PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David A Sunday Samba - 01/16/19 04:29 PM
I wrote this on my laptop while in DI's hospital room last Sunday. It's all BIAB and Audacity. All I did was put it together on the laptop and finally have time to post it. From start to finish ... about 2 hours. It features acoustic guitar on the lead. I kept it simple - just four tracks. Thanks in advance ... Alan

A Sunday Samba

****** Song Summary - A SUNDAY SAMBA *************

File:A Sunday Samba.SGU
Key=F , Tempo 190, Length (m:s)=2:56

Style is _CRATO.STY (Crato Samba Fusion Trio)

RealTracks in style: ~719:Bass, Acoustic, Samba Ev 190 (B:energetic)
RealTracks in style: 2892:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FusionFastLatinJeff Ev 190
RealTracks in song: 1645:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist SambaFusionCarlos Ev 190
RealDrums [in style:SambaBrazilBrushAlex: a: SambaBrazilBrushAlexb: SambaBrazilBrushAlex

Posted By: Will Josef Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/16/19 08:15 PM
Hi Alan,

Even if you made this tune within a few hours, I do think it is a fine piece of music. It is what I call "lounge"-music - a genre I like to listen to when relaxing with good friends.

There's a strange drop in the volume of the sound between 1:36 and 1:39 - is that an "artifact" from the new version of BiaB?

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Posted By: rayc Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/17/19 01:55 AM
That spot does sound as if the guitar turned away from the mic for a moment.
That occasional chord in the melody sounds weird.
Hope DI is doing better having some music being made along side would be nice.
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/18/19 08:26 AM
Very cool backtrack Alan. Guitar work was excellent . Well done
Posted By: Jim Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/18/19 09:29 AM
Another nice tune, Alan...
Pretty good for only 2 hours work...
I had to back & listen a 2nd time to find the drop out they mentioned...
I didn't notice it the 1st time through.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/19/19 01:54 AM
Nice work Alan. This three minutes of sunshine is bound to cheer anyone up. I'm thinking it's just what the doctor ordered.
Cheers to you both,
Mike
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/19/19 04:15 PM
Very enjoyable, despite where you were.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/21/19 10:03 AM
Dear Alan,

I can assure you: This Sunday Samba is a treat on mondays, too. I said it before: I adore the way you compose and even morr your playing, which is simply outstanding on this one. Brilliant, just brilliant !!!!

All the best to you and Di who has hopefully recovered!

Stefan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/21/19 11:42 AM
Great work Alan! Very impressive you wrote this in such a short timespan. And simple really is better sometimes, because this certainly hits the spot. Not too over complicated, and really easy on the ears with a nice groove.

Well done - thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: 44kfl Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/21/19 11:43 AM
I like every arrangement that you put together

obviously a man who knows what he's doing

good one Alan

Kenny
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/21/19 04:18 PM
I was expecting Sammy Davis, Jr. to come in with the vocals. Great guitar work. This is a fun, uplifting song.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/21/19 08:37 PM
Very nice Alan! That is great music going on there and you did an excellent job with it considering you weren't in your studio environment! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: furry Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/21/19 10:08 PM
GREAT Samba Alan. Not at all cluttered. Love all your work and this one's up there with the best
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Alan,

Even if you made this tune within a few hours, I do think it is a fine piece of music. It is what I call "lounge"-music - a genre I like to listen to when relaxing with good friends.

There's a strange drop in the volume of the sound between 1:36 and 1:39 - is that an "artifact" from the new version of BiaB?

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Hi Will ...

Thank you very much - glad you enjoyed it. That volume issue was an oversight on my part. I meant to correct it but just forgot to. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:18 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
That spot does sound as if the guitar turned away from the mic for a moment.
That occasional chord in the melody sounds weird.
Hope DI is doing better having some music being made along side would be nice.

Hi Ray ...

Thanks for the listen. the volume drop was my forgetfulness to go back and fix it. Not sure which "weird" chord you're referring to. i do use unusual chord progressions at times but I think this one was pretty straight forward.

And many thanks for your well wishes for Di. We both appreciate that very much. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool backtrack Alan. Guitar work was excellent . Well done

Thanks so much, Scott. The guitar work was actually a Real Track - wish it were me! At one time, I was a pretty good player. But the Focal Dystonia is robbing me of my ability to play. Oh well ... I had my 50 years of fun and made a very good living doing it!

Wishing you well ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Another nice tune, Alan...
Pretty good for only 2 hours work...
I had to back & listen a 2nd time to find the drop out they mentioned...
I didn't notice it the 1st time through.

Hi Jim ...

Thank you so much. I appreciate the kindness! As I mentioned in earlier replies, the drop in volume on the guitar track was simply forgetfulness on my part.I posted it before i remembered to go back and fix that. Many thanks for the nice words! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: mkg50
Nice work Alan. This three minutes of sunshine is bound to cheer anyone up. I'm thinking it's just what the doctor ordered.
Cheers to you both,
Mike

G'day Mike!

That is very nice of you to say. I appreciate it so much! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Marty Sorensen
Very enjoyable, despite where you were.

Hi Marty ...

I always enjoy your comments. Thank you for the very nice words. Di was sleeping and i was ragged out, so I fired up the gray ghost and this is what happened. Again, thank you so much. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Alan,

I can assure you: This Sunday Samba is a treat on mondays, too. I said it before: I adore the way you compose and even morr your playing, which is simply outstanding on this one. Brilliant, just brilliant !!!!

All the best to you and Di who has hopefully recovered!

Stefan

Hello My friend!

Well, it's good to know that it works on Mondays, also! It's an equal opportunity song - gives every day a chance!

Unfortunately, that was not on the guitar - it was a Real Track. AT one time, I was pretty good, though! Wishing you and Maha the very best ...

Alan

PS: Di says hello!
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Great work Alan! Very impressive you wrote this in such a short timespan. And simple really is better sometimes, because this certainly hits the spot. Not too over complicated, and really easy on the ears with a nice groove.

Well done - thanks so much for sharing smile

Thank you, Deryk! Sometimes simplicity says so much more than a bunch of conjured input. I appreciate your very nice comments! best to you and the entire PG Music Staff!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I like every arrangement that you put together

obviously a man who knows what he's doing

good one Alan

Kenny

Hi Kenny ...

You are much too kind. I sure do appreciate all that. Hope I continue to make you have that same perception for a long time to come! best to you, my friend ...

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I was expecting Sammy Davis, Jr. to come in with the vocals. Great guitar work. This is a fun, uplifting song.

Hello Ezzy!

Well, I tried, bit Sammy simply refused to rise from the grave. I was so disappointed! I'm delighted you enjoyed it. That was actually a BIAB Real Track on guitar - not me. Up until recently, i was a pretty danged good picker - made a ton of money with those six strings for over 50 years. But I have a disease - Focal Dystonia - that is robbing me of the feeling and dexterity in my fingers.

Wishing you the very best!

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Very nice Alan! That is great music going on there and you did an excellent job with it considering you weren't in your studio environment! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey ...

Yeah, it was quick hit and run but I guess it came out okay. It relieved a little tension. Di had almost died twice in the past several months and I was a bit on edge. Working on this dulled the edge just a bit. Again, many thanks! Wishing you the very best ...

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: furry
GREAT Samba Alan. Not at all cluttered. Love all your work and this one's up there with the best

Hi Graham,

Hope all is well with you. Things are getting a little better over here.

Thank you so much for those wonderful comments. i truly appreciate them - you put a big smile on myb face! For that ... and all else, I thank you very much. Wishing you everything good ...

Alan
Posted By: Phil Leith Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 02:46 PM
Niiice!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 03:01 PM
Sounds good on a Tuesday also...real good!

You really have a great feel for the all RT/RD compositions. I know it takes a lot of thought and regenerations to get it sound as cohesive as this!

Classy and cool....

J&B

PS Best to y'all
Posted By: David Snyder Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/22/19 03:13 PM

Sounds great y'all. Sorry I can't be more loquacious. I am listening to everything but these next six months are mad crazy with my work, so I will just have to listen and say I love it.

Please bear with me during this time.

Great will mean great. I am listening.

smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/24/19 04:40 AM
Alan, you've delivered some great chops there.

Lively, fun, toe-tappin' good.

Great job. High-speed composing too!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Sunday Samba - 01/24/19 10:58 AM
Alan,

I almost missed this one (I thought I was caught up on your posts). Glad I got to hear it.

The electric piano in this is "sonicly amazing" I'm hearing it all around my ears - from the speakers on my desk (no phones).

Nice to hear that guitar soloist used. There is so much of BIAB that we do hear explored here - and you always manage to find new gems...

Excellent mix - as always. Enjoyed.

Best to you and DI

fj
© PG Music Forums