PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Azure Grassbag - 01/01/19 07:36 PM
Happy New Year folks.
Here’s my last completed BB track of 2018,a simple Bluegrass instrumental which I think is great fun,I just used the traditional Bluegrass Realtracks.

https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/azure-grassbag

R.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/02/19 08:46 AM
Cool backtrack Rick. Pauses were neat with the banjo
Posted By: Riccled Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/04/19 08:23 PM
Cheers Scott,it’s a fun piece and I’m glad it works well.
R.
Posted By: bluage Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/08/19 04:22 AM
"Riccled"...

"Azure Grassbag" moves like a galloping horse racing against a steamboat! And who could resist such blistering banjo picking??? Yeee-hawww!

But, then again, you introduce even more interest in the composition through alternating major/minor-sounding passages that impart some dramatic tension to the proceedings. The effect is sustained in a different way in those few measures where you silence the banjo rhythm track under the melody; they function like quiet bridges that allow the listener to rest for a bit before the explosive energy of each consecutive verse is unleashed.

Would you tell me what was the melody instrument? It sounded like a harmonium to me.

Thanks for the roaring, rousing listening experience, "Riccled"!

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/08/19 12:12 PM
Nice work on this Riccled smile The groove on this thing is infectious, and got my toe tapping immediately. Really playful, and it makes for an engaging listen. Really easy on the ears. I can imagine this sounding really nice performed live.

Really well done - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Riccled Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/09/19 08:09 PM
Hi Loren.
Thanks for another interesting and perceptive review,it’s an old French Accordian sound on Sampletank 3 that I used for it,I think it works well,so glad you enjoyed it,will do more in the coming months!

R.
Posted By: Riccled Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/09/19 08:10 PM
Cheers Deryk!!
R.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Azure Grassbag - 01/09/19 10:49 PM
I thought that sounded like an accordion. It adds an unusual and pleasing flavor to your bluegrass composition. FUN!
© PG Music Forums