All color is gone
Played my cards
And that's what you've done
As we know now
This love
This love is long gone

Outro vamp:
Bitten Twice

04/23: Uploaded to soundcloud, here: Bitten twice (sound is better on reverbnation IMHO)

All comments welcome!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 12:04 PM
Dave / Chris,

This is my new favorite from you both... This one has a very cool Heart vibe and feel, but also extremely fresh sounding.

A great smokey vocal by Chris and the guitar tone is stellar. You have never sounded better Dave!

The production is also top notch - this would come through the radio with no problem.

Loved it all!

Bob
Posted By: Skyline Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 12:28 PM
Excellent track Dave/Chris! The lead guitar figure is VERY hooky and the vocal suitably laid back in the mood of the song. Great lead work and tone Dave.

John
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 12:45 PM
Hi BlueAttitude, this is excellent! The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I really dug the chord progression. The piano is a nice touch!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 03:42 PM
Dave/Chris,

A very cool Blues Rock song - of course!

Wonderful smokey vocal. Terrific backing tracks. Those drums sound great. And you (once again) put that bass "right in the pocket!" Excellent mix. Everything right where it needs to be...

Dave - your guitar on this is SO lyrical... the best kind of guitar playing (I think). Awesome.

Another super song from the two of you.

fj
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 07:44 PM
It definitely sounds like you had a lot of fun with this one! Awesome job.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 08:52 PM
Another awesome vocal and lyric from Chris. Your guitar tracks sound awesome as well. Very cool backtrack. Very cool mix. Song had a live feel to it on my monitors. WEll done..
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 09:56 PM
Dave and Chris, I echo Johns sentiments about the lead work and tone....fantastic!! A great "blue" tune that Chris's voice is perfect for! The song just has a vibe that reaches way down in the listeners soul! You both are pro's in my book! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 11:06 PM
Dave & Chris
Very catchy and full of great sounds, yet listens very easy without any residue. Got this special vintage vibe, which takes very special skill and magic to create. Everything from music to production is A+ Title is a killer!
Enjoyed it much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Bitten Twice - 04/22/19 11:47 PM
What is that chord hit about "fight" in the first verse and held? Maybe it's just its place in the progression, but it is ugly pretty. Tangmo likes. This is well put together and the leads and vocals play very well together.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bitten Twice - 04/23/19 12:15 PM
What a tune! You can hear the joy put into this. A really energetic and well textured tune. The guitar tones are stunning and pair with the vocals backing tracks beautifully.

A solid write and really great song all around - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/23/19 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

This is my new favorite from you both... This one has a very cool Heart vibe and feel, but also extremely fresh sounding.

A great smokey vocal by Chris and the guitar tone is stellar. You have never sounded better Dave!

The production is also top notch - this would come through the radio with no problem.

Loved it all!

Bob

Very generous comments, and I'm happy you liked this one!

Thanks, Bob! smile
Posted By: jannesan Re: Bitten Twice - 04/23/19 02:30 PM
Enjoyable vocals and guitar playing, lovely chording. Nice reverb on the drums.

Janne
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Bitten Twice - 04/23/19 10:35 PM
Very nice, Dave and Chris! Great job on the vocals, and I love the guitar work on this. At times, your guitar lead has a little bit of a Phil Keaggy feel to it. Just about as high a compliment there can be for a guitar player, if you are not familiar with Keaggy. Really enjoyed this.

Steve
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/24/19 07:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Skyline
Excellent track Dave/Chris! The lead guitar figure is VERY hooky and the vocal suitably laid back in the mood of the song. Great lead work and tone Dave.

John

Always nice to hear from a fellow guitarist!

Thanks, John smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bitten Twice - 04/24/19 08:22 AM
Dave,

You and Chris have certainly set the bar high on the forum with this one. I'm a huge fan of the AABA format and it suits this presentation so, so well. As floyd has already mentioned, your guitar playing is lyrical, like singing. It's like a duet between you and Chris's sizzling singing.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PRODUCTION!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Bitten Twice - 04/24/19 01:59 PM
Well we listened several times on SC so that we can add it to our favorites playlist smile But we will also listed on RN.

We like floyd's description of "smokey vocal," yeah!

And your guitar is simply sublime.

EVERYTHING including the arrangement, the write, the performances, RT/RD choice and the mix is excellent.

You two definitely have a signature sound...one always immediately knows that it's BlueAttitude BUT your blues rock tent is very big and you incorporate a lot of other genres and subtleties into your productions.

Could go on and on but had rather check out the RN version!

J&B
Posted By: Jim Re: Bitten Twice - 04/24/19 06:09 PM
The vocals & guitar work are very sensual & beautiful while describing the heartache of the lyrics...
You & Chris certainly make a dynamic songwriting & performance combination...
Good job on this one...
I enjoyed listening to it!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/24/19 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi BlueAttitude, this is excellent! The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I really dug the chord progression. The piano is a nice touch!

Thanks, Joe, I appreciate the listen and comments!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bitten Twice - 04/25/19 01:02 AM
Hi!

WOW! This is just so solid and ear-pleasing! Chris is such a great interpreter of lyric and style. And your guitar is out of this world great! As previously mentioned, you two have such an identifiable signature sound.

Kudos on the mix! Again ... WOW! Wishing both of you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/25/19 06:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music

Thanks for stopping by, Ember!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/25/19 06:38 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave/Chris,

A very cool Blues Rock song - of course!

Wonderful smokey vocal. Terrific backing tracks. Those drums sound great. And you (once again) put that bass "right in the pocket!" Excellent mix. Everything right where it needs to be...

Dave - your guitar on this is SO lyrical... the best kind of guitar playing (I think). Awesome.

Another super song from the two of you.

fj

Thanks very much, Floyd!

I spent more time than normal on the drum track, mostly experimenting with swapping in different kick drums and snares, and also experimenting with the mixer, mostly the pan and reverb settings, instead of relying on the presets that come with EZD2. In other words stuff I should have learned ages ago! And then fed that through CLA Drums.

For the bass I used CLA Bass and also the EQ module from Neutron2.

And of course thanks for the comments on the guitar! smile
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Bitten Twice - 04/25/19 06:09 PM
I am on vacation for a couple of weeks and first saw this on Facebook

by Biab, what a great song

excellent mix and vocals

love your guitar work Dave

enjoyed,

Kenny
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/26/19 08:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music

Hi Ember,
At the end of the day it's all about having fun IMHO. Thanks for stopping by!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/26/19 08:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Another awesome vocal and lyric from Chris. Your guitar tracks sound awesome as well. Very cool backtrack. Very cool mix. Song had a live feel to it on my monitors. WEll done..

Thanks for the listen and comments, Scott, happy you liked this one!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bitten Twice - 04/26/19 01:13 PM
I love minor blues and you guys do it SOOOOO WELL!! This is indeed a tasty treat with delicious vocals and guitar work. Love it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/27/19 06:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dave and Chris, I echo Johns sentiments about the lead work and tone....fantastic!! A great "blue" tune that Chris's voice is perfect for! The song just has a vibe that reaches way down in the listeners soul! You both are pro's in my book! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks very much, Torrey!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/27/19 06:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave & Chris
Very catchy and full of great sounds, yet listens very easy without any residue. Got this special vintage vibe, which takes very special skill and magic to create. Everything from music to production is A+ Title is a killer!
Enjoyed it much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

"vintage" comes easy for me 'cause I am also vintage eek

Thanks, Misha!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/27/19 07:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
What is that chord hit about "fight" in the first verse and held? Maybe it's just its place in the progression, but it is ugly pretty. Tangmo likes. This is well put together and the leads and vocals play very well together.

Already sent the chord info via PM, but will include here in case anyone else wants to know.

The chord is a D7#9, and I play it like this:

Description: D7#9
Attached picture d7#9.png
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/28/19 06:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! You can hear the joy put into this. A really energetic and well textured tune. The guitar tones are stunning and pair with the vocals backing tracks beautifully.

A solid write and really great song all around - thanks for sharing smile

Happy you liked this one, thanks Deryk!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Enjoyable vocals and guitar playing, lovely chording. Nice reverb on the drums.

Janne

Thanks for the listen and comments, Janne!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/28/19 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Very nice, Dave and Chris! Great job on the vocals, and I love the guitar work on this. At times, your guitar lead has a little bit of a Phil Keaggy feel to it. Just about as high a compliment there can be for a guitar player, if you are not familiar with Keaggy. Really enjoyed this.

Steve

Thanks very much, Steve, a high compliment indeed!

Great to see you back posting again!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/29/19 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Dave,

You and Chris have certainly set the bar high on the forum with this one. I'm a huge fan of the AABA format and it suits this presentation so, so well. As floyd has already mentioned, your guitar playing is lyrical, like singing. It's like a duet between you and Chris's sizzling singing.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PRODUCTION!

All the best,
Noel

Yes, I use the AABA structure, or variations, quite often in our songs.

Thanks for your very kind comments. Noel, I appreciate it!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/30/19 07:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well we listened several times on SC so that we can add it to our favorites playlist smile But we will also listed on RN.

We like floyd's description of "smokey vocal," yeah!

And your guitar is simply sublime.

EVERYTHING including the arrangement, the write, the performances, RT/RD choice and the mix is excellent.

You two definitely have a signature sound...one always immediately knows that it's BlueAttitude BUT your blues rock tent is very big and you incorporate a lot of other genres and subtleties into your productions.

Could go on and on but had rather check out the RN version!

J&B

Thanks as always guys!

Your comments mean a lot to me, and also Chris, I forward them to her.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 04/30/19 07:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
The vocals & guitar work are very sensual & beautiful while describing the heartache of the lyrics...
You & Chris certainly make a dynamic songwriting & performance combination...
Good job on this one...
I enjoyed listening to it!

Thanks for the listen and comments, Jim!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi!

WOW! This is just so solid and ear-pleasing! Chris is such a great interpreter of lyric and style. And your guitar is out of this world great! As previously mentioned, you two have such an identifiable signature sound.

Kudos on the mix! Again ... WOW! Wishing both of you the very best ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan!

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I am on vacation for a couple of weeks and first saw this on Facebook

by Biab, what a great song

excellent mix and vocals

love your guitar work Dave

enjoyed,

Kenny

I didn't realize there was a BIAB facebook page, very cool, I'm following it now.

Thanks, Kenny!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I love minor blues and you guys do it SOOOOO WELL!! This is indeed a tasty treat with delicious vocals and guitar work. Love it!! Take care. Greg

Happy you liked this one, thanks, Greg!
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Bitten Twice - 05/08/19 09:26 AM
I just caught up with this one tonight. Love it.
Great song and vocals by Chris.
Dave, I would kill to play guitar like that. Great stuff.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: gruverider Re: Bitten Twice - 05/09/19 10:18 PM
I just saw Robin Trower in San Antonio. This song and the guitars and vocals would fit right in on one of his albums! Moody and evocative. The mix is superb! I would like the hear the vocals just a touch higher in the otherwise wonderful mix.

Your guitar playing is so musical! Love it!

And the song could be twice as long and I would cherish every minute of it!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Bitten Twice - 05/10/19 12:00 AM
This was great all around, I especially liked your solo. I felt the vox needed to come up some, but nobody else mentioned it so it must be me. Still enjoyed it as is. Excellent work!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bitten Twice - 05/10/19 12:27 PM
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
I just caught up with this one tonight. Love it.
Great song and vocals by Chris.
Dave, I would kill to play guitar like that. Great stuff.
Cheers,
Mike

Happy you liked this one, thanks Mike! smile

Originally Posted By: gruverider
I just saw Robin Trower in San Antonio. This song and the guitars and vocals would fit right in on one of his albums! Moody and evocative. The mix is superb! I would like the hear the vocals just a touch higher in the otherwise wonderful mix.

Your guitar playing is so musical! Love it!

And the song could be twice as long and I would cherish every minute of it!

Robin Trower!!

Man, I bought his Bridge of Sighs album when it first came out in the early 70's and wore it out. Also got it on CD when CD's first came on the scene. One of my favorite albums of all time!

You might be right about the vocal. I'll get back to it at some point and have another listen, I'm in the middle of a new song at the moment and don't want to be distracted.

Thanks Lawrence, you made my day with your comments smile

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
This was great all around, I especially liked your solo. I felt the vox needed to come up some, but nobody else mentioned it so it must be me. Still enjoyed it as is. Excellent work!

Lawrence also thought the vocal is too low, could be. I'll get back to it at some point, I almost always come back to a mix after a few weeks with fresh ears and hear something I missed the first time.

Thanks for the listen and comments, TuneMonger!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Bitten Twice - 05/10/19 03:43 PM
Exceptional guitar bits between the verses, and of course, the solo. They fit so seamlessly into your song. (I'm sure I've mentioned this before in your songs.) Melody and singing is quite enchanting. Very enjoyable to sit back and listen to.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Bitten Twice - 05/22/19 05:03 AM
Dave/Chris,

Had to go back and comment on this one (heard it in London on my ipad).
Loved it.
Great vocal by Chris and extra tasty guitar parts (loved the riff).

Peter
© PG Music Forums