PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 04:30 AM
Eternal Twilight

A steel-string acoustic guitar ballad in a Pop / Smooth Jazz format. I intentionally didn't make the acoustic lead as forward in the mix as might be typical. I wanted it to be more a complement to the backing tracks than present as a front and center spotlight. For this particular song it was my preference for a fairly smooth blend of all the tracks. Hope you enjoy the journey. All constructive suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Alan

File:Eternal Twilight.SGU
Key=Cm , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=3:26

Style is _EMPATHY.STY (Empathy Ac Guitar Smooth Ballad)

RealTracks in style: 2960:Bass, Acoustic, SmoothBalladNeil Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 910:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3198:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist PopBalladBrent Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1596:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 065
Loop in Song: Drums\ShakerEven8ths
RealDrums [in Song:NashBrushBalDbKEv16^2-a: Snare, HiHat , b: QuarterRide, Snare
Posted By: rsdean Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 07:36 AM
Alan,

This is smooth and beautiful... So pro sounding.

This would be right at home on SiriusXM.

Sirius XM Smooth Jazz

Bob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 08:16 AM
That acoustic lead is sitting in the mix right where it needs to be IMHO.

Sounds good to me, Alan, enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 11:48 AM
Really well done Alan - I thought the mix sounded right on the money. It blends well, and really flows beautifully. Nice and relaxing to listen to - almost like campfire guitar tune but kicked up a notch.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 02:24 PM
Nice one, Alan!
Beautiful acoustic "get away" tune. Nothing to say but compliments.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Jim Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 02:42 PM
Very tasteful playing...
Relaxing & soothing...
You always do such pleasing work...
Thanks for sharing your creativity with me.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 03:08 PM
Fantastic arrangement and mix, the bass and the solo guitar really shine and all instruments blend into nice relaxing ambience. The chord progression has nice unexpected turns. The melody sounds beautiful, I wonder how much you had to work on that. I would like to hear a longer section without the melody, perhaps a break with only bass and piano?

Janne
Posted By: musician17 Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 07:39 PM
Oh wow. I am genuinely, genuinely speechless (in the best of ways!) after listening to this. This is professionally done and beautiful - so, so beautiful. No more words - bravo.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 08:20 PM
Love how everything has its place. Lots of mood. Great production. Rob
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 09:41 PM
Hey Alan, this was wonderful! This sounds very full and a solid key signature choice too. That guitar really does shred! The piano really helps piece it all together. Looking forward to hear more!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 10:14 PM
A beautiful tune you have put together here Alan! Your mix sounds very good to me! I really love the vibe in this tune! I applaud your creativity! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/29/19 10:50 PM
Very well composed, arranged and mixed, Alan!

It is a beautiful sounding track and I didn't want it to end... such a pleasure to listen to.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Will
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 09:57 AM
Alan,

This is stunningly good!

A wonderful combination of instruments and a GORGEOUS mix. The strum is nicely crisp, the e piano is a delight, the bass is mellow yet substantial. The acoustic lead is right where it needs to be (what a great RT!).

Everything about this is good. A great listen.

fj
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 11:40 AM
Quite nice like gentle waves caressing you on a beach. Mix is right on the money.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

This is smooth and beautiful... So pro sounding.

This would be right at home on SiriusXM.

Sirius XM Smooth Jazz

Bob

Hi Bob ...

Thank you so much! And if SiriusXM wants to play it ... I'm in! Glad you enjoyed it! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:11 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
That acoustic lead is sitting in the mix right where it needs to be IMHO.

Sounds good to me, Alan, enjoyed the listen!

Hi Dave ...

Thanks so much for the very nice words. I liked the acoustic lead in this one as it is, too. Nice to hear you agree!! Many thanks. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really well done Alan - I thought the mix sounded right on the money. It blends well, and really flows beautifully. Nice and relaxing to listen to - almost like campfire guitar tune but kicked up a notch.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Hi Deryk ...

Loved the campfire guitar analogy - that put a big smile on my face. Thanks for the glowing review! Many thyanks to you and the entire PG Music staff.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Nice one, Alan!
Beautiful acoustic "get away" tune. Nothing to say but compliments.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Hi Misha ...

And nothing but sincere thanks in return. I;m delighted you liked it! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Very tasteful playing...
Relaxing & soothing...
You always do such pleasing work...
Thanks for sharing your creativity with me.

Jim ...

You are very kind with your comments and I appreciate and enjoy them very much. I'm just an old guy who doesn't want to leave his love for creating music behind. Since thanks for everything. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Fantastic arrangement and mix, the bass and the solo guitar really shine and all instruments blend into nice relaxing ambience. The chord progression has nice unexpected turns. The melody sounds beautiful, I wonder how much you had to work on that. I would like to hear a longer section without the melody, perhaps a break with only bass and piano?

Janne

Hi Janne ...

Thank you so much! I;'m glad the song sounds good to you. In all, I worked on this one off and on for three days - probably 10 or 11 hours total from first thought to posting. I like your idea very much regarding a relatively short piano and bass segment. I'll look into that as soon as I get time. Thank you again ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:20 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Oh wow. I am genuinely, genuinely speechless (in the best of ways!) after listening to this. This is professionally done and beautiful - so, so beautiful. No more words - bravo.

Hi James ...

I'm flushing with embarrassment from your comments. it's certainly thrilling and rewarding to know I was able to bring you that appreciation for the song. Thank you in so many ways! Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Love how everything has its place. Lots of mood. Great production. Rob

Hi Rob ...

Always appreciate the very kind reviews you have for my music. Thank you so very much for your comments on this one. I was very happy with the final cut - I'm delighted it struck you similarly. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hey Alan, this was wonderful! This sounds very full and a solid key signature choice too. That guitar really does shred! The piano really helps piece it all together. Looking forward to hear more!

Hi Joe ...

Hope you and everyone at PG Music are doing well. I appreciate those very nice comments. Glad you liked it! Wishing you and the entire staff the very best .

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
A beautiful tune you have put together here Alan! Your mix sounds very good to me! I really love the vibe in this tune! I applaud your creativity! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey ...

You are much too kind. Thank you for the wonderful accolades. I appreciate them with full sincerity. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

PS: I'll be coming by your neck of the woods the middle of next week enroute to some business in Branson. Best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very well composed, arranged and mixed, Alan!

It is a beautiful sounding track and I didn't want it to end... such a pleasure to listen to.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Will

Hi Will ...

Thank you very much. it's always a great compliment when a listener says he/she doesn't want the song to end. I appreciate that very much! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

This is stunningly good!

A wonderful combination of instruments and a GORGEOUS mix. The strum is nicely crisp, the e piano is a delight, the bass is mellow yet substantial. The acoustic lead is right where it needs to be (what a great RT!).

fj

Floyd,

Beyond a very sincere "Thank you", I'm not sure how to reply. I'm delighted it all works for you. Deciding on the exact BG tracks was the hardest decision - except the acoustic lead - I immediately knew I wanted it. Mixing in the acoustic rhythm was the most delicate part of the operation. It always came across as a little too much and or not quite enough. So, I had at a point where it sounded like just a little too much and backed it off slightly and that's where I left it. Also, getting the tone exactly where I wanted it took a little time. I wanted it to very slightly ring but nit sound thin or "tinny". I listened to it with each other instrument separately. When I found the one combo (tone-wise) I liked with the piano, I added in the other tracks and made only very minor adjustments at that point. I thought that was the most important pairing as they would be complimenting each other on the opposites sides of the pan. I wanted a mutually supportive balance there.

Anyway, that was probably more than you wanted - just thought I'd pass on my approach for this one. Hope that made some sense

Thank you so much. Wishing you and yours the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Quite nice like gentle waves caressing you on a beach. Mix is right on the money.

"... gentle waves caressing you on a beach". Now, how much more could I hope for in a comment to my song? Thank you so much for that. I'm very happy this left that aura with you. Thanks for letting me know! Wishing you everything good ...

Alan
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 01:15 PM
Alan, the mix is so good!

I see that it's getting good responses as it should.

this breathes, I love it when you hear(feel) the space between the sounds

as far as constructive suggestions, i think it's there, nothing to add

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/30/19 09:10 PM
Hi Kenny ...

Thank you so much! the seal of approval from you comes with a deep appreciation from me. I'm glad it all works for you. Again, many thanks. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/31/19 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

This is stunningly good!

fj

How could one possible say more...other than we agree!!!

J&B
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Eternal Twilight - 03/31/19 12:04 PM
Hi Alan,
Very peaceful piece extremely well mixed. Thanks to share it. Christian
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/05/19 04:11 AM
One very well put-together mix of a very lovely and relaxing instrumental piece. Just great.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/05/19 05:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Chris37
Hi Alan,
Very peaceful piece extremely well mixed. Thanks to share it. Christian

Thank you, Chris! I appreciate that very much.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/05/19 05:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
One very well put-together mix of a very lovely and relaxing instrumental piece. Just great.

Thank you so much! I'm delighted you enjoyed - thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated. Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/05/19 12:20 PM
Hey Alan. Loved this piece. The acoustic sounds so good in this song. Some lovely tones in the song. The bass sounds so cool playing behind the acoustics. Such a nice song. Well done
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/06/19 10:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Hey Alan. Loved this piece. The acoustic sounds so good in this song. Some lovely tones in the song. The bass sounds so cool playing behind the acoustics. Such a nice song. Well done

Hi Scott ...

Thanks so much! Glad all those sounds fall in place for you. And yes, that acoustic lead is a fabulous RT! Thanks again ... have a great weekend ...

Alan
Posted By: olemon Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/06/19 09:24 PM
Holy smokes! What a track, mix, and master!! Depth and width and that sonic 'something' we're all trying so hard to create.

Award winning for sure.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/07/19 01:38 PM
Originally Posted By: olemon
Holy smokes! What a track, mix, and master!! Depth and width and that sonic 'something' we're all trying so hard to create.

Award winning for sure.

Hi Scott ...

Thank you so much! I sincerely appreciate your very kind comments. I worked on this one a little longer than I do most of them. It was a delicate balance to get the separation I was looking for.

Again, many thanks!

Alan
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/14/19 02:22 AM
Alan,

Really nice guitar instrumental!
I agree with Janne.
Fantastic arrangement and mix, the bass and the solo guitar really shine and all instruments blend into nice relaxing ambience.
The chord progression has nice unexpected turns.
This RealTrack soloist makes me think that it was created just to play this song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Al-David Re: Eternal Twilight - 04/14/19 04:48 AM
A quick group thanks to everyone I've not yet thanked personality. I'll be over Sunday evening to thank everyone individually. I too a sleeping pill about 20 minutes and it's starting to work its magic. Better quit while I a head.

Seriously. you warm comments have made my day. Many, many thanks ....

Alan
© PG Music Forums