PG Music Home
Posted By: Hugh2 Happy Easter-Resurrection Week Everybody! - 04/17/19 08:00 PM
Happy Easter all at PG Music here is an Easter Hymn in oldstyle with an Irish feel but only a couple of years old(I put up on soundcloud a few months ago)ENJOY and hope you have good holidays Hugh

https://soundcloud.com/user-219964721/the-book-of-love-hugh-mcdonagh-2017mp3-mp3-a
Happy Easter to you too Hugh! Very charming song. Thanks for sharing! We're eating hot cross buns here
This beautiful. What a lovely vocal. Perfect for this time of the year
Posted By: Jim Re: Happy Easter-Resurrection Week Everybody! - 04/19/19 12:59 PM
Beautiful waltz...
Beautiful lyrics...
Beautiful vocal...
A well done song for the praising of the Lord!
This is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Lovely, lovely song!!! AND, WHO is that singer??? She is absolutely amazing.....stunning voice.....can I have her email?? LOVE THIS!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Happy Easter-Resurrection Week Everybody! - 04/20/19 04:47 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the kind comments and alot of people Christian and Non Christian have said nice things about it to me.Maybe us Irish do have a thing about writing hymn type music,
Greg the song was produced in studio as it was my very first song I wrote and I wanted to test out whether I should keep going at it as it was time consuming and I wanted to know if it was worth continuing or not.Also I was not able to produce a backing track to any level at the time so I had to get it done.
The vocalist is brilliant it has to be said even though I never met her or thanked her personally.Greg I sent you on a PM with all the details I have,
I am still looking for a choir to sing this song even though I wrote in in the First person.I still think a Choir could really do something nice with it.If anyone knows any choir who would sing it please let me know,,,Thanks again Hugh
Hi Hugh,

What a nice song this is. And especially that voice! I wish I had a relative with such a voice. You would love all the songs I make then. It reminded me of Tubular bells, if I'm correct.
The composition of the song is subtle and very nice. Not only for this time of year or Christmas.

Thank you for sharing,
Hans
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Happy Easter-Resurrection Week Everybody! - 04/20/19 05:07 PM
Hi Hans
Thanks and she has a big voice as well ,sounded effortless for her ,we were meant to put some violin or strings to it but I never got around to it ,perhaps it might be nice to look at again,Happy Easter Hugh
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Happy Easter-Resurrection Week Everybody! - 05/11/19 08:39 PM
Hi Hugh,

I missed this one when you first posted it.

It's beautiful. The folk-song quality is haunting... terrific melody and lyrics, excellent arranging and the final mix is really, really well produced. To my ears, the vocals have an ethereal quality and they appeal greatly to my. I could hear every single word.

Wonderful work!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi guys,
Thanks for the kind comments and alot of people Christian and Non Christian have said nice things about it to me.Maybe us Irish do have a thing about writing hymn type music,
Greg the song was produced in studio as it was my very first song I wrote and I wanted to test out whether I should keep going at it as it was time consuming and I wanted to know if it was worth continuing or not.Also I was not able to produce a backing track to any level at the time so I had to get it done.
The vocalist is brilliant it has to be said even though I never met her or thanked her personally.Greg I sent you on a PM with all the details I have,
I am still looking for a choir to sing this song even though I wrote in in the First person.I still think a Choir could really do something nice with it.If anyone knows any choir who would sing it please let me know,,,Thanks again Hugh

You're welcome Hugh! Looking forward to hear more
© PG Music Forums