PG Music Home
Posted By: jannesan Because Of You - 01/04/19 01:46 PM
Because Of You

I made this blues song couple of years ago, but so far I have thought I don't have capacity to sing it. But for the start of the new year, I tried how it would sound with my voice. Fortunately I had a good day and I managed to sing in tune most of the time. Naturally, there are still issues with pronunciation and essing, but the end result is IMO good enough for publishing on this friendly forum smile

The arrangement is based on the _ANGUISH.STY style, but I have added acoustic guitars, piano and organ.

RealDrums: BluesRock128
RealTracks:
Acoustic guitar #536, #2674
Electric guitar #1923, #1924, #2686 (solo)
Electric bass #1922
Organ: 2734
Acoustic Piano #2368

Vocals by me
Mixed in Adobe Audition 2019

Lyrics:

I'm not afraid to show them
the bond we have is real
the misfits can appeal
the world can despise
but I won't apologize.

Days in your glow
drew a shadow
I have lost old friends
because of you
nights in your arms
awoke the demons
I've got new enemies
because of you
but I don't regret
love we do.

They said I should not play with you
they frightened me in dreadful ways
but I'm prepared for their blaze
they can batter me
but they can't break my loyalty.

Days...

My firm fist is stronger than their hate
it has more patience than the
vengeful who wait
it stands much longer than
their brittle ties
it has more faith than those
who moralize.

Days...
but I still defend
love we do

------
Janne
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Because Of You - 01/04/19 02:22 PM
The lyrics are intriguing showing the strong stance of love against all foes. Love the frank acknowledgement of this personal love. The lyrics speak truth, which I so love. The melody and vocals fit the message perfectly.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Because Of You - 01/04/19 04:48 PM
Janne,

This sounds good. A very good mix - crisp and clear.

"nights in your arms
awoke the demons
I've got new enemies
because of you"

That brought a smile.

Enjoyed it.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Because Of You - 01/04/19 07:12 PM
Loved this Janne. Kudos for putting your vocal on the track. I thought you did a great vocal and I the backtrack was just excellent..
Posted By: rayc Re: Because Of You - 01/04/19 07:19 PM
Yes there are a few things you could work on BUT I think it works pretty well.
The only thing that I'd suggest is bringing the vocal down a little bit so it sits "in" the track.
Nice work.
Posted By: bluage Re: Because Of You - 01/05/19 03:22 AM
Hello, "jannesan"...

Wow! Allow me to say first that the chord changes in your song, "Because of You" chart an arc of emotions that ranged from chilly darkness to the liberating light. Listening to it was like turning corners in a maze: there was some suspense over what new feelings I would run into.

Your lyrics tell a strong story of an obviously strong committment/involvement with a person who clearly arouses envy in others. By the time I got to the line, "My firm fist is stronger than their hate", I said to myself, "This man (the subject of your song) is not to be played with!" The possibility of using violence to defend, or protect a romantic relationship, is final, powerful, and very real, as we all know how our emotions can escalate when our feelings for another are threatened.

Your RealTracks arrangement fully supported the dramatic intensity of the lyrics. The song ended up being memorable because of its unflinching declaration of the "loyalty" that is spoken of in it.

Strong stuff, "jannesan"! And don't worry about your vocal. I understood every word that you sang.

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: robsmusic Re: Because Of You - 01/05/19 07:38 PM
I like the chord progression, some minor sections and some major sections. Matches well with lyrics.

-rob
Posted By: Jim Re: Because Of You - 01/05/19 08:53 PM
Like others, I'm impressed with your chord progressions...
They really add to the cool appeal of your composition...
I'm glad you went with own voice & I heartily agree with you...
you vocal is more than "good enough for publishing on this friendly forum".
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 06:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
The lyrics are intriguing showing the strong stance of love against all foes. Love the frank acknowledgement of this personal love. The lyrics speak truth, which I so love. The melody and vocals fit the message perfectly.

Thanks Belladonna for your kind words smile I'm glad you found so many nice things to say about my lyrics blush

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 06:38 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
This sounds good. A very good mix - crisp and clear.
"nights in your arms awoke the demons
I've got new enemies because of you"
That brought a smile.
Enjoyed it.
fj

Thanks Floyd, I appreciate your kind comment smile I'm glad to make you smile laugh

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 06:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Janne. Kudos for putting your vocal on the track. I thought you did a great vocal and I the backtrack was just excellent..

Thanks Scott for your kind and encouraging words smile

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 08:21 AM
Hello Janne,

Great song! Loved the backing tracks and your vocal works fine. The lyric speaks truth and is very well written. loved it!

Alan
Posted By: rsdean Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 09:35 AM
Janne,

I think you nailed this... Great job - much enjoyed my listen.

Bob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 09:37 AM
Good writing here, I enjoyed your lyrics, and nice job on the production and mix also.

Enjoyed!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 01:21 PM
Janne,
Cheers to those good days!
Good composition and production, I liked some twists in lyrics/vocal articulation.

Say hi to beautiful Moominland.

Best regards,
Misha.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 01:36 PM
Hi, Janne !:))

Great tune, my friend !
Enjoyable tune as your
tunes always are !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 07:10 PM
Janne,

I always enjoy the way you move around genres in your songs- the structure of this is more straightforward than some and that highlights the lyrics: an interesting mix of affirmation and opposition!
Your vocals and the mix sound good.

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Because Of You - 01/06/19 11:18 PM
Really interesting lyric angle on this Janne!! Very creative! And the music matches with some darkness/bluesyness in the chorus. Mix/arrangement work great!! Very good job on this one!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: Because Of You - 01/07/19 12:15 AM
Janne

Really interesting song, nice progression and lyrics and the overall production is very strong.
Good work.

Peter
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/08/19 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes there are a few things you could work on BUT I think it works pretty well.
The only thing that I'd suggest is bringing the vocal down a little bit so it sits "in" the track.
Nice work.

Thanks Ray for your kind words smile I usually get feedback to put vocal up, so I guess I have learned that lesson and now I have to get back to find the perfect spot smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/08/19 04:57 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Wow! Allow me to say first that the chord changes in your song, "Because of You" chart an arc of emotions that ranged from chilly darkness to the liberating light. Listening to it was like turning corners in a maze: there was some suspense over what new feelings I would run into.

Your lyrics tell a strong story of an obviously strong committment/involvement with a person who clearly arouses envy in others. By the time I got to the line, "My firm fist is stronger than their hate", I said to myself, "This man (the subject of your song) is not to be played with!" The possibility of using violence to defend, or protect a romantic relationship, is final, powerful, and very real, as we all know how our emotions can escalate when our feelings for another are threatened.

Your RealTracks arrangement fully supported the dramatic intensity of the lyrics. The song ended up being memorable because of its unflinching declaration of the "loyalty" that is spoken of in it.

Strong stuff, "jannesan"! And don't worry about your vocal. I understood every word that you sang.
Sincerely,
LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Thanks Loren for your beautiful and very friendly review of my simple song smile "fist" is kind of a metaphor here for mental attitude, not intended to be violent, but your interpretation is natural and I'm glad you found powerful emotions in it. Your words encourages me to continue on my lyrical path smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/08/19 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: robsmusic
I like the chord progression, some minor sections and some major sections. Matches well with lyrics.
-rob

Thanks Rob for your kind words smile I didn't want to follow standard blues chord progressions, I always want to have my own spice there, so I'm glad you liked the way I have used the chords.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/10/19 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Like others, I'm impressed with your chord progressions...
They really add to the cool appeal of your composition...
I'm glad you went with own voice & I heartily agree with you...
you vocal is more than "good enough for publishing on this friendly forum".

Thanks Jim for your heartful comment smile Glad to hear you liked the progression and my voice blush

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/10/19 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Great song! Loved the backing tracks and your vocal works fine. The lyric speaks truth and is very well written. loved it!

Alan

Thanks Alan, always nice to get a comment from you smile I'm glad you liked my lyrics smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/10/19 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janne,
I think you nailed this... Great job - much enjoyed my listen.
Bob

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your kind feedback smile

Janne
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Because Of You - 01/11/19 01:03 PM
cool song

nice mix, nice write

good vocals,

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/12/19 05:36 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good writing here, I enjoyed your lyrics, and nice job on the production and mix also.
Enjoyed!

Thanks Dave for your kind words smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/12/19 05:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Janne,
Cheers to those good days!
Good composition and production, I liked some twists in lyrics/vocal articulation.
Say hi to beautiful Moominland.
Best regards,
Misha.

Thanks Misha for your very kind feedback smile Yep, I'll definitely say hi smile Have you ever visited Moominland, the theme park? I have to admit, I've never been there.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/13/19 05:22 AM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Great tune, my friend !
Enjoyable tune as your
tunes always are !:))
Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani for your supportive comment smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/13/19 05:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I always enjoy the way you move around genres in your songs- the structure of this is more straightforward than some and that highlights the lyrics: an interesting mix of affirmation and opposition!
Your vocals and the mix sound good.
Robert

Thanks Robert for your insightful words smile I'm glad you have noticed my genre moving.

Janne
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Because Of You - 01/13/19 09:16 AM

Very nice and original melody as usual.
So great vocal too very particular.

Excellent Janne.

Sergio
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Because Of You - 01/13/19 12:25 PM
As Robert said "an interesting mix of affirmation and opposition..." That is a great description of the lyric.

Your vocal, the arrangement (particularly the progressions), the band and the mix are all in harmony and very well support the lyric.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Because Of You - 01/13/19 05:28 PM
Great job on this Janne! That change at 0:40 was an unexpected delight. It really sounds good! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Because Of You - 01/13/19 10:47 PM
Hi jannesan,

Very, very good song! I really enjoyed listening to it.

The mix is in general good, but the vocal might be a little bit too loud compared with the rest of the instruments - there was a few places in the song where I didn't feel the connection between you and the rest of the "band".

Not a big problem, because the song is overall very good!

Will
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/14/19 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really interesting lyric angle on this Janne!! Very creative! And the music matches with some darkness/bluesyness in the chorus. Mix/arrangement work great!! Very good job on this one!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate your very positive review smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/14/19 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Really interesting song, nice progression and lyrics and the overall production is very strong.
Good work.
Peter

Thanks Peter for listening and commenting kindly smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/14/19 05:23 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
cool song
nice mix, nice write
good vocals,
enjoyed the listen,
Kenny

Thanks Kenny for your kind words smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/15/19 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very nice and original melody as usual.
So great vocal too very particular.
Excellent Janne.
Sergio

Sergio, nice to hear from you, thanks for your kind and supportive comment smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/15/19 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As Robert said "an interesting mix of affirmation and opposition..." That is a great description of the lyric.
Your vocal, the arrangement (particularly the progressions), the band and the mix are all in harmony and very well support the lyric.
Well done!
J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud for your positive words about my song, especially about the progression and lyrics smile

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/15/19 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Great job on this Janne! That change at 0:40 was an unexpected delight. It really sounds good! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey for your nice comment smile I'm glad you noticed that unexpected chord change.

Janne
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/15/19 05:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very, very good song! I really enjoyed listening to it.
The mix is in general good, but the vocal might be a little bit too loud compared with the rest of the instruments - there was a few places in the song where I didn't feel the connection between you and the rest of the "band".
Not a big problem, because the song is overall very good!
Will

Thanks Will for your positive feedback smile And you are right about the vocal being too loud, I have now lowered the vocals by 2dBs, hope it's now better, still keeping the strength needed to carry the lyrics.

Janne
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Because Of You - 01/16/19 04:53 PM
Hi Janne,

Yet another excellent listen!

Your ability to create and to produce fine audio works just keeps getting better and better. It was a pleasure listening to what you've done here.

Like floyd, I also smiled at the lines...

"nights in your arms
awoke the demons
I've got new enemies
because of you"

The first thought that came to mind after hearing them was "Ahhhh... this is not a classic love song!"

You entertained me! Thank you smile

All the best from underneath the equator,
Noel
Posted By: jannesan Re: Because Of You - 01/19/19 05:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Yet another excellent listen!
Your ability to create and to produce fine audio works just keeps getting better and better. It was a pleasure listening to what you've done here.
Like floyd, I also smiled at the lines...
"nights in your arms
awoke the demons
I've got new enemies
because of you"
The first thought that came to mind after hearing them was "Ahhhh... this is not a classic love song!"
You entertained me! Thank you smile
All the best from underneath the equator,
Noel

Thanks Noel, I appreciate your positive and kind words, I'm glad I have entertained you laugh hope it's warm enough there down under smile

Janne
© PG Music Forums