maybe when I get there, there will be someone for me forever
cause... I've been running, most of my life
Never time to settle down, and anyway there was never anyone who
wanted to stay around

https://soundcloud.com/gordon-mccaffrey

https://www.reverbnation.com/riverbearsearching/songs

https://drooble.com/gordon.mccaffrey

https://www.numberonemusic.com/riverbear
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/16/19 05:01 PM
Riverbear,
Great first post! Good choice of real tracks. Very nice guitar playing. Smooth vocals!

Thank you for posting.

Misha.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/16/19 05:20 PM
Martins are good.

Taylors are good.

And your playing is good!

Enjoyed the production...might want to bump the vocals up a bit but perhaps that's my old ears smile

Welcome aboard! You will find a fun community here and lot's of good music.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Welcome to the forums! A really solid first post as well - really liked the groove, and your vocals fit perfectly with everything. It has a really modern feel to it. I can imagine hearing it on an indie rock station.

Looking forward to hearing more from you - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/16/19 08:38 PM
Riverbear, great first post! Nice sound with your guitars (can't go wrong with Taylor's & Martin's) Good job on the vocals also! Welcome aboard!!! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/16/19 11:47 PM
Wow! I have no words.... I thank you all so much! I was having serious doubt about my abilities today. I humbly thank you.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/16/19 11:55 PM
Welcome! You will find that this is a very friendly family here. We're sure glad to have you with us.

The guitars sound really sweet. Like Torrey said, you can't go wrong with Martins or Taylors. I like the reverb & slap on the vocals. Normally I don't prefer as much reverb on lead vox, but this really works for me. I agree, the lead vox could come up just a bit, though.

Really nice first submission! Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you.

Steve
Posted By: Tangmo Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 12:17 AM
Nice sounds. Loved the minor key slow and somewhat jammy feel. I didn't catch all the lyric, but words and music fit well together in both "mood" and rhythm. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 07:09 AM
Hi Riverbar,

Nice song you made.
You have the lyrics as well?
I agree with everyone that this is a friendly community.
I remembered when I entered this community about half a year ago, how how kindly they were. But they also gave me useful information about the song. As I will do to you now. Try a littlebit less reverb on the vocals. And I also follow others saying to bring up the vocals a bit more.

I wait with interest what other songs you'll make
Hans
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 09:59 AM
Thank you all. I included the lyrics, I am so afraid of my voice. I will see what I can do in the future. I appreciate you all.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 10:48 AM

Hey Gordon,

Really nice work. So calming and soothing. Really lovely playing and singing.

Great vocals too.

More please!

smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 05:33 PM
Gordon,

A very pleasant listen. I thought the mix was good. Nice relaxed feel to it.

Welcome to the Showcase!

fj
Welcome to the forum and User Showcase! This was a really awesome first song to post up. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us here on the forum.
Posted By: Jim Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 07:25 PM
Welcome, Gordon...
Good song...
I like the backing tracks & vocals...
I enjoyed listening!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 07:58 PM
For some reason this reminds me of James Taylor. I wonder if your a fan.
Love your guitar work. Nice production. Enjoyed my listen.
Welcome to the forum. Rob
Posted By: Al-David Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/17/19 10:09 PM
Hi Gordon ...

Welcome to the best, most friendly and helpful music-posting site you'll probably ever find on the Internet.

This is terrific first post! Your guitars sound great ... hard to go wrong with a Martin or a Taylor. Your instrument mix and choices was spot on ... I think I would bring the vocal up just a touch. I'm a mediocre singer at best - lead guitarist by trade - but I got over being shy or fearful of my vocals and put them right out there - vocally molesting the airwaves! You'll find the folks here are very supportive and encouraging.

I really enjoyed your song. It's an excellent representation of the power of BIAB. Good show!

Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/18/19 06:43 AM
Hi Gordon,

A really pleasing-on-the-ear listen. It's a great first post. I enjoyed the journey that you took me.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/18/19 02:19 PM
I have been checking you people out. Man, I feel I am in the midst of fantastic musicians and producers here...
Posted By: rsdean Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/18/19 06:02 PM
Riverbear,

You have a great sound here... Good tune and excellent vocals!

Bob
Posted By: olemon Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/19/19 11:08 AM
Great first post! Nice pickin' and singing.

I get a Tom Petty sort of vibe from this production. That's a good thing:)

You're going to love BIAB. Welcome.
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/19/19 02:16 PM
Wow! I thank you all.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/19/19 05:54 PM
Cool song. Sounds like you have a country rock background.

I like this song.

Just some advice..... on the vox... they sound like you can actually sing so drop the reverb levels considerably and turn up the fader to bring that vocal up to the front where it should be. It sounds like you're at the back of the hall and the band is up front. Aside from this really nice.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/19/19 09:16 PM
Awesome first song in the forum! Very well done!

I really like your voice and your vocal performance... good stuff!

Thanks a lot for sharing! I hope you will post more songs!

Will
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/20/19 09:25 AM
Thank you! I'm still working on the not hating my voice thing, even though I've been playing for over 40 years... Ah well...
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/20/19 11:50 AM
Gordon,

I wouldn't apologize for your voice, it is classic and easy to listen to. In fact, I'm hearing nuances of Neil Young and it has certainly served him well.

Your diction is excellent and this old phart could hear and understand every word.

Thanks for sharing and again, welcome to the family. (I welcomed you yesterday on another topic).
Posted By: Belladonna Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/20/19 12:40 PM

Welcome on board. Great community of talented peoples here. Very helpful!! Good first song. Like the smooth, flowing quality, very relaxing. Nothing wrong with your vocals. Your voice is your voice, many times we compare ourselves to our music heros, but all voices are unique. Learn to appreciate your own voice.
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/20/19 06:43 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Scott C Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/21/19 02:40 PM
Loved this song. Well done. Super vocal and the guitars sound great...
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I am brand new here. This is Hidin' - 04/24/19 03:14 PM
I thank you very much!
© PG Music Forums