PG Music Home
Posted By: Hugh2 TEARS .....New Song - 03/06/19 10:24 PM
Hi all,
Here is an instrumental version of a new song called Tears.Havent had the opportunity to put the vocals to it.

12 string acoustic rock picking
Acoustic Pop Liverpool Piano ev 65
Real drums Pop Promise
Real 842 Gritty Pop Electric Guitar
Euro Dance Chorus straight ev120
Realtrack Ah Chorus
Realtrack 1748 synth
and many more

Hope you dont cry too much lol Hugh

https://soundcloud.com/user-219964721/tears-2919-hugh-mcdonagh
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/07/19 11:19 AM
Wow - this is gorgeous! It's very cinematic, and lush for sure - I can imagine it sounding right in place as part of a movie soundtrack. I'm excited to see where it goes once you add vocals.

Great work so far and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Jim Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/07/19 12:36 PM
Interesting sounding background track...
I'll be looking forward to hearing the completed work.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/07/19 12:46 PM
Plus 1 regarding Deryk's comments. It is cinematic and could be anthemic when finished.

Enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: sixchannel Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/07/19 01:37 PM
Goodness me - if you added some Melody and then lightly overdriven guitar Leads, this would sound fantastic.
Ian
Posted By: Will Josef Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/07/19 05:09 PM
Very nice song/track. Really like the synth sounds.

Good job!
Will
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/07/19 05:54 PM
I really enjoyed your use of RealTracks with this song! Great job.
Posted By: Scott C Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/08/19 12:20 PM
Beautiful backtrack. Loved the held chord. Very neat. Gave the song a big feel to it. Well done
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/08/19 02:56 PM
Good going Hugh! The mix is really well done and every element sounds clear. Nice work!
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/08/19 08:54 PM
Hi Guys,
As usual its great to hear your views and kind words.I think its an instrumental more than a backtrack.I like the backing tracks to be able to stand as piece of music in their own right before I put the vocals in .That way I know im pushing both the music and the vocals to the limit.The downside is sometimes the backtrack can then get in the way of the vocal because you are reluctant to drop parts of it.
Just on a few of the comments,The synth (mad synth) is midi produced by a realtrack and then using Arturia I arpeggiated to varying degrees,very fast near the end.I usually start with the intention of making a POP song but somewhere along the line they become cinematic!I love overdriven guitars so I will definitely see can I fit them in!Scott the held chord just keeps it going along at a lovely pace.I really love the "AH" Chorus realtracks I think they just add a lovely human/heavenly touch to a song.I always look forward to putting a vocal in but the vocal is the hardest to get right and it will be a huge challenge to fit a vocal while keeping the other elements on this one I think,
The Lyrics chorus run along this line

Open up the book of Tears,
Read the chapters from within,
All the tears that Ive forgotten
Remember them again

Thanks again H
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/08/19 10:48 PM
Yes, a wonderful musical and sonic combo!! Love the interaction of the parts. I may steal this band and play with it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TEARS .....New Song - 03/17/19 03:43 PM
Hugh, it sounds like you've the start of something really nice going on here! I like the synth work! Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums