PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Throwback Thursday - 05/09/19 02:57 PM
Digging back into the archives for this one.

I found myself out in the woods today, in the back of my property. I was cleaning up the shooting lanes in the woods and spraying poison ivy... so I popped in my ear buds and listened to some of my older stuff. This was back quite a while.

The piano is played by Janet W. We worked on a number of instrumentals back in the day. I had just gotten BB and was learning what it could do. I'm throwing in the guitar parts. BB is everything else. I believe the DAW at that time was MC4. And this was recorded on my Dell Laptop.

The song was inspired by a movie soundtrack theme. 100% instrumental

Above The Clouds

I don't recall the instrument tracks.... but if it's not the piano or guitar, it's BB/RB

Enjoy
Posted By: Jim Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/09/19 03:37 PM
Very cool instrumental you & Janet have created...
I enjoyed listening to it.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/09/19 06:36 PM
Wow Herb you did a great job recording the guitar and piano then mixing with the BIAB tracks! Both sound extremely good to me! That piano has an extra special good sound to it! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/09/19 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Very cool instrumental you & Janet have created...
I enjoyed listening to it.

This is a really old song.... Janet hasn't done any music to my knowledge in a long time. Thanks for listening.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/09/19 08:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Wow Herb you did a great job recording the guitar and piano then mixing with the BIAB tracks! Both sound extremely good to me! That piano has an extra special good sound to it! Thanks, Torrey

This was early in my time with BB and music recording with MC4 (Cakewalk) software. Janet had purchased Ivory Piano soft-synth and let me tell you, it was a costly package but yep.... those pianos really sound good.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/09/19 09:13 PM
This was a great instrumental. Really liked the artistic choices you made. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/10/19 10:06 AM
Everything in that works. A good sounding piano.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/10/19 11:24 AM
Really nice work on this smile If flows smooth as butter, and the mix is really concise to me. Definitely sound professional, and the groove is great on it too. How old is this particular tune, just wondering?

At any rate - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Skyline Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/10/19 11:32 AM
I don't know what movie inspired this instrumental but it would be absolutely right behind its own movie, with Harry Dean Stanton's face just contemplatin' things! Great sound choices and lovely production. Thanks for a very pleasurable listen.
cool
John
Posted By: Scott C Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/10/19 08:33 PM
Lovely song. Glad you revisited it and put it up in the forum. What a nice listen.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/11/19 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Skyline
I don't know what movie inspired this instrumental but it would be absolutely right behind its own movie, with Harry Dean Stanton's face just contemplatin' things! Great sound choices and lovely production. Thanks for a very pleasurable listen.
cool
John

Exactly what I was thinking...or maybe Robert Duvall.

This is really a nice piece. Sounds great. The interplay between piano and steel and slide brought up images of a "relationship", maybe a bit troubled, but hanging in there. I like this.
Posted By: rayc Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/11/19 04:19 AM
Smooth as...
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/11/19 10:47 AM
Super!

great mix, love the piano sound

excellent job by you both

very enjoyable listen,

Kenny
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/12/19 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This was a great instrumental. Really liked the artistic choices you made. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks.... Might have to do a few more of the older things from time to time.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/12/19 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Everything in that works. A good sounding piano.

Thanks... that was Ivory Piano softsynth... yep, that's a good sounding piano.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/12/19 07:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nice work on this smile If flows smooth as butter, and the mix is really concise to me. Definitely sound professional, and the groove is great on it too. How old is this particular tune, just wondering?

At any rate - thanks for sharing!

Thanks.... it reaches back to 2009, close to the start of my love affair with BB.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/12/19 07:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Skyline
cool
John

Well, I'll just go ahead and tell you.... Brokeback Mountain. I started to watch it, the soundtrack was really nice..... but.... had to stop watching at a certain point. Not my kind of movie....

Thanks for listening.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/12/19 08:06 PM
Most enjoyable. Love to hear some lyrics put to this.
Very nice. Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/16/19 01:50 PM
Really pretty music Herb!! Your friend plays some lovely piano.....and it is very well recorded! Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/16/19 06:05 PM

Sounds great Herb.

Really nice mix!

Don't get bit in the face by a copperhead.

smile
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/17/19 10:47 AM
Thanks to everyone who listened and commented. I've been busy.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/22/19 06:51 PM
Very cinematic. The piano sounds room filling.

Thanks for digging around in the archive...we enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Throwback Thursday - 05/22/19 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Very cinematic. The piano sounds room filling.

Thanks for digging around in the archive...we enjoyed it!

J&B

That's the piano you get when you're willing to lay down some serious jing for a piano sample
© PG Music Forums