PG Music Home
Posted By: Crossroads TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 10:45 AM
Hi everybody,

although I love it so much I haven’t been to the Forum for many weeks now and I am sure I have missed a lot of great songs. But my love Maha has been very ill since January and to be honest she’s even worse now than she was then. So I’m on duty 24/7 (that’s at least what it feels like) and I don’t have the time (and even more the peace) to come here and I’m afraid that this will go for the next weeks, too..

Some of you may remember that Maha does all the sound jobs on my songs and since she’s unable to continue this at the moment there is sort of a mixing bottleneck. And, of course, she can neither act in our videos. I could ask a friend (a former studio owner) to do the sound stuff, but that would take the rest of that little optimism she still has.

So there will be a small waterfall of songs and videos as soon as she’s OK again , but in order to have you remember us for the time being here’s the last project we’ve finished so far (in late 2018 when life was still carefree). Again it’s a very funny thing (at least if you share our and our friends’ sense of humour.. .) and we had an incredible lot of fun working on it.

VIDEO (with lyrics)

AUDIO (with lyrics)

AUDIO (on Soundcloud)

Warning: The intro is looooong, but if you skip it you will never get to know what a dream recorder is and what all men (yes, you, too!) usually dream about in their sleep. And you'll miss Maha's awesome appearamce as a TV host.

The song is a rocking little thing, telling two incredible stories - these are the musical data:

Basic style is _ROAD_OR.STY (Fast Even 8ths Blues w/ Organ ), but I changed quite a lot and actzally kept only bass and organ RTs:

RealDrums in style: BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
(Replaced by own drums using MP Power Drums)

RealTracks in style: ~579:Bass, Electric, Blues Roadhouse Ev 120

RealTracks in style: ~584:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 580:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse
Ev 120
Instead used these guitar tracks: RT 582, RT 1718,RT 1719

RealTracks in style: ~674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
(Special usage of the organ here: re-generated it on an additional track and swapped channels on it)

Maha and I would be happy if you enjoyed the whole thing.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 10:53 AM
What an odd and delightfully intriguing video! Really dug the overall quirkiness of this. Very fun sounding song too, the drums do play nicely with the rest of the instrumentation. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 01:46 PM
First of all, very sorry to hear that Maha is still not feeling good! Hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

On to the video, brilliant! Loved the concept, and the intro and outro is fun.

And also really enjoyed the song and the performance. I’m fan of your guitar playing, nice phrasing, tone, and you never overplay.

Best to you and Maha.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 02:00 PM
cool stuff... that was a lot of work... and well done.
Posted By: Jim Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 02:01 PM
Stefan...
I always look forward to seeing your videos...
Even though I often have to pause or rewind...
to see all the quirky things within the video smile...
I pray Maha recovers quickly so we can all be blessed with more of your creativity!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 06:05 PM
Wow, what a multimedia experience. And a lot of fun. Best to your Maha, hope she can get well and do some more videos.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 10:57 PM
Stefan,
Tell Maha she needs to get better soon! We need you here!
Awesome video. I remember we watched it with my wife and enjoyed it much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/01/19 11:20 PM
Good thoughts for Maha.

This was so much fun. I think my favorite of yours. I had a Laugh Out Loud moment when the first dinosaur appears screen right. Surreal. The lyrical story is very funny too. Band sounds great, and the vocals, harmonies, and leads were right in the pocket. A big time.
Posted By: rayc Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/02/19 07:13 AM
Cool fun and a nice, solid groove.
You're a classic.
Posted By: Al-David Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/02/19 07:56 PM
Hi Stefan ...

I, too, have been absent for most of the past few months for the same reasons as you. I can fully fully empathize with your situation. First, Di and I wish the very best for Maha ... a full recovery, and soon. We will keep her in our prayers. She is so talented and I know, from our personal messages, she is a wonderful lady and wife.

The song and video are terrific!

Ich liebe alles über dieses Projekt ... deine Vorstellung und deine Endübergabe. Einfach fabelhaft!

That was too much fun! You are not only a gifted singer and musician ... you are s a complete and wonderful entertainer. What a great video and song!

Wishing both of you the very best.

Alan - Di, too!

Maha: Wir hoffen, dass Du sich völlig von deine Krankheit bald erholen. Du und Stefan sind gute Freunde zu uns.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/02/19 08:13 PM
Hi Stefan,

I'm so sorry to hear that Maha is still ill and suffering. All my good thoughts go to her - I wish and hope she will be fine again soon!

I liked the video a lot - you really have your own style which is very recognizable and it is always fun to see and hear what your great imaginative mind has created.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/02/19 09:16 PM
I hope Maha feels better soon! Sorry to hear that you guys are having a hard time right now, but thank for your taking the time to share some of your content with us on the forums!
Posted By: Scott C Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/03/19 11:18 AM
Your video was excellent. Very creative. Loved the song. Super vocal. Really moves along. Well done...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/03/19 09:21 PM
Hi Stefan,

This is great! So musicianship on show in every single aspect of this presentation. Loved it.

Very, very enjoyable from start to finish.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 09:51 AM
Stefan,

So sorry to hear about Maha's illness. I hope she recovers soon.

I always enjoy you humor. This was great--the funniest set of lyrics I've heard in a long time. I enjoyed the video too. Hahahahahaaaaa!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 11:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
What an odd and delightfully intriguing video! Really dug the overall quirkiness of this. Very fun sounding song too, the drums do play nicely with the rest of the instrumentation. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Joe - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 11:09 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
First of all, very sorry to hear that Maha is still not feeling good! Hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

On to the video, brilliant! Loved the concept, and the intro and outro is fun.

And also really enjoyed the song and the performance. I’m fan of your guitar playing, nice phrasing, tone, and you never overplay.

Best to you and Maha.

Dear Dave,

thank you so much for your good wishes - I'm sure they will help Maha to recover.

And also thank you very much for your kind words about TELL ME WHY - I really appreciate everything you said a lot.

Hope to be a regular to this forum again soon.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 11:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool stuff... that was a lot of work... and well done.

Thanks, Herb, I really appreciate your kind words. Yes, it was a lot of work, but most of all a lot of fun. And what's an old fart supposed to do instead ...?

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Stefan...
I always look forward to seeing your videos...
Even though I often have to pause or rewind...
to see all the quirky things within the video smile...
I pray Maha recovers quickly so we can all be blessed with more of your creativity!

Dear Jim,

first of all I want to thank you for your good wishes - Maha was very happy to hear about them.

And thanks a lot for your very kind words about my videos - yes, after I designed the general layout of everything I take a lot of extra time to [*****] up things with all thos 'quirky' (I like that word) details, and I am especually glad, when viewers takle the time to discover them.

Once again, thanks a lot, Jim, and all the best to you and yours,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 11:21 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, what a multimedia experience. And a lot of fun. Best to your Maha, hope she can get well and do some more videos.

Hi Tunemonger,

thanks a lot for your positive and kind feedback on TELL ME WHY and even more for your good wishes to Maha.

Best regards,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan,
Tell Maha she needs to get better soon! We need you here!
Awesome video. I remember we watched it with my wife and enjoyed it much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Dear Misha,

thank you for your good wishes - I passed them to Maha and it made her smile.

Oh yes, I remember that you visited my website a couple of months ago - thanks for your kind comment on the video; I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed it.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 01:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Good thoughts for Maha.

This was so much fun. I think my favorite of yours. I had a Laugh Out Loud moment when the first dinosaur appears screen right. Surreal. The lyrical story is very funny too. Band sounds great, and the vocals, harmonies, and leads were right in the pocket. A big time.

Hello Tangmo,

thank you very much for your good thoughts for Maha.

It's so nice to read that you enjoyed TELL ME WHY that much - thanks a lot for your very kind and positive comment on song and video. We got some more funny stuff in store, but the audio tracks have to get WQed and mixed before the roll-out, and that's Maha's part and it will take some more time.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool fun and a nice, solid groove.
You're a classic.

Hi Ray,

I'm always flattered to get a positive review from you, so thanks a lot.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Stefan ...

I, too, have been absent for most of the past few months for the same reasons as you. I can fully fully empathize with your situation. First, Di and I wish the very best for Maha ... a full recovery, and soon. We will keep her in our prayers. She is so talented and I know, from our personal messages, she is a wonderful lady and wife.

The song and video are terrific!

Ich liebe alles über dieses Projekt ... deine Vorstellung und deine Endübergabe. Einfach fabelhaft!

That was too much fun! You are not only a gifted singer and musician ... you are s a complete and wonderful entertainer. What a great video and song!

Wishing both of you the very best.

Alan - Di, too!

Maha: Wir hoffen, dass Du sich völlig von deine Krankheit bald erholen. Du und Stefan sind gute Freunde zu uns.

Dear Alan,

let me, also on Maha's behalg,thank you so much for your heartwarming words. I know that you have gone and are still going through rough times - aging isn't very funny and it continues coming up with things everybody could perfectly do without... But we have to take them as they come, and the only thing we can do is taking good care of our loves.

Your German is still amazing, although I guess you don't have much practice these days. Gross-Umstadt, that you remeber so well, has already had some very nice and sunny spring days, which means that every citizen grabs the chance to have a nice evening eating and drinking on our historic market place.

Out of the blue the winter returtned yesterday and there was even a little snow which is very unusual for this time of the year and after such a friendly period. We're all curious what summer will bring, because the climate even here has become pretty weird: During the last ten years we had eight of the hottest summers of almost a hundred years and they say that even it would rain daily until autumns it would hardly be enough to compensate last year's drought.

But I'm aware that our summers are nothing compared to the heat you have...

Dear Alan, I am always flattered to receive your compliments on my music and videos as I rate your musical abilities so highly. So thank you once again for your very kind comment - I'm glad you enjoyed 'the thing'.

Please give my best regards to Di; Maha aand I hope that she has recovered from her illness and can enjoy her life with her wonderful husband.

All the best to you both,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 01:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Stefan,

I'm so sorry to hear that Maha is still ill and suffering. All my good thoughts go to her - I wish and hope she will be fine again soon!

I liked the video a lot - you really have your own style which is very recognizable and it is always fun to see and hear what your great imaginative mind has created.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will

Deart Will,

I passed your good wishes to Maha and she is really grateful for your friendly words - and so am I, of course.

I'm glad you enjoyed TELL ME WHY and woulld like to thank you for your positive comment on it and 'my stuff' in general. But that is mutual - you know how much I like what you're coming up with again and again.

Take good care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/05/19 01:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I hope Maha feels better soon! Sorry to hear that you guys are having a hard time right now, but thank for your taking the time to share some of your content with us on the forums!

Dear Ember,

I am really grateful for your kind words and good wishes and I hope that I will soon find the time and the peace again to come here regularly.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/06/19 10:34 AM
Stefan,

A clever song! Amazing video. Excellent mix.

Well put together all around. Fun!

Best to you both.

fj
Posted By: 44kfl Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/06/19 11:48 AM
Great rocker!

Maha, hope you feel better soon

enjoyed!

Kenny
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/07/19 04:16 PM
The video is fun, creative, extremely well put together and, well, BRILLIANT.

We will watch again this evening as each time we play a Crossroads video we see something we missed on the previous watch. So many cool things happening. As we've often said it is hard to envision the amount of thought and time that goes into a production like that. Amazing.

And to quote Tangmo, "I had a Laugh Out Loud moment when the first dinosaur appears screen right. Surreal. "

And the song is hilarious and you performances are stellar and the production is in the pocket and all is good!

We wish Maha a speedy recovery and both of you the strength and will to deal with such a difficult time. We deeply admire you both and have some insight into how tough it is.

Take care,

J&B
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/09/19 05:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Your video was excellent. Very creative. Loved the song. Super vocal. Really moves along. Well done...

Thanks a lot for your positive comment, Scott; I'm glad you emjoyed the thing.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/09/19 05:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Stefan,

This is great! So musicianship on show in every single aspect of this presentation. Loved it.

Very, very enjoyable from start to finish.

All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel,

that's a very, very, very nice comment - thanks a lot. I'm really glad you share our sende of humor...

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/09/19 06:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Stefan,

So sorry to hear about Maha's illness. I hope she recovers soon.

I always enjoy you humor. This was great--the funniest set of lyrics I've heard in a long time. I enjoyed the video too. Hahahahahaaaaa!

Dear Scott,

first of all thanks a lot for your good wishes to Maha.

And thank you, too, for your very kind words on TELL ME WHY. I have to admit that I'm pretty proud of what you said about the lyrics. Although I check and doublecheck them under the aspects of lexical and grammatical correctness before I finally record the vocal parts I'm always a bit unsure, if they're really OK...

I'm really glad you enjoyed the whole thing - thanks again.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/09/19 06:12 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan,

A clever song! Amazing video. Excellent mix.

Well put together all around. Fun!

Best to you both.

fj

Hi Floyd,

you know how much I appreciate positive comments from your side (well, I think everybody here does...), so thank you very much for your kind words on TELL M EWHY. Glad you had some fun watching and listening.

I passed your positive remarks on the mix as well as your good wishes to Maha - she was very pleased and says 'Thank you', too.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/09/19 06:14 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great rocker!

Maha, hope you feel better soon

enjoyed!

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

thanks a lot for your kind words and your good wishes.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/09/19 06:24 PM
Stephan, man you always create "killer" stuff and this is no exception! Extremely good work! Can't find a fault in this anywhere! Great vocal phrasing all the way through! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/10/19 09:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The video is fun, creative, extremely well put together and, well, BRILLIANT.

We will watch again this evening as each time we play a Crossroads video we see something we missed on the previous watch. So many cool things happening. As we've often said it is hard to envision the amount of thought and time that goes into a production like that. Amazing.

And to quote Tangmo, "I had a Laugh Out Loud moment when the first dinosaur appears screen right. Surreal. "

And the song is hilarious and you performances are stellar and the production is in the pocket and all is good!

We wish Maha a speedy recovery and both of you the strength and will to deal with such a difficult time. We deeply admire you both and have some insight into how tough it is.

Take care,

J&B

Dear Janice, dear Bud,

you guys sure know how to make my day !!! Thank you so much for your good wishes to Maha (unfortunately things have worsened dramatically since our last contact) and the more then kind words on TELL ME WHY.

I always appreciate your comments most notably, because I know about your great musicianship and your sense of humor that can't be very different from ours.

I'm always very glad to hear that viewers take the time to discover the details, because they're meant to be (what we call) the salt in the soup.

Although it will take some more time until Maha will be 'on duty' again and can do her mix jobs, I can already tell you that some funny stuff is 'in the pipeline'. You may remember the unfinished audio version of "I've Changed For The Better" - the video has become my own favorite so far, and I am sure, you will enjoy it, too, once it's got the optimal audio track.

I hope that you both are in good shape, still going, well: hiking and biking) strong.

Thanks again for everything and all the best to you wonderful guys,

Stefan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/10/19 11:34 AM
Wow - what a quirky tune! Very catchy, and some nice progressions to boot. Definitely made me smile at some points. Really fun to listen to!

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/11/19 10:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Stephan, man you always create "killer" stuff and this is no exception! Extremely good work! Can't find a fault in this anywhere! Great vocal phrasing all the way through! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

I'm always very flattered by your positive comments, and this one is really an extremely nice one. So thank you an awful lot for your most kind words.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/11/19 10:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a quirky tune! Very catchy, and some nice progressions to boot. Definitely made me smile at some points. Really fun to listen to!

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks a lot, Deryk, for taking the time to watch / listen. I'm glad you enjoyed it, so thank you very much for your kind words.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: TELL ME WHY - 05/22/19 07:15 PM
Back for another viewing...too cool. I knew we would see things we missed the first couple of times!

J&B
© PG Music Forums