PG Music Home
Hi all. I was hesitant to post this as its about watching some one you love die.
All comments welcome. Rob

[Link no longer valid]

I watched you sleep just the other night, saw the pain fade away.
You looked so peaceful in your own special way.

Drift along in wistful sleep, forever and a day.
Protected from those nightmares who can ever say.

Pre Chorus
I'll be waiting here for you, for your return and loving arms that I yearn.

Chorus
I often ask myself, Oh what will be, there's no answer for me to see.
I hope these gray clouds, some day will part I'll keep answer in my heart.

Bridge

Chorus

Now I know you'll rest in peace, from this cruel world.
Still hear you whisper your loving words.

Most of all I have a hope, we'll meet again.
Some meet their loved ones, others meet their friends.

Pre Chorus
I'll be waiting here for you, for your return, and loving arms that I yearn.

Chorus

This country folk ballad includes a trio of bass, piano, and acoustic guitar. The acoustic guitar and piano play nicely with each other, both in a swung 16ths groove. The bass player plays nice runs, helping the song move along. This song is in the key of E major with chord changes every 2-4 beats. There are mostly diatonic chords used, with the addition of a D major on bar 7.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: _ALONE Demo - Alone Country Folk Ballad
File:What Will Be.SGU
Key=E , Tempo 60, Length (m:s)=4:00
4 bar intro, 52 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 56. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _LOWSIDE.STY (Lowside Americana Folk)

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3151:Mandola, Rhythm FolkPop16thsAndy ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3110:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolk16thsHighBrent Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3109:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolk16thsLowBrent Ev16 060
RealTracks in song: 3141:Fiddle, 5-string, Background Folk16thsLongNotesAndy Ev16 060
RealDrums [in style:Folk16thsSlowBrushes^01-a:BRK2, b:BRS

Mixed with Studio One
*******************[size:14pt][/size]
It's a rainy day here in Victoria, and this song definitely suit the mood of the weather here quite nicely. Not intentional at all on your part, but a coincidence.

This was certainly a touching song. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Great job on this Rob! There's a lot of "feeling" here! That pre-chorus is fantastic! Another fabulous vocal performance! Thanks, Torrey
Melancholy to the max...but as always well done with the perfect vocal delivery for the lyric and nice support from the "band."

Very poignant......

J&B
Rob,

A very touching write. Well handled.

You show off a lot of styles that I would not otherwise find. Good BAND.

A heartfelt vocal. Good mix.

Well don.

fj
Wow - you really did an outstanding job with this. Yes, it somber but sometimes those kinds of tunes are necessary. You can really feel the emotion in this, both in your voice and the music itself. It really resonates, and really hits hard.

You should be proud of this one, thanks for sharing with us smile
Hey Rob, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This is beautiful and the vibe is very appealing. The vocals harmonize well with the other instruments. Keep it up!
Good job...
Sometimes writers & artists have to bare their souls to transform their inspiration into art...
You have done well!
Rob,
Interesting song. Well arranged and performed. It is a part of life that is not often touched in modern music. I believe you done a very good job on it.

P.S. Some years ago, I was working on historical photography book on post mortem tradition of Russian Empire and Eastern Europe. The subject of your song talks to me.

Thank you for posting.

Misha.
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
It's a rainy day here in Victoria, and this song definitely suit the mood of the weather here quite nicely. Not intentional at all on your part, but a coincidence.

This was certainly a touching song. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you Ember.
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Great job on this Rob! There's a lot of "feeling" here! That pre-chorus is fantastic! Another fabulous vocal performance! Thanks, Torrey

hHello Torrey. Thank you
Wow, another great voice! Hope this is imaginary and if not, hope all parties found peace.

Bob
Bob, you're a very good song writer and do a lovely job selecting the BIAB arrangements.
Your vocals are spot on for the song but, as usual, I do wish you'd de-ess them.
Beautiful melody with touching lyrics and great vocals. Mix is also very nice, I like especially the mournful bass.

Janne
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Melancholy to the max...but as always well done with the perfect vocal delivery for the lyric and nice support from the "band."

Very poignant......

J&B

Thank you Bud and Janice. Rob
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rob,

A very touching write. Well handled.

You show off a lot of styles that I would not otherwise find. Good BAND.

A heartfelt vocal. Good mix.

Well don.

fj

Thank you for your encouragement Floyd.
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you really did an outstanding job with this. Yes, it somber but sometimes those kinds of tunes are necessary. You can really feel the emotion in this, both in your voice and the music itself. It really resonates, and really hits hard.

You should be proud of this one, thanks for sharing with us smile

Thank you Deryk.
Been there. You sang what most of us at least try to feel. Very, very nice.
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hey Rob, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This is beautiful and the vibe is very appealing. The vocals harmonize well with the other instruments. Keep it up!

Many thanks Joe.
Originally Posted By: Jim
Good job...
Sometimes writers & artists have to bare their souls to transform their inspiration into art...
You have done well!

Hello Jim. Thanks for your comments.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Rob,
Interesting song. Well arranged and performed. It is a part of life that is not often touched in modern music. I believe you done a very good job on it.

P.S. Some years ago, I was working on historical photography book on post mortem tradition of Russian Empire and Eastern Europe. The subject of your song talks to me.

Thank you for posting.

Misha.

Thank you Misha. That's really interesting about your previous job. Rob
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, another great voice! Hope this is imaginary and if not, hope all parties found peace.

Bob

Many thanks Bob..
Bob,

I'm late to this party and I'm really glad that I didn't miss it. This is a terrific listen. You've captured 'poignancy' wonderfully well with these lyrics and melody and their arrangement. Your vocals were very heartfelt and most enjoyable.

All the best,
Noel
Very pretty, very sad, very well delivered! Great vocal as usual! Nicely done Rob! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums