PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Piece of cake - 03/27/19 09:49 PM
Hi there! After watching a movie of the Great Gatsby era I thought of making a tune with the sounds of the dance halls back then..
I give you: Piece of cake

Style is _DIXTEDY.STY (Dixieland Teddy Quartet)

RealTracks in song: ~443:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~1615:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~1613:Banjo, Tenor, Rhythm DixielandFastA-B Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~1630:Trumpet, BackgroundSoloist DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~1629:Trumpet, Soloist DixielandFast Sw 165
RealDrums [in Song:Dixieland^3-a:Ride & Cross-stick, b:Ride & Boisterous Backbeat Piece of cake

Enjoy!

Mike B.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 12:10 PM
Hey Cubanpete, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. I found this very easy to listen and I dig the overall timbres. The trumpets are exceptionally fitting for the piece. Well done!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 12:51 PM
You captured the sound very well...

It brings up B&W images of the flappers!

And a nice mix.

We enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 02:16 PM
Nice work on this - you certainly captured the sound well. I liked how you subtly put in the sound effect behind the music. It definitely has a great groove and I can see it getting a crowd moving.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 05:51 PM
Well, I listened to this earlier today and left a comment over on SoundCloud; but it seems I failed to do the same here. Dang ... thjis getting old stuff is a real inconvenience!

The background ambiance really sells this one for me ... put me right there in the dance hall watching the dancers and tapping my feet to the band. You perfectly captured the era. Great arrangement and instrument choices. You know I love this era and genre of music. This song is a perfect example of why that's so. Excellent composition and performance, Mike! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Jim Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 06:15 PM
Very nostalgic...
It could be useful in any movie or documentary set in the 20s or early 30s...
I also like the background sounds you included...
Good job on this one...
Your last one (Lost Memories) reminded me of the late 30s & early 40s...
There was really some good music in those eras...
And you seem to be able to certainly tap into those musical feelings...
Again... Good job!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 06:27 PM
Thank you guys for the listen and nice comments. I know, the getting old stuff is inconvenient and certainly not "a piece of cake", however sometimes we just can say "I don't remember" and get away with stuff:)

Mike B.
Posted By: Catherine Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 06:35 PM
Great share - thanks! All I had to do was close my eyes to imagine I was right in the dance hall myself!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Piece of cake - 03/28/19 09:26 PM
This song for sure gives you a rather light-hearted, upbeat vibe while sounding like it could be in a crowded social gathering (without taking away from the quality of the instruments). Well done, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Piece of cake - 03/29/19 10:10 AM
Very cool song. I did watch the movie and I too had the visuals of the Charlston. Very cool
Posted By: jannesan Re: Piece of cake - 03/29/19 02:59 PM
Very nice tune, great playing, really great mix, authentic Dancehall feel giving strong movie imagery, elegant suits and shoes - for some strange reason I was expecting to see some fighting in the end wink

Janne
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Piece of cake - 04/01/19 02:45 PM
And a TASTY piece of cake at that!! Really nicely put together Mike! Take care. Greg
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Piece of cake - 04/01/19 08:42 PM
Hi guys, thanks for listening. I'm glad you all enjoy it.

Regards

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums