a great trio!! Beautiful Christmas greeting from you with a beautiful tune! A1 vocals, guitar and production (seems I've said that before about your work). You epitomize all the good things that can come from this forum group and I am always impressed with every thing you offer us here! Merry Christmas! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/25/18 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Well, I knew I was going to love this even before I pressed play just based on the power trio involved.

This is seriously good! Love the laid back groove, and the instrumentation is spot on, anything more would have taken away from the feel.

Great tone and subtle licks from Peter, just the perfect approach for the song.

And Janice is .... well, Janice is doing what Janice does! Always a treat to hear her sing.

Killer job on the mix, Bud, listened once though the phones and again through the monitors. And I'll be back to listen again.

All the best to you guys for the holiday!

Dave, we appreciate this and all of the support that you’ve offered through 2018 with your reviews of our productions. Comments like the above keep us at it!

Thanks,

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/26/18 08:41 AM

Utter gorgeosity.

smile

Nice photo too!!

I think David said it about as good as can be said. he knows talent and i respect his comments on everybody's songs. And i was thinking much the same as he posted. Simply wonderful by all three of you. Hope 2019 is a sweet year fro all of you.

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/26/18 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
If there is anyone with karma in the bank...it is definitely y'all!!

It's all been said at least a dozen times already... everything about this is Excellent.

The piano, the drums, the bass all sound good. Peter's guitar work is just what it needs to be - subtle, sweet, soothing.

Janice is the Star that she always is. A Christmas Star this time, I guess smile

Merry Christmas to you all. And Heart, too!! HA! (or HO! HO! HO!)

fj

floyd, thanks for all your support, counsel and kind reviews During 2018 - indeed over the past six years. Our many collabs with you have been a huge part of our musical growth. And, of course, we are happy that you liked this one!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/27/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: furry
Oh yeah, love this one guys

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

J&B

Originally Posted By: tommyad
The opening piano sounds super with that width. If I was walking down Bourbon St or Beale St or Duval St and I heard this coming out into the street,that is where I would be drinking that night. Janice’s magically intoxicating vocal can just pull you in and not let go till the end. An interesting lyric for a blues song also helps. The mix is pristine and the production skills are on full display. Peter’s guitar playing showcases his tasty fills and warm tone and accents the vocal just right. You all made a really good record here. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Also nice photo! Janice say howdy to that old dog and Heart too. Tom

Tom, you have mixed some excellent piano RT's and loops so your comment about our piano track is greatly appreciated. And equally appreciated are your remarks about the vocal and the mix. AND, thanks for putting us on those streets!

Janice said howdy to old dog me and Heart appreciated the greeting smile

Best to y'all!!!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/28/18 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B and Peter,
The no frills approach you went with works very well. Piano sounds so good, and Peter`s fills are nice and subtle. I like your description of Janice improvising on the melody like a guitarist... a very fine and comfortable improvisor too!
Its a refreshingly different lyric for the style...Floyd already said it- noone around here has more good karma in the bank than you guys!
Love the picture.

Robert

Thanks Robert. Yep, that is pretty much always the manner that Janice’s sings blues - either channeling a guitar or a sax smile

I appreciate you mentioning the piano - I wish there were more MST’s. And, yep, Peter’s fills were a perfect complement. Thanks for your support throughout this year and we enjoyed your great run of productions and look forward to more.

J&B

Originally Posted By: rayc
The Karma Bank - hopefully a Mutual Society!
Nice blues crawl and a wonderful sentiment.
Well done everyone involved.

Mutual indeed...

Thank you!!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/30/18 10:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool song!! Fun idea, cleverly executed. Janice knocks the vocal out of the park!! RT sounds great....present, clear, and sweet. Can never go wrong with Peter on the axe!! Really, really cool!!! Merry Xmas to all of you!! Take care. Greg

Greg, thanks for the nice review and for all the great productions you’ve posted this year! We look forward to many more.

Happy New Year to you and yours,

J&B
Posted By: gruverider Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/31/18 03:10 AM
I love the song and I love the photo!!!

You guys are so warm and welcoming!!!
Posted By: lindbjerg Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/31/18 08:30 AM
Very well produced song!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 12/31/18 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this song. Awesome vocal and very cool backtrack. Peters guitar was perfect the song. The song had so much feeling. Loved the picture of you two. Merry Christmas

Thanks Scott and thanks for your great music over the past year. Looking forward to more.

Happy New Year!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 01/01/19 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, guys !:))

Good Karma shines thru all the way !
I can´t recall having heard anything
so beautiful and beautifully sung
as this masterpiece for a long time! My congrats to
all involved as well as my wish of
a most Merriest of christmases and
hopes for the best of New Years 2019 !

Cheers
Dani

Thank you very much Dani! Your support and comments are ALWAYS appreciated.

Happy New Year to both of you!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 01/02/19 03:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Excellent sound and performance.
Great vocal

very lovely your dog in the picture.

What is his/her name?

Merry Christmas

Sergio

The dog is named "heart" because of the white blaze on her head smile

Thanks Sergio and happy new year!

J&B
Posted By: bluage Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 01/03/19 03:41 AM
Well, well, well, now, Bud, Ms. Janice, and Peter...

Ya'll know I like this, don't you? Oh, yeah. Ah-huh. You know. Dragging all those blues on the floor like that. Tsk, tsk, tsk! Like you're mopping up the tears that they caused. But, the funny thing is, that song ain't about the blues! It's about doing good, paying it forward, puttin' a little somethin'-somethin' away for the future...of our world. That makes "Good Karma" a totally original "take" on the blues.

Peter, your statements are so brief, it made me think your guitar was on a fast. But they were so soulful and sweet that I bet you licked your fingers after you performed them. Mmm, mmm, good!

Ms. Janice, you keep singing like that and you're gonna get arrested for "disorderly diversion of the public's attention from traditional Christmas music". The penalty is harsh, and stiff: you must continue singing the blues until everybody begins to cry! laugh

Bud, your uplifting lyrics contrast deliciously against your bluesy arrangement. Seems like all of you "put your foot' in this one and seasoned it just right.

Happy New Year to you, you, and you!

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 01/04/19 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Bob has already said it but you folks make a great trio!! Beautiful Christmas greeting from you with a beautiful tune! A1 vocals, guitar and production (seems I've said that before about your work). You epitomize all the good things that can come from this forum group and I am always impressed with every thing you offer us here! Merry Christmas! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey that is most kind of you to say! We have long admired your work and your posts for 2018 were ALL very enjoyable and so well performed and produced. We look forward to more during 2019 and wish you the very best.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Al-David

Utter gorgeosity.

smile

Nice photo too!!

I think David said it about as good as can be said. he knows talent and i respect his comments on everybody's songs. And i was thinking much the same as he posted. Simply wonderful by all three of you. Hope 2019 is a sweet year fro all of you.

Alan

Thanks Alan! Best to y'all this year....

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 01/05/19 10:11 AM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
I love the song and I love the photo!!!

You guys are so warm and welcoming!!!
Originally Posted By: lindbjerg
Very well produced song!

Thanks y’all and we wish you the best new year on your musical journeys!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Karma (with Peter) - 01/06/19 10:32 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Well, well, well, now, Bud, Ms. Janice, and Peter...

Ya'll know I like this, don't you? Oh, yeah. Ah-huh. You know. Dragging all those blues on the floor like that. Tsk, tsk, tsk! Like you're mopping up the tears that they caused. But, the funny thing is, that song ain't about the blues! It's about doing good, paying it forward, puttin' a little somethin'-somethin' away for the future...of our world. That makes "Good Karma" a totally original "take" on the blues.

Peter, your statements are so brief, it made me think your guitar was on a fast. But they were so soulful and sweet that I bet you licked your fingers after you performed them. Mmm, mmm, good!

Ms. Janice, you keep singing like that and you're gonna get arrested for "disorderly diversion of the public's attention from traditional Christmas music". The penalty is harsh, and stiff: you must continue singing the blues until everybody begins to cry! laugh

Bud, your uplifting lyrics contrast deliciously against your bluesy arrangement. Seems like all of you "put your foot' in this one and seasoned it just right.

Happy New Year to you, you, and you!

Sincerely,

LOREN

Loren, if we had your command of the English language we would be writing novels!

Thank you for your time over the past year to write amazingly thoughtful reviews of our productions. It offers validation and support for efforts.

We appreciate it!

J&B
© PG Music Forums