PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef PM Blues - 05/30/19 08:57 PM
I got pretty exited a few weeks ago when I discovered that Pat Martino is a member of the BiaB-family.

He is a very good guitar player and if you don't know his history then I urge you to read up on it. He had an illness that caused him to forget everything about how to play the guitar, but then he just started to learn it again and later received an award for "best guitar-player". Pretty amazing story!

I wrote a very short piece of music to showcase a little bit of his talent:

PM Blues

Will
Posted By: dcuny Re: PM Blues - 05/30/19 10:40 PM
Cool! For me, it brought to mind an imaginary scene of jazz players at the end of a long gig:

"Keep going with that solo... or that guy's going to request Misty again." laugh
Posted By: rayc Re: PM Blues - 05/31/19 01:27 AM
Almost a Django story.
The backing sounds good but I'm not a fan of jazz guitar so can't offer a positive on that end.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: PM Blues - 05/31/19 04:01 AM
Worked for me. Slow but busy harmonies supporting fast licks.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: PM Blues - 05/31/19 11:16 AM
Nicely done smile Smooth as butter, and some really silky textures on this. Love the way it flows, and the groove is great. Easy to follow and nice and gentle on the ears.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jim Re: PM Blues - 05/31/19 02:59 PM
Nicely done Will...
I enjoyed the listen.
Hopefully Pat is lurking around the forum & will see your dedication to his talents.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: PM Blues - 05/31/19 03:14 PM
Well thought out and produced.

We enjoyed it.

And thanks for the info on the artist...it's google time!

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: PM Blues - 05/31/19 03:30 PM
Will,

A very cool piece. The kind for... closing your eyes, sitting back... and enjoy...

And I enjoyed it.

Nicely mixed.

fj

(thanks for stopping by "Coloring Outside The Lines"... I did not want to bump it again...but wanted you to know I appreciated the listen...)
Posted By: Scott C Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 08:30 AM
Some very cool playing. Nice relaxing piece of music.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 12:19 PM
Thanks for sharing this Will! Very relaxing and soothing. Love the basslines too. Well done!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 03:04 PM
WOW, wish I could play like that (or at all)!! It is inspiring to people who speak with their instruments! Great story too......did not know that history at all. THanks for sharing! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Will Josef Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 07:56 PM
Thanks to all of you for listening and writing such kind comments! I apologize for not answering your posts individual, but I feel this is much more a showcase of the possibilities in Band in a Box and Pat Martinos talent - I just made a basic blues progression and arranged it a bit (which all of you could have done), so I'm happy if you got interested in Pat Martinos story... and I will not comment more in this thread.

Thanks again for listening!
Will
Posted By: rsdean Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 08:51 PM
Will,

This is such a great piece! The playing and mix is outstanding... Love the smokey feel.

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 09:31 PM
Hi Will,

What a sensational piece. I love the the instrumentation you've chose and compiled.... very, very tasteful music. The accompaniment sits perfectly alongside the solo guitar.

I really enjoyed it.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: PM Blues - 06/01/19 10:42 PM
Will,
nice arrangement and mix!
Sounds very fluid.

"He had an illness that caused him to forget everything about how to play the guitar"
Interesting. Go wonder if it is a curse or a blessing?
At the end, seems to have a positive outcome smile

Thank you for sharing!
Misha.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: PM Blues - 06/04/19 08:17 PM

This sounds really cool to me Will.

smile

Well produced!
© PG Music Forums