PG Music Home
Posted By: Torrey Bliss TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/16/19 09:10 PM
https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/time-for-a-change

About a year ago I put up a song that was a dedication to all the forum members and this one is sort of a continuation of that theme! A lot of us (me) here (certainly not all) are what most folks would say are past our prime LOL....but we still got something to offer! This tune is meant to be an encouragement to all of you to keep sharing your music with the world! Some of you may think your work doesn't have much effect on people but believe it or not it does! Thanks to all of you who have been such an encouragement to me! Lets be bold and keep on rockin'!! Thanks for the listen! Torrey

BIAB
Drums - FolkPop8ths MultiStyle
Bass - 686 PopHalfNotesPush
Guitar - 692 AcRockBright Ev
Guitar - 2933 Fingerpicking SongwriterfolkSlapQuinn
Synth - 2704 CloudRapLowOrgan
Accordian - 1752 Rhythm Pop8ths

Me
Vocals
Lead and Rhythm Guitar
Piano
Synths
Posted By: Jim Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 06:52 AM
A nicely written tune & I can agree with your message...
Good images in the lyrics...
Among them I really like this...
"If I'm gonna make my move I'd better make it now Before the clock catches up with me"
Good song... I enjoyed it!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 10:37 AM
Hi Torrey,

I can certainly relate to the message, I'll be 65 this year. But the truth is I don't miss the days of playing in bars, not much anyway. The thought of heading out to play a gig starting at 9:00 and ending after midnight ... past my bedtime :P

I'm having more fun with music now than I ever did. And this forum is probably about 95% of my audience smile

Love your playing on this, good feel and tone, and vocal sounds great also.

Enjoyed!
Posted By: Scott C Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 12:42 PM
Very cool tune Torrey. Loved the way you mixed this vocal very cool delivery. Guitar sounds great. While music was a big part of my life at an early age I kind of forgot about it after the high school band years. I missed the bar scene and gigging. I feel blessed to be welcomed into the forum and been amazed of the overwhelming support. It has definitely help me stay engaged with my playing.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 12:52 PM
Torrey,
I always enjoy your tunes, even if they are different from my spectrum of musical interest. They are very inspiring.

This is a great tune, everything is in place. Great playing and lyrics!

P.S. One thing, I do not fully agree with..."past our prime" part smile
I find that with age, most people who stick with passion for arts (music in this case) become more open and sincere in their journey and less distracted and pulled by hip trends.

Thank you!

Misha.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 02:13 PM
A very thoughtful song from the heart song. Always love your deep reflections and generosity. Love how the music seems to move the words along, kind of like when you're older and still at it, no horse race but a solid movement ahead. I think from time to time we all look back and wish we could turn back the clock, but really? In my case being totally honest, I would say NO. The only thing better might have been my physical body, but I much prefer where my mind is these days. How much more wisdom I have and maturity. How much more I know myself and the emotional stability is so much better. The growth over the years has been tremendous and I now do what I wanted to do back then but couldn't. I have so much more to say in my songs. Thanks Torrey for reminding us of all that and listening to everyone's songs. You are truly inspirational.
Posted By: guitar1 Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 03:15 PM
Torrey, I think this says what a lot of us feel. We can't ever give up. It is who we are. A lot of thought went into this one. I salute you and all of the others out there, who, at times, feel they are not relevant any longer. HOGWASH! As always, well done Torrey.
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 03:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
This tune is meant to be an encouragement to all of you to keep sharing your music with the world! Some of you may think your work doesn't have much effect on people but believe it or not it does! Thanks to all of you who have been such an encouragement to me! Lets be bold and keep on rockin'!! Thanks for the listen! Torrey

"You talking to me!" (in my best Sly Stallone voice)

I'm old....and, I agree with all other comments.
Thia is a good tune, well recorded, vocals up front and performed relaxed and deliberate.

Your other songs have the same enviable quality and listening appeal.
Well done weed hopper.

Carry on....
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 04:25 PM
With my hearing going and my voice not what it once was, I can dig your message. (Although my wit is as sharp as ever cool) I like the hook: "I think it's time, time, time for a change." Catchy!
Posted By: rsdean Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 07:48 PM
Torrey,

This is AWESOME! My favorite from you. Love the message...

Your vocal is tremendous - production is stellar.

A total killer!

Bob
Posted By: PeterF Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 08:01 PM
Torrey

Excellent song and a thoughtful lyric. Great production, always enjoy your guitar playing an vocals.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Peter
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 08:31 PM
This was a really thoughtful post, and definitely encouraging! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 08:36 PM
A David Bowie quote just came across my feed and I thought it was so applicable to the intent of your song he said "Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been". I thought it was so fitting that I had to post.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/17/19 08:46 PM

About a year ago I put up a song that was a dedication to all the forum members and this one is sort of a continuation of that theme! A lot of us (me) here (certainly not all) are what most folks would say are past our prime LOL....but we still got something to offer! This tune is meant to be an encouragement to all of you to keep sharing your music with the world! Some of you may think your work doesn't have much effect on people but believe it or not it does! Thanks to all of you who have been such an encouragement to me! Lets be bold and keep on rockin'!! Thanks for the listen! Torrey

BIAB
Drums - FolkPop8ths MultiStyle
Bass - 686 PopHalfNotesPush
Guitar - 692 AcRockBright Ev
Guitar - 2933 Fingerpicking SongwriterfolkSlapQuinn
Synth - 2704 CloudRapLowOrgan
Accordian - 1752 Rhythm Pop8ths

Me
Vocals
Lead and Rhythm Guitar
Piano
Synths
Great song Torrey. And what a sound and arrangement.
Nice sentiments in your post above.
Cheers, Mike
Posted By: rayc Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/18/19 03:27 AM
Torrey,
another ace collab between you & the box.
Excellent sentiment and a cool melody too.
Your additions, (instruments), really bring your songs alive and add another dimension thast make the sound your own.
Might need to tame the crash in a couple of places though.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/18/19 05:37 PM
hi torrey very engaging well done all of it thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/19/19 12:11 PM
"But I've reached the age where life stops giving things
and starts to take away"

Too true....

Dave said "But the truth is I don't miss the days of playing in bars, not much anyway. The thought of heading out to play a gig starting at 9:00 and ending after midnight ... past my bedtime"

True...

I'll take the "wisdom" (I use that word cautiously smile ) that comes with older age but for biking and hiking folks like us...OUCH!

Everything is ear candy...the vocal and instrumental performances, the write, the BiaB tracks and the mix.

And ultimately, that lyric, is so thought provoking. You and Janice have a remarkable and obviously genuine ability to seek out and relish the positive. Bud is a work in progress!

Thanks for sharing....

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/20/19 09:34 AM
Torrey, the theme here is right on point for most of us aging musicians. I feel that most of us who have spent most of our life playing haven’t lost a step and like yourself may be at the top of our game. You certainly have proved that here. Great vocals and playing backed up with a fine mix. I loved everything about it! Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/20/19 02:48 PM
Torrey,

There is SO much to like here!

Excellent write. A thoughtful lyric with a very interesting melody and cadence.
The repeated words - nice. Good vocals - loved the echoes.

Your guitar is sweet! Love the tone, nicely played. Tasty.
Cool percussion.
Good mix.

I did not care for the crash cymbal - a bit too loud (I thought) - and I have a general preference for a more "spishy" crash than a "crashy" crash - but that is just a preference...

This is excellent. Really enjoyed the listen - and I still hear it running through my head well after it is finished...

fj
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/20/19 09:15 PM
Thanks Jim for the listen! I debated for a while about the line you mentioned almost taking it out for another. T
Posted By: David Snyder Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/21/19 03:35 PM

Another great one Torrey!

I loved your vocals on this.

Super lyrics.
Posted By: jannesan Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/21/19 03:50 PM
Thanks Torrey for your encouraging song, really makes me re-think during the times when considering putting music aside for a while, "If you're giving up you're just growing old", thanks for this reminder smile The message is so strong I almost forgot to listen to the production itself - but it's superb as always, catchy melody, nice rhythmical elements that are very powerful especially in the intro and outro, excellent vocals, great soloing. The accordion is nice addition.

Janne
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/22/19 09:58 AM
Dave I really appreciate that! Your playing is an inspiration to me and I feel your are one of the best players around! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/22/19 10:00 AM
Thanks Scott! Your positivity is always a boost to me and I always enjoy your guitar playing! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/22/19 11:11 AM
For a second.... or two.... I thought it was Do it Again by Steely Dan fixing to start up.

Nice little things in there... liked that echo on the vox perfectly placed.... Time....Time.... Know... Know....

Good tone on the guitar.

Totally enjoyable
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/23/19 08:57 AM
No Misha, we are only past our prime if we think it in our mind's! Thanks for the listen and comment! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/23/19 08:58 AM
Thanks Donna for the nice comments and your thoughts! It means a lot to me! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/23/19 09:00 AM
Amen Gary on those insightful words "Hodwash" indeed! I appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: 44kfl Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/23/19 11:49 PM
Great one!

You have so much to offer here

super composition, awesome vocals

catchy as all get out

and that guitar playing!

love the fade

Kenny
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/24/19 12:40 AM
chulaivet1966, thanks so much for the positive remarks and taking time to check out the track! I really appreciate it! T
Posted By: Al-David Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/24/19 04:30 AM
Torrey ...

I'm kinda lost for words to tell you how good I think this is. You are not just a vocalist, musician and composer. You are a creator of wonderful audio images that drop a little sunshine onto even the darkest days. I guess the best compliment I know to give you is to say you are an entertainer extraordinaire.

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/25/19 06:53 AM
Ezekiel's Storm, thanks for the listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/25/19 06:54 AM
Thanks Bob! That means a lot to me! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/25/19 06:54 AM
Thanks Peter for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/26/19 07:15 AM
Thanks Ember! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/26/19 07:16 AM
Thanks Mike for taking the time to listen and comment! It means a lot to me! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/26/19 07:20 AM
Thanks Ray for the listen and comment! I agree about the loud crash cymbals. I already had that on my list of things to correct and have since uploaded a more easy on the ears mix! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/27/19 05:57 AM
Thanks Eric! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/27/19 05:58 AM
Thanks J&B for thoughtful words! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/27/19 05:59 AM
Thanks Tom! That means a lot to me! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/27/19 06:00 AM
Thanks Floyd for all of that! I have since softened up those cymbals! T
Posted By: Jim Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/27/19 07:26 AM
Thanks Jim for the listen! I debated for a while about the line you mentioned almost taking it out for another. T

What line were you thinking about using?
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/28/19 07:02 AM
Thanks David!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/28/19 07:04 AM
Thanks Janne! It's great that a line from this one spoke to You! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/28/19 07:05 AM
Thanks Herb! I appreciate that! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/28/19 07:05 AM
Thanks Kenny! I always appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/28/19 07:06 AM
Thanks Alan for your nice comments! I always appreciate them! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 02/28/19 07:08 AM
Jim, I wasn't sure yet. Was just concerned that the line about the clock catching up with me was a bit cliche! T
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/01/19 05:43 PM
Thanks for the message and the song Torrey!! If you're past your prime, I can't imagine how good you must have been before! I am very thankful for BIAB and this forum for keeping some great music going. Great tune!! THanks for the inspiration! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Planobilly Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/01/19 10:54 PM
Well...I been feeling a bit old lately. This was a good wake up call. Songs affect people in ways that the artist may never imagine.

Keep up the good work and understand songs like this are more important than you may ever know.

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/02/19 09:18 PM
Thanks Greg! That means a lot to me! T
Posted By: animarorecords Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/03/19 03:13 AM
Torrey,

Really nice vocals and guitars!
You are constantly delivering smash hits to us here.
I agree with Alan.
You are not just a vocalist, musician and composer.
You are an entertainer extraordinaire.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/03/19 08:45 PM
Thanks Billy! I really appreciate that! T
Posted By: Birchwood Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/04/19 10:16 AM
laugh I like this song, Torrey.
At first I thought those drums to be too loud, but than I felt they fit.
I was expecting some expressive end, but you just fade away (for a change)
I 'liked' it on your Soundcloud.

Hans
Posted By: cubanpete Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/04/19 11:02 PM
What a production Torrey! I sure dig your sentiment. Just turned 72 last month and although not much of a bar player, I sure miss my playing days at dance parties and whatnot. Now I just jam along my grandson who's proving to be a good musician although still have a way to go, he's only eleven years old. Presently I'm having the heck of a time playing with BB.

Mike B.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/06/19 05:56 AM
Thanks Shigeki for the positive feedback! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/06/19 05:57 AM
Thanks Hans for taking the time to listen and comment! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 03/06/19 05:58 AM
Thanks Mike for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Jim Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 04/06/19 04:03 PM
I had to back for another listen...
Great job on this one!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 04/07/19 01:53 AM
I read those lyrics and thought it was going to be hard to sing, but no, it was real smooth. Message hits home, I'm 65, retired, and getting some of my tunes out now while I still know how.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 04/07/19 08:17 PM
Torrey,

I’m late finding this one, but glad I did. Really like the sound of this one—for me, kinda 80s (for me, oddly enough, reminiscent of Joe Jackson and General Public), but the lyrics and their message resonate equally. Catchy chorus with the repetition of “time” and “know”. Good stuff . . . enjoyed my listen.

Kind regards,

Deej
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 04/08/19 09:43 AM
Thanks Jim for the support! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 04/08/19 09:45 AM
Thanks so much BeelzeBob! I'm glad the message made a connection with you! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE - 04/08/19 09:46 AM
Thanks Deej56! I appreciate the listen and comment! T
© PG Music Forums