PG Music Home
Posted By: ChicagoBob Stalemate - 02/10/19 11:29 PM
Stalemate

this is the 4th song I have posted recently. Had a lot of work that I never completed and with the cold weather in MN I have been in doors and able to get the songs almost done. Need to mix, finish lyrics and find a singer.

I will edit the post to include the BIAB real tracks. Most of the song was done in BIAB and then dropped into Logic Pro

BOB
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Stalemate - 02/11/19 07:14 AM
Bob,

I'm looking forward to hearing where you take this work. It's very engaging and a delight to listen too.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Re: Stalemate - 02/11/19 08:42 AM
The beginning really draws the listener into the piece & then it builds...
Like Noel I look forward to hearing the finished composition...
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Stalemate - 02/11/19 01:59 PM
Nice work Bob smile It flows really smoothly, and I can already imagine how nice it'll fill out with a singer over top. Some great progressions, and the build is fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Stalemate - 02/11/19 10:59 PM
It is a beautiful piece of music. I personally don't think you need a singer (but I know that most people here will not agree with me). I really like instrumental music and you did well on this track!

Will
Posted By: furry Re: Stalemate - 02/12/19 09:27 AM
Fantastic Bob. Beautifully arranged and played
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Stalemate - 02/12/19 11:42 AM
The song has a light and delicate feel almost like the music is dancing. Beautiful to listen too.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Stalemate - 02/12/19 02:12 PM
Dear Bob,

this fine tune works as an instrumental as well as it would be a great basis for vocals. Love the chord progression in the middle of the song. And the guitar is just in the pocket. Very nice!

Stefan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Stalemate - 02/12/19 11:23 PM
Loved the intro Bob. Very cool tune
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Stalemate - 02/13/19 11:27 PM
This has a nice sound and feel. I can't wait to hear the finished product with the lyrics and singing!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Stalemate - 02/14/19 11:00 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us Bob! Found this very easy to listen to and quite uplifting. My spirits have soared. Nice work!
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: Stalemate - 03/10/19 01:06 PM
Thanks Ezekiiel -- I am getting close to having the vocals done-- the Lyrics are done but had to change singers since the first I hired couldn't keep the correct pitch.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Stalemate - 03/10/19 04:27 PM
The intro to the song is so lovely, it almost feels a bit sad, but the entirety of the song itself seemed more mellow as a whole.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: musician17 Re: Stalemate - 03/10/19 06:05 PM
This really is top-notch. I like to think that I know from the first few bars of a song whether it's likely to hold my attention or not, and this one held my attention completely. It's got a baroque-like quality of calmness about it, I feel ... together with your unique slant on it all. Most importantly, it tells me a story, even though it does not, of course, actually contain any lyrics. Superb, superb job - well done.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Stalemate - 03/10/19 06:31 PM
Bob,

I’m not one for instrumentals, generally speaking, but I liked the sound of this one. You do a great job of building the song up as it progresses. I’d be curious to hear it with whatever lyrics you add, but it does stand on its own as an instrumental. Nice work!

All the best,

Deej
Posted By: PeterF Re: Stalemate - 03/11/19 03:07 AM
Very pretty and makes a nice instrumental.

Peter
Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback this is the vocal version-- needs to be mixed and mastered....

Goin Home

I am creating a new post named Goin' Home for this

© PG Music Forums