PG Music Home
If you don't like Funk music, please skip this post. smile

I love that the management of this fine company got artists like Mark Lettieri, Sput Searight, Keita Ogawa and many others included in the 2019 version of BiaB. I really like some of the new funky styles. This is a tribute to those styles (especially the percussion):

February Moon

Will
Hi Will,

I'm a fan of funk music, and you did a nice job of putting this together. Mix sounds good too.

Love the drums and bass, which style/realtracks did you use?
Great composition...
All the parts fit so well...
Really good job!
Hey there Will, Daaang this is funky! fantastic choice of instrumentation and I really dug the percussion. Well done!
I like funk, this is a great example with great groove, you have selected excellent band smile

Janne
Will,

Another interesting, enjoyable piece.

Nicely put together. Well mixed - everything is at a good level. The drums and bass both "pop". The guitar parts are dropped in nicely.

Enjoyed.

fj
Hi Will,

Super cool!

We don't hear enough of the excellent funk RTs getting used, so many thanks for that.

Very polished arrangement and mix. Nicely done.

ROG.
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Will,

I'm a fan of funk music, and you did a nice job of putting this together. Mix sounds good too.

Love the drums and bass, which style/realtracks did you use?

Thank you!
Oh, that is embarrassing... I don't know why I forgot to write the RT's I am using. Here they are (remember this is very minimal funk):

Bass: RT3111
Drums: ModernFunk16thsSput (in different versions)
Guitar: RT3250

Will
Originally Posted By: jannesan
I like funk, this is a great example with great groove, you have selected excellent band smile

Janne

Thank you Janne! Your kind comment is very much appreciated!

Will
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Will,

Another interesting, enjoyable piece.

Nicely put together. Well mixed - everything is at a good level. The drums and bass both "pop". The guitar parts are dropped in nicely.

Enjoyed.

fj

Thank you very much for listening! If you read this... do you mind explaining to me what "pop" means in this context? I honestly don't know... Please remember I am a stupid European... smile

I always appreciate your comments, so thank you!
Will
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Will,

Super cool!

We don't hear enough of the excellent funk RTs getting used, so many thanks for that.

Very polished arrangement and mix. Nicely done.

ROG.

Thanks for your kind comments, ROG. Yes, I hope other people will compose more songs using the funky styles... would be great!

Will
Hi Will,

how come I'm not surprised you're coming up with a funk number for a change....? smile

This one is soooo cool. Everything's in the pocket - great rhythm track, great choice of guitar licks - outstanding on all levels!!!

Take care,

Stefan
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Will,

how come I'm not surprised you're coming up with a funk number for a change....? smile

This one is soooo cool. Everything's in the pocket - great rhythm track, great choice of guitar licks - outstanding on all levels!!!

Take care,

Stefan

Thank you, Stefan!
Will
This definitely has a great funk to it! grin Haha, couldn't help myself. Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.
Very cool backtrack Will. Loved the guitar. Bass runs were pretty neat as well
I'll never turn down a good funk tune! Love the groove, and love the progressions too. That bassline is infectious as well. I can't help but imagine how good this would sound in a live setting. It'd definitely do well with a dancefloor.

Really well done - thanks for sharing smile
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
(In Reply to floyd)
Thank you very much for listening! If you read this... do you mind explaining to me what "pop" means in this context? I honestly don't know... Please remember I am a stupid European... smile
Will

"Pop" refers to clarity and presence. In your song the bass and the drums sit very well in the mix and make their presence known. But not too much. Pop is that "right" spot and you hit.

And for us you hit ALL the right spots.

This is a well done and fun production and we enjoyed it!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This definitely has a great funk to it! grin Haha, couldn't help myself. Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind comments, Ember!

Will
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool backtrack Will. Loved the guitar. Bass runs were pretty neat as well

Thank you very much, Scott! I'm glad that you like it.

Will
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
I'll never turn down a good funk tune! Love the groove, and love the progressions too. That bassline is infectious as well. I can't help but imagine how good this would sound in a live setting. It'd definitely do well with a dancefloor.

Really well done - thanks for sharing smile

Hi Deryk,

Your kind comments are very much appreciated! Thanks!

Will
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
(In Reply to floyd)
Will

"Pop" refers to clarity and presence. In your song the bass and the drums sit very well in the mix and make their presence known. But not too much. Pop is that "right" spot and you hit.

And for us you hit ALL the right spots.

This is a well done and fun production and we enjoyed it!

J&B

Hi J&B,

Thanks a lot for listening and for your kind comments!

Also thank you for explaining what "pop" refers to in this context. I learn something new every day. smile

Have a nice weekend!
Will
© PG Music Forums