PG Music Home

A couple of days ago Donna posted these lovely lyrics and invited forum users to put some music to them. I know that Josie (Sundance) is also going to have a go so I am looking forward to hearing her version.

Here are the lyrics:

Try not to to move try to stay still
Let her come if she will
Hold out your hand don’t even try
If you would catch a butterfly

Do not chase do not grab
Don’t catch her in a net
The magic of her love
Hasn’t shown itself yet

She’s yours if you win her
Keep the contact strong
Hold you in her beauty
It can never be wrong

Let her come if she will

If you love her set her free
If she’s yours she won’t leave

Let her come if she will

RealTracks:
RealTracks in style: ~~2478:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2916:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryFolk8thsBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2645:Guitar, Resonator, Rhythm Folk8thsRandy Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:Shaker and Congas [Multi]

Comments are always appreciated.
J.
Joanne & BellaDonna,
Very nice collaboration! Great lyrics. Joanne, you did a great job of articulating this without force, it flows very natural. Beautiful, like a butterfly.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Nice wee song, like an educational song for children, it would certainly keep their attention and get the message through while watching the video.

Thanks
Joanne & Donna,

A happy, breezy melody goes that well with the lyrics.
Lovely clear vocals (of course!).
Had me singing along on the last chorus.
That`s quick work on the song & video - amazing what can happen with these collaborations.

Robert
Hi Joanne and BellaDonna,

You had a completely different take on the lyrics than I had in my head, but it was a very pleasant experience to listen to your song. I really liked it!

I wish I could sing so I could show you my imagination of a song to these words. smile

You are stars!
Will
Joanne, How beautiful your singing and lovely melody. The video really shows it off. Thanks for contributing your creativity.
Wow - you definitely did justice to those lyrics smile The tune is very gorgeous, and soothing to listen to. Easy to close yourself and get lost in. Absolutely stunning, both when it comes to your voice and the backing tracks.

Not a thing I'd change on this one - thanks so much for sharing!
Joanne and Donna, what a great collaboration! Joanne, you have a wonderful voice! So strong and articulate, yet delicate where needed! Donna, you've written a great lyric here! The backing and melody are perfect! Great work! Thanks, Torrey
Beautiful
Wonderful collab!! Very nice lyrics and Joanne wrote the perfect melody to match!! The vocals and arrangement are also superb! Wonderful work from both of you!! Take care. Greg
Great collaboration Joanne and Donna...
Nicely done & I really enjoyed the video presentation...
Where did you find the footage?
Nice collaboration,

love the instrument choices, a little James T

lovely melody

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Thanks to all who commented. I thought it turned out beautiful and Joanne is so good at what she does.
beautiful song and beautiful butterflies!!! very well done, love this one!!! Cliff
Misha, beatmaster, Robert, Will, Deryk, Torrey, Telewanger, Greg, Jim, Kenny and Clifton. Thank you all for listening and commenting. Jim the footage was all free from from www.pixabay.com. The lyric video was made with YouTube Movie Maker.

I really spent quite a bit of time on this because I was suddenly seem to have some latency in my recording setup that I never had before... I cant figure why it would appear but suspect that I am using a different driver. So anyway, it was good to get a couple of songs in before FAWM so that I can streamline my recording setup...latency and all smile

Thanks to Donna for these terrific lyrics. She always puts such interesting ideas together.
Beautiful melody, beautiful voice. Both complement Donna's lyrics. Such an enjoyable production.
Beautiful song lyrics and vocal and excellent mix really well done thanks for sharing eric
Oh this is fabulous. I was captivated from the start. Gorgeous melody, beautiful words, and exquisite singing as well
Hi Ladies ...

What a wonderful collab! A sweet and delicate lyric with a a strong vocal that can lilt in the listener's ear. There's nothing not to love here. Simply beautiful in all aspects. A tip of the had! Wishing you both the very best.

Alan
What a pretty song. Just loved the way phrased the lyrics. Very cool.

Reminds me a Joni Mitchell

Really nice job ladies!!

As I am saying to others, sorry I can't be more loquacious. I am listening to everything but these next six months are mad crazy with my work, so I will just have to listen and say I love it.

Please bear with me during this time.

Great will mean great. I am listening. Loved this one.

smile
Sorry for not posting sooner, I'm trying to catch up. Nice job and beautiful video Joanne. It's so cool we had such different takes on it.

BTW, I can't access your blog anymore - sending you a pm with specifics so you can check.
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Jim the footage was all free from from www.pixabay.com. The lyric video was made with YouTube Movie Maker.

Thanks, Joanne, for answering my question & I'm giving your song another listen.
Joanne and Donna,

Nice collaboration!
It is a very cute song.
I felt the calypso's rhythm faintly in this tune.
As lyrics and melodies are simple, it seems to be a song for children, but it also seems to be a heartfelt song for adults.
Video is very beautiful.
Enjoyed my listen an d watch a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Joanne & Donna

A lovely song, beautifully sung and realised. An excellent collaboration.

Peter
I came back for another listen...
Nicely done...
I like it!
Great colab. It reminds me of the old John Denver songs "For Baby" and "Follow Me". sweet and uplifting.

SD
© PG Music Forums