PG Music Home
Posted By: camog New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/04/19 01:15 PM
Hi on the forum, I've been extremely busy for the past year or more completing 12 instrumental tracks (11 featuring BB) - I have just finished setting things up on CDBaby.com and am now waiting for their approval/acceptance of all my entries. If/when that approval comes through (I understand it may take 2-3 weeks?), am I allowed a little 'plug' here???
Would be great to have all your comments on how BB helped me to complete this project?
All original tunes multi-tracked in Logic Pro X with me on piano, mandolin, accordion, ac & el guitars, charango/ronroco, hammond organ, synth pads etc - mixture of: folk, country, western swing, Americana, blues, ballad!
Eagerly awaiting BB 2019 for Mac!!! Best regards to all, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/04/19 02:52 PM
I meant - BB users please check out the 30 sec audio previews when they appear, they should give you a good idea of the BB styles I used? Carl
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/05/19 06:30 AM
Just went 'live' on store.cdbaby.com - anyone interested in a quick listen, go here:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/carlmogensen

Basic BB backing on every track except track 10!! Carl
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/07/19 03:42 PM
Better audio previews now available on Amazon, and shortly also on Google, Spotify, iTunes and about 10 others! Album called "By The Way" under my name Carl Mogensen
Posted By: Will Josef Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/07/19 04:20 PM
Those previews are very short, so it is hard to get a real feel for the music. I would like to listen to the full length songs when they are available on Spotify.

Will
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/07/19 04:41 PM
May be a few days Will before they're on Spotify - initial distribution via cdbaby can take a while to complete, thanks for your interest!! CM
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/08/19 02:54 AM
Sorry, here's the link to the Amazon audio previews:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PDSRZGL/ref=sr_1_32?keywords=carl+mogensen&qid=1552024233&s=gateway&sr=8-32

CM
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/08/19 09:24 AM
Longer audio previews here on Google:

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Carl_Mogensen_By_the_Way?id=Bxm2azdtflhyi5yzowm6giu6yx4&tid=song-Tm5jsspabi5tku4uw37fp6egyla

CM
Posted By: Phil Leith Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/08/19 12:36 PM
Sounds great! I did a single through CDBaby last year, and now I'm working on a full-length album I'll hopefully have out by summer.

It's a lot of fun!
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/08/19 12:57 PM
Hi Phil, thanks very much for your feedback - yes it's a lot of fun, but it damn nearly killed me! Looking forward to hearing your new album when ready, you going with CDBaby on this one again?? CM
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/09/19 05:46 AM
Didn't "nearly kill me" literally of course, it was a big thrill to get the first one done - but the learning process during all of 2018 was very intense, always more to learn! Next project will be very different!

Is it end of April 'BB 2019 for Mac' comes out - anyone know?? CM
Nice work on this collection camog! This is wonderful and rhythms are easy to follow. Great tone with the piano too. Well done!
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/10/19 08:33 AM
Thanks a lot Joe for the feedback, glad you found my first effort ok - for any interested piano players I used Pianoteq (Bluthner mostly)! Keep up the great BB work, looking forward to BB 2019 Mac!! Best regards, Carl
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/10/19 01:01 PM
Really well done. How long did it get you to get your Copyright? Did you protect each song individually with the US Copyright office?
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/10/19 01:41 PM
Hi Bob P, very many thanks for your comment - I've just gone with everything offered by CDBaby.com, I'm a newbie at 70 with only a musician's brain! Fingers crossed all will be ok despite not having a solicitor's brain - very glad you thought my first project was ok!! Cheers Bob, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 03/16/19 03:55 AM
Links on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOdtmwRkndE8tdPnvSa1DyA/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

CM
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/03/19 05:31 AM
Joe Robinson RealTracks please in BB2020 - blues, folk, country, Americana, singer/songwriter, jazz, pop and ballad styles would be great!! Nobody else has that special magic, thank you Joe for the RealTracks & styles I used on my first CD - more would be great for the 2nd one!! CM
Posted By: rayc Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/03/19 07:21 AM
Fly byes - nah, sorry.
Posted By: edshaw Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/03/19 10:46 AM
Quite an adventurous and innovative approach, CM. Good luck with it. Maybe you'll wind up having created a CD Baby genre, a little like karaoke. Recorded accompaniment tracks seem to be everywhere, today.
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/04/19 04:27 AM
Hi Ed, thanks a lot for your kind comment - takes a good while to complete the CDBaby setup, you end up having to join various other setups (ASCAP/BMI in the US and a Performing Rights Society in your own country) in order to complete the CDBaby registration! My final 'Registration Complete' came through only yesterday!
It would be great if my CD has prompted other BB users to have a go - BB can provide that initial platform which you can then put your own stamp on! Will look for your music Ed!! Best regards, Carl
Hi Carl,
I had a listen to your songs over on youtube, very nice, I especially liked "Blue Heart".

A few of us have done CD's via CDBaby. The basic setup is actually quite fast, including sending out to all the digital distribution places, unless you choose the Pro Publishing package which also includes the ASCAP/BMI/performing rights society registration.

Anyway it is a fun thing to do, and doesn't cost that much money in the grand scheme of things.

Best of luck with it!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/04/19 09:33 AM
Man, what great songs! And what a true multi-instrumentalist. You really did a great job on this.

I think each is great in it's own way. I really love the sound and feel of Doubt. And By the Way reminds me of a less busy version of Bruce Hornsby.

All the way around solid songs, played and produced well. You should be proud!
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/04/19 10:44 AM
Hi Dave (BlueAttitude) and HearToLearn - thanks so much both of you for listening, and for your very kind comments. Haven't had a great deal of feedback so far, so I'm grateful for your positive words!!! Wishing you success and the very best of luck with your own music - cheers from the UK!! Carl
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/04/19 10:50 AM
Carl, I wouldn't take the lack of comments personally. The forum has been much more quiet than usual. It happens. Give it time. I was surprised at how few comments various posts were getting; then realized it's "just one of those times" that happens every so often.

Again, really liked the song! smile
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/04/19 11:07 AM
You're a gentleman HearToLearn, will be patient - thank you!!! Carl
Posted By: olemon Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/07/19 09:41 AM
Congrats! The songs all sound great. I really liked the groove and production of 'Let's Walk Along.'
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/07/19 11:25 AM
GREAT - thanks a lot Olemon for your nice comment, glad you like the CD!! Will take a listen to your songs this evening! All the best, Carl
Posted By: Al-David Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/07/19 02:16 PM
Hi Carl ...

Listened to all the samples and I think you did a very nice job. All were well-performed, mixed and mastered. I liked the relative simplicity of the arrangements - and that's not easy to do and still get a full, rich sound, which you did.

I particularly enjoyed "Let's Walk Along" and "Doubt". They were all very good, but those two stood out for me.

Nicely done ... I enjoyed them, Good luck!!!

Alan
Posted By: Jim Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/07/19 02:38 PM
Impressive set of instrumentals...
The ones I like the most in were "Dance with Me", "Let's Walk Along", & "Blue Heart"...
I hope you CD sells well!
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/08/19 03:53 AM
Hi Alan & Jim - really pleased with your great comments, made my day!! Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment - best regards to you both! Cheers from the UK, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 04/09/19 01:44 PM
For anyone interested in a quick listen, this might be an easier link for some:

carlmogensen.hearnow.com

Thanks again to all who did listen and for all comments!! CM
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 06/06/19 11:35 AM
After several very nice comments from forum members, I wonder whether there is anyone on the forum who would comment on their experience with CDBaby - my CD 'By The Way' featuring BB backing went online via CDBaby on the 3rd March 2019, so far my account with them indicates not a single sale/download?? I wasn't expecting miracles or vast amounts of money coming my way - but 'not a single download' in 3 months doesn't sound right to me, considering the size of the Internet?
Any feedback much appreciated! CM
Posted By: TRYUK Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 09/19/19 06:01 AM
Have you looked at DistroKid, for £20 it puts your music on all the big sites and a lot I have never heard of. You also get 100% of the sales price.

Tim
Originally Posted By: camog
After several very nice comments from forum members, I wonder whether there is anyone on the forum who would comment on their experience with CDBaby - my CD 'By The Way' featuring BB backing went online via CDBaby on the 3rd March 2019, so far my account with them indicates not a single sale/download?? I wasn't expecting miracles or vast amounts of money coming my way - but 'not a single download' in 3 months doesn't sound right to me, considering the size of the Internet?
Any feedback much appreciated! CM

There are a lot of songs out there with literally 0 streams on Spotify, never mind download or CD sales. Because it's a lot easier for people to distribute music than ever before, there's so much music out there for people to listen to. Without a lot of promotion or already having a fan base, you might struggle to get people to listen no matter how good your music is.

I know that my listening habits have usually been similar to the average person and I usually stick to the same artists unless I hear something I like on the radio or TV.

I'm certainly not the best person to give advice on the best route forward as I haven't got the experience. But that might explain why you haven't had any sales.
Checked out some of the fragments. Production sounds great!! Who mixed/mastered this for you? Take care, and good luck! Greg
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 09/27/19 11:13 AM
Hi Tim, Richard and Greg - thanks all very much for your recent comments and advice, very sorry I've had rather a lot going on lately and missed your posts!
Never heard of DistroKid, thanks Tim I'll check that out!!
Richard - yes I know only too well how much music there is out there and how many musicians are trying hard to get a bit of success. The instrumental tunes on my first CD (CDBaby Amazon & GooglePlay download) aren't to everyone's taste - I'm just now making a start on CD 2 with BB2019 Ultra+ Mac, hoping to do better and complete it during the winter months?
Greg - thanks a lot for having a listen and for your comments, all original tunes recorded mixed & mastered by yours truly in Logic Pro X on MacBook Pro i7 - I have no experience or particular knowledge or skills in audio engineering, I do everything by feel and by ear!
Cheers all, Carl
Posted By: JimmyJones Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 10/05/19 03:59 PM
Sounds good. Nice smooth ride.
Posted By: camog Re: New B.i.a.b. CD coming out on CDBaby - 10/06/19 03:23 AM
Thanks very much for your comment Jimmy - glad you like it. Good luck using BB, cheers! Carl
© PG Music Forums