PG Music Home
Posted By: HiroshiK Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/11/19 01:53 PM
Hello again,

I made only one post last year because I could have little time for creative woks and then focused on improving my song-writing skills by reviewing some of my songs rather than creating new songs. I also tried out creating new to me or very much different styles of songs.

I am going back to the Forum now and to show you the outcomes of the above efforts. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

The first one is "Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed)".
I do not explain the differences between this version and exiting versions. I hope you just listen to it as a new song. Just one comment. I changed the virtual singer from Mew/VOCALOID(YAMAHA) to Yoko/Sinsy. Sinsy is the vocal synthesizer system developed in a Japanese university and is integrated into BIAB. I was surprised by its quality level. Yoko's Japanese pronunciation is very good or natural though I did almost no tuning.

You can listen to the song at the following address on Soundcloud.
https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/visiting-beautiful-kyoto-remixed

Youtube video versions are also available at the following addresses.
https://youtu.be/kSs5Nl4YBgo (in Japanese)
https://youtu.be/NDS80hZd34E (in English)

****** Song Summary *************
Key: C , Tempo: 98
Style: ARPORK34.STY (Orchestral Arpeggio 3/4)
Vocal: Yoko / Sinsy (Virtual)
Instruments (DPro):
Grand Piano
1st Violins Espressivo
1st Violins Legato
Violas Legato
Full Strings (big)
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/11/19 07:25 PM
Wow! Fantastic work on this HiroshiK! Really enjoy the overall timbres. Very grand arrangement. Well done!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/11/19 11:29 PM
HiroshiK,
Interesting and beautiful song. Well performed and mixed. Those vocal synthesizers are amazing creatures.

Your song, for some strange reason reminded me of romantic waltz from 19th century Waves of the Danube by Romanian composer Ion Ivanovici.

Thank you for sharing!
Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/12/19 02:50 PM
Lovely piece of music Hiroshek. Vocal was haunting
Posted By: bluage Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/12/19 03:32 PM
Dear "HiroshiK"...

Yes, indeed, the "Yoko/Sinsy" vocal synthesizer system has high-quality sound, but in the case of this particular song, the perception of its quality is heavily influenced by the beautiful, yet somehow melancholy melody you created. It sounds as though it was composed by someone who perhaps had lived in Kyoto, but had to leave it for some reason, and is caught-up in a reverie of memories that express a longing for a return to that "beautiful" city.

It's a very affecting piece of music, "HiroshiK". I feel grateful to have listened to it.

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/12/19 03:52 PM
very nice

beautiful melody

nice to hear a song from you again

beautiful song for a beautiful place

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/12/19 06:55 PM
WOW!!! That is simply gorgeous!!! Nothing more to say. Take care. Greg
What a lovely and wonderful song! It's on my bucket list to go to Japan one day. I almost went last year, but the cheaper flights were looking something like 32 hours on way. Someday! For now, I'll just have to listen to your music to transport me there!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/13/19 10:28 PM
HiroshiK, you have done an outstanding job with this production! Everything sounds beautiful with a great mix and audio quality! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/13/19 10:36 PM
Wonderful song, wonderful composition. It was joy to listen to this song.

Thank you for sharing!
Will
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 03:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Wow! Fantastic work on this HiroshiK! Really enjoy the overall timbres. Very grand arrangement. Well done!

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like my song and enjoyed it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 09:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
HiroshiK,
Interesting and beautiful song. Well performed and mixed. Those vocal synthesizers are amazing creatures.

Your song, for some strange reason reminded me of romantic waltz from 19th century Waves of the Danube by Romanian composer Ion Ivanovici.

Thank you for sharing!
Misha.

Hi Misha,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like my song.

Waves of the Danube is very popular also in Japan. It appears even in the music textbook for the sixth grade of an elementary school.
It was there when I was in an elementary schools as well (it is long long time ago).

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 09:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Lovely piece of music Hiroshek. Vocal was haunting

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 10:10 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "HiroshiK"...

Yes, indeed, the "Yoko/Sinsy" vocal synthesizer system has high-quality sound, but in the case of this particular song, the perception of its quality is heavily influenced by the beautiful, yet somehow melancholy melody you created. It sounds as though it was composed by someone who perhaps had lived in Kyoto, but had to leave it for some reason, and is caught-up in a reverie of memories that express a longing for a return to that "beautiful" city.

It's a very affecting piece of music, "HiroshiK". I feel grateful to have listened to it.

Sincerely,

LOREN

Dear LOREN,

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you also for sharing what sort of impression you had got from the melody. I was deeply impressed. Melancholy is a nice word to express it. I understood the melody, together with the voice of Yoko speaking Japanese, gave you that feeling.

If you have time and interest, you can understand the meaning of Japanese lyrics by accessing the video version of the song. It includes the English translation in its description.

https://youtu.be/NDS80hZd34E

I hope you would accept it as well.

Sincerely,

Hiroshi
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 11:50 AM
Welcome back...that was lovely as were the images in the video.

The vocal is amazing as is the whole production. Lush and so well mixed.

Listening is like watching a gentle stream flowing by you.

Great!!!

J&B
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 12:00 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
very nice

beautiful melody

nice to hear a song from you again

beautiful song for a beautiful place

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like this song and enjoyed it. I am also glad I am back now.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/14/19 12:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! That is simply gorgeous!!! Nothing more to say. Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like this song.

Hiroshi
This is a stunningly gorgeous composition, such a surreal, haunting melody. I am absolutely astounded that the singer is a synthesizer.
Posted By: rayc Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 02:28 AM
I can't see why I'd need or want to listen to an English version - it may burst the balloon.
You've managed to wrangle the technology to do justice to a lovely melody.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 03:00 AM
HiroshiK

Simply lovely.

Peter
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 05:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
What a lovely and wonderful song! It's on my bucket list to go to Japan one day. I almost went last year, but the cheaper flights were looking something like 32 hours on way. Someday! For now, I'll just have to listen to your music to transport me there!

Hi Ember,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like this song.

Yes, Japan is definitely nice country to visit. I wish my song could really transport you to Japan smile , but ...

I hope you will have a chance to visit here near future.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 05:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
HiroshiK, you have done an outstanding job with this production! Everything sounds beautiful with a great mix and audio quality! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you like this song so much.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 05:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wonderful song, wonderful composition. It was joy to listen to this song.

Thank you for sharing!
Will

Hello Will,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like this song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 06:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Welcome back...that was lovely as were the images in the video.

The vocal is amazing as is the whole production. Lush and so well mixed.

Listening is like watching a gentle stream flowing by you.

Great!!!

J&B

Hello again J&B,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy I am back to the forum now.

I was so much encouraged by your comment.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 06:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This is a stunningly gorgeous composition, such a surreal, haunting melody. I am absolutely astounded that the singer is a synthesizer.

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like the song especially its melody and vocal. I agree. I believe Sinsy has made significant progress for years.

Hiroshi
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/15/19 12:04 PM
Hello HiroshiK,

this is indeed a very beautiful and sweet song, and it's sounding really great. And it's good to be reminded once in a while of how versatile BIAB is. Great job.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: bluage Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/16/19 12:26 AM
Originally Posted By: HiroshiK
If you have time and interest, you can understand the meaning of Japanese lyrics by accessing the video version of the song. It includes the English translation in its description.

Sincerely,

Hiroshi

Hello, again, "HiroshiK"...

Yes, I will be happy to re-experience your fine composition while viewing the video.

Whenever User's Forum members post songs that are accompanied by videos, I always chose to listen to them only as music first, before I watch the videos. I feel that this choice allows me to imagine my own "sound pictures", so to speak, as I absorb the music.

I'll "get back to you" after seeing it, "HiroshiK"!

LOREN
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/16/19 10:56 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I can't see why I'd need or want to listen to an English version - it may burst the balloon.
You've managed to wrangle the technology to do justice to a lovely melody.

Hi rayc,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to see that this song was well accepted by non-Japanese people though the vocal (or lyrics) is in Japanese. I looked into the reason why. I might be quite wrong, but I suppose it is because the voice of the virtual singer Yoko well matches the melody, and the characteristics of Japanese also well suite it. I understand Japanese has following characteristics.
- Every tone is based on a vowel.
- Basically one tone is allocated to one note in a song.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/16/19 10:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
HiroshiK

Simply lovely.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like it.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/16/19 11:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hello HiroshiK,

this is indeed a very beautiful and sweet song, and it's sounding really great. And it's good to be reminded once in a while of how versatile BIAB is. Great job.

Take care,

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like the song.
I agree. BIAB is really a versatile tool. It satisfies any of my requirements.

Hiroshi
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: Visiting Beautiful Kyoto (Remixed) - 01/16/19 11:17 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Originally Posted By: HiroshiK

Sincerely,

Hiroshi

Hello, again, "HiroshiK"...

Yes, I will be happy to re-experience your fine composition while viewing the video.

Whenever User's Forum members post songs that are accompanied by videos, I always chose to listen to them only as music first, before I watch the videos. I feel that this choice allows me to imagine my own "sound pictures", so to speak, as I absorb the music.

I'll "get back to you" after seeing it, "HiroshiK"!

LOREN

Thank you again, LOREN

I think your policy, music first and video next, is absolutely right.

I look forward to your next message.

Hiroshi
© PG Music Forums