PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott Brooks Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/23/19 10:12 PM
Here's a project that couldn't have been done without BIAB although you kind of have to listen for it. I started with a MIDI download. I did the project in Logic Pro. I added vocals (my lyrics) and an original electric mandolin solo. But used BIAB for the sax solo, a comping piano, a comping jazz guitar and some important piano held chords during the vocals. Like I said: couldn't have done it w/o BIAB.

https://soundcloud.com/rrtracks/stolen-moments
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/23/19 10:39 PM
Really nice, Scott! I can hear this in a smokey jazz bar in the 50's. Some good music from that era.

Steve
Posted By: Scott C Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/23/19 11:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. Excellent piece of music. Very cool vocals and harmonies. Well done..
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 01:10 AM
This is just great. Tasty instrumentals, and some very cool melody/harmony jazz vocals. I couldn't make out much of the lyric, unfortunately, but still enjoyed the listen very much.
Posted By: rayc Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 08:57 AM
There's a whole pile of Robert Wyatt in the 1st minute.
That make me dig this heaps.
Well done.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 11:02 AM
Well done...nicely textured, cool vocals, solos and the electro mando fits in nicely with the RT's.

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 11:28 AM
Wow - what a tune! I really love the harmonies on this, and they pair perfect with those smoky backing tracks. It has tons of character and flows beautifully. Phenomenal solos as well.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Jim Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 06:38 PM
Nicely done...
After listening to your tune, I found Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments & gave it a listen...
Great stuff...
Good job on this one...
I enjoyed listening to your song!
BTW... You also have a nice looking website.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 08:06 PM
Great job Scott! Really dug the overall sound on this. Looking forward to hear more!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 08:12 PM
Scott, I love the smoke filled lounge feeling you have going on here. I could hear the cocktail glasses clicking together in the background. This is like the Ames Brothers jamming with some of Count Basie's band members.

Great production!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/24/19 08:20 PM
Scott,
this was an excellent listen! Smooth all the way. Very cool vocals! Arrangement and solo parts are top tier.

Thank you for posting!

Misha
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/25/19 08:29 PM
Cool tune. Interesting and slightly haunting feel to the vocals. I picture walking down rain slicked city streets in the evening wearing a fedora.
Posted By: furry Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/25/19 08:58 PM
Hi Scott, excellent all round song. Welcome to the forum
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/25/19 09:20 PM
A very well-rounded song. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/26/19 01:20 AM
Scott,

Pretty sound, impressive harmonies. I’m not a “jazz guy,” but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate what it takes to put something like this together. Everything comes together so well on this one. Excellent piece of music . . . Nice job!

My kind regards,

Deej
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Oliver Nelson's Stolen Moments - 04/26/19 01:03 PM
This is COOOOOOL!!! Not sure I've seen you post before Scott. Love the vibe in this one, and really interesting vocal harmonies. Very well done in every way!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums