PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Lost in my Thoughts - 05/29/19 08:33 PM
Lost in my Thoughts

I was just experimenting with an orchestra and guitar combo.

BiaB style = Slow, Peaceful 3/4 Orc
Tempo = 45 BPM

Bass - I copied the bass track. One bass track I left as a double bass. The other bass track I transposed up and octave and change the bass to a cellos

The Piano track became a harp track

The guitar became an solid state orchestra track

The strings remained strings

I played the lead violin track via my wind controller.

I copied the lead violin track, lowered it an octave, and change it to a viola track.

All of the above tracks had a Presonus Pro EQ on them.

Lead guitar - my Kramer Nightrider into the Amplifkation Vermilion amp VST. I added the TRS Tape Echo to it.

The master track effects were the Presonus EQ, Presonus compression and the soft tube saturation.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/29/19 09:00 PM
I feel like "Lost in my Thoughts" is a good name for an experiment. Sounds like it was successful. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/29/19 11:33 PM
Very pretty song Mario. Cool palette of sounds and colors. Guitar was very cool.. Well done
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 03:55 AM
Lush and floaty. A very pleasant listen. You did one of my favorite things with midi...and more than once. I think the results work very well.
Posted By: rayc Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 04:59 AM
Nice liquid guitar over the backing.
Some of the stuff on the left is a little too dense for the lines it played rather than the pad/block parts.
I know you've a bass and a cello in there but nothing is holding the track on earth - nothing solid that is.
Doesn't matter: it sounds nice as a SOUNDscape.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 08:01 AM
Pure magic Mario! Maybe its just the mood I'm in this morning but this thing is beautiful! It puts the listener in a surreal contemplative place! I believe this one is my favorite of yours so far! You've painted a lovely work of art with music! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 11:30 AM
Wow - I really liked this one. It is stunning and cinematic, and is just as exciting as it is stripped back. The open space in the tune helps it flow beautifully. It reminds me a little bit of early Tangerine Dream.

Not a thing I'd change on this one. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 11:37 AM
Mario,
Very atmospheric. I like lead guitar on this, blends in super nicely. Overall sounds mighty and wholesome.

Minor critique. I think the strings are a bit loud on it compared to guitar. Guitar has very sweet tone and I feel should not be shy, but be more upfront. I am not a pro guy, just an opinion of listener.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 11:42 AM
Very nice, Mario.

You do "new age" better than anyone...

fj
Posted By: Jim Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 12:44 PM
Very creative work...
I really like the way it flows...
And the shimmering guitar parts.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 08:40 PM
Beautiful track... I love the atmosphere it creates and (sorry Misha)... I think the guitar supplements the strings perfectly as it is. smile

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will
Posted By: dcuny Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/30/19 10:50 PM
Perfect title, well done.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/31/19 03:25 PM
We enjoyed the mood piece and the background info on how it was done.

Us being just a couple of rhythm guitar and bass folks we are amazed at the versatility of your skills.

That experiment yielded a lovely and obviously well performed composition.

LUSH!!!!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 05/31/19 09:34 PM
Ember, Scott C, Tangmo, Torrey, Deryk, Floyd, Jim, Will, David, thanx so much for listening and the comments.

Rayc, Rustyspoon, thanks for those constructive criticisms. I really appreciate them, as that is how I learn. I will be more careful in the future.

J&B, I just an old guitarist trying new things. After many years in wedding bands and playing what they wanted now I am on my own playing what I want, sometimes far out of my comfort zone.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/01/19 08:17 AM
Mario,

This production is so lush and beautiful... We need more of these. smile

Bob
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/01/19 01:25 PM
What a fitting name for this song! Really enjoyed the overall vibe on this. Thanks for sharing Mario!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/01/19 01:46 PM
Lush and beautiful, Mario! This is so easy on the ears. I thoroughly enjoyed my listen. A real treat! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/01/19 03:18 PM
What a beautiful piece of music Mario!!! So warm and meditative. Love the interesting chords....think there are some augmented and diminished? This is truly delightful! Great film score music. LOVE IT!!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: olemon Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/02/19 10:24 AM
More magic from the Midi Master. Beautiful. Top shelf production. Soundtrack-worthy for sure.

And that reverb is so lush and natural, suberb!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/02/19 10:46 AM
Bob, Joe, Alan, Greg, and olemon, thank you so much for the very kind reviews.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/02/19 06:34 PM
Sounded beautifully like Meditation by Massenet at first, then the guitar came in and changed things interestingly. Would have liked the guitar to be louder. Was this a lot of work? Sounds like it.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/04/19 08:15 PM

Very cool Mario!

When I listened to it, I got lost in my thoughts too.

Is that what was supposed to happen?

smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lost in my Thoughts - 06/22/19 06:39 AM
Hi Mario,

I found this calming to sit back and listen to. I love the ambiance that you created.

Another fine cinematic composition.

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums