PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Changes - 05/31/19 12:56 PM
This song came together after I was playing with some harmonics and the track got built around it. I was going to upload it then I thought Robert might be able to convert it to a song with lyrics.

This is the original song:

Changes

This is the band:

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Changes
File:Changes.SGU
Key=E , Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=3:37
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _DOOMED.STY (Doomsday Rock Cello Ballad)

RealTracks in style: ~387:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3267:Cello, Background CelticAirFlowingNatalie Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3299:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrash12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3304:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrash12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: RT644:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrash12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3302:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrashHollow12-key Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:RockThrashHalfTimeEv16^1-a:Snare, Bell Ride , b:Snare, Crash Ride

I used my White Strat and Marshall 1974X
Effects were Friedman BE-OD, JC Rockett Archer and Lenny and some delay..

This song became the Atlas of Remote with Roberts vocal and lyrics.
The Altas of Remote
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Changes - 05/31/19 03:03 PM
It's fun and interesting to hear the original.

When we were about half way through Janice said that it reminded here of part of the soundtrack for the movie Dune. It does have a cinematic feel.

You, the white strat, the amp and the fx created some fine engaging guitar over some well thought out backing tracks.

I'm not knowledgeable (but trying to learn a bit) about guitar fx but they created a really cool sound particularly with the delay.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: Jim Re: Changes - 05/31/19 03:09 PM
Really cool sounding...
You play so well & tastefully...
I'm glad you included a link to "The Atlas of Remote" so I could compare the two...
I also really liked that collaboration.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Changes - 05/31/19 03:42 PM
Scott,

Nice to hear the original... It has a "majestic" feel to it. Distinctive.

Sound like a soundtrack for a large army heading into battle...

The Wah is cool!! Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: edshaw Re: Changes - 05/31/19 03:57 PM
This could be a lyricist's delight. Keep on truckin!
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Changes - 05/31/19 04:34 PM
Hi Scott,

That's a very nice solo you did in this song! That is something I must learn one day...
And I liked you used that DOOMED-style as I did with Strnger in my house (second part).
You only slowed it down a bit more. I nearly could sing along.

Bye for now,
Hans
Posted By: PeterF Re: Changes - 05/31/19 07:25 PM
Scott

Nice tasty playing - some very nice textures and dynamics - wrapped in a pretty melodic phrases.
Nicely done.

Peter
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Changes - 05/31/19 08:36 PM
This was a wonderful tune. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Changes - 05/31/19 09:18 PM
Scott, this is definitely movie material, maybe a march for an emperor. Super chops, as always, but your tones took it over the top for me. Great work here.

Robert's vocal is excellent in the collaboration version.

Scott you should be very proud of the original version and both of you should be very proud of the collaboration.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Changes - 05/31/19 09:21 PM
As others have said, it's got a very cinematic feel, a slow and steady march forward. Very evocative.
Posted By: rayc Re: Changes - 05/31/19 10:45 PM
Very cool arrangement.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Changes - 06/01/19 08:24 AM
Scott,

This is great. I love all the textures and layers. Has kind of a Daniel Lanois vibe which I love.

Bob
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/01/19 08:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
It's fun and interesting to hear the original.

When we were about half way through Janice said that it reminded here of part of the soundtrack for the movie Dune. It does have a cinematic feel.

You, the white strat, the amp and the fx created some fine engaging guitar over some well thought out backing tracks.

I'm not knowledgeable (but trying to learn a bit) about guitar fx but they created a really cool sound particularly with the delay.

Nice!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud for checking out the song. Glad you like the song
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Changes - 06/01/19 12:18 PM
Nice tune Scott! Very much pedal to the metal. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Changes - 06/01/19 12:23 PM
The kind of piece that puts some ooomph in your step. Cinematic? Yes...but also the soundtrack for the best way to get through a day--calm and purposeful. Good stuff.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Changes - 06/01/19 03:10 PM
This is really cool!!! Reminds me of the songs of the 70's.....the longer you listen, the deeper you get. Love the way the drums work with that melody which has kind of a Celtic feel. Wonderful work guys!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Changes - 06/01/19 07:20 PM
wow scott this is awesome work love this eric
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Changes - 06/01/19 08:42 PM
Scott, somehow you are able to put a touching feeling in every note you play... makes it a very nice track to listen to.

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Changes - 06/01/19 09:36 PM
Hi Scott,

It's great to hear the song before it became "Atlas of the Remote".

You've definitely got a knack for making instrumentals very engaging for the listener. This one was no exception.

I'm really pleased that it engaged Robert to write words because "Atlas of the Remote" is one of my all-time favourites from the two of you.

Thank you for posting this and giving us all an insight into your song's journey.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Changes - 06/01/19 10:31 PM
Scott,
Enjoyed it much. Unusual in a very good way. Got a hint of darkness in it, but listens very well.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/02/19 08:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Really cool sounding...
You play so well & tastefully...
I'm glad you included a link to "The Atlas of Remote" so I could compare the two...
I also really liked that collaboration.

Thanks Jim so glad you liked the song. Yes it really amazed me how Robert was able to reshape the song so it could frame his vocal and lyric.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Nice to hear the original... It has a "majestic" feel to it. Distinctive.

Sound like a soundtrack for a large army heading into battle...

The Wah is cool!! Enjoyed the listen.

fj

Thanks Floyd so glad you liked the song. Yes the BIAB styles and real track musicians can really be inspirational.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
This could be a lyricist's delight. Keep on truckin!

Thanks Ed Glad you liked the song
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Changes - 06/02/19 01:27 PM
Nice playing Scott,

your choice of players in this works well, esp. the cello

and they are guys that I don't often hear

cool song, your guitar makes it so

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Changes - 06/02/19 02:51 PM
Scott,

Good to hear the original again... I think you added that wah on this version?,and maybe a bit more verb on the lower guitar track.
Interesting to notice now how much quicker Atlas of Remote ended up- the pace here is highly cinematic as others noted.
Very cool.

Robert
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/03/19 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Scott,

That's a very nice solo you did in this song! That is something I must learn one day...
And I liked you used that DOOMED-style as I did with Strnger in my house (second part).
You only slowed it down a bit more. I nearly could sing along.

Bye for now,
Hans

Thank Hans Glad you liked the song. I thought the doomed style was cool. I put up the chords and the key I wanted an just started going through the style and soon as it started to play ideas started popping into my head. Very cool software for developing tracks.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

Nice tasty playing - some very nice textures and dynamics - wrapped in a pretty melodic phrases.
Nicely done.

Peter

Thanks Peter Glad you liked the song.

Thanks Ember. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Scott, this is definitely movie material, maybe a march for an emperor. Super chops, as always, but your tones took it over the top for me. Great work here.

Robert's vocal is excellent in the collaboration version.

Scott you should be very proud of the original version and both of you should be very proud of the collaboration.

Thanks Mario I am really glad you like the song. I know you like to do allot of experimentation to with your guitar and wind controller. This one was allot of fun to work on and made really special when Robert incorporated his vocal and lyrics with it..
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Changes - 06/04/19 12:26 PM
Really nicely done smile Very well textured, and really cinematic. Very calming and ethereal as well. The way the reverbed guitars hang over the balance give it a dream like quality which I really enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Changes - 06/04/19 06:09 PM

Nice man! Love that Strat!

Trippy!!

smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/08/19 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
As others have said, it's got a very cinematic feel, a slow and steady march forward. Very evocative.

Thank you David Good to hear from you. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Very cool arrangement.

Thanks Ray glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

This is great. I love all the textures and layers. Has kind of a Daniel Lanois vibe which I love.

Bob

Thank you Bob for the very nice comparison. I love Daniel Lanois. Glad you like the song

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Nice tune Scott! Very much pedal to the metal. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Joe Yes let the lease out a little :-). Glad you liked the song.

Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/09/19 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
The kind of piece that puts some ooomph in your step. Cinematic? Yes...but also the soundtrack for the best way to get through a day--calm and purposeful. Good stuff.

Thanks for checking out the song Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This is really cool!!! Reminds me of the songs of the 70's.....the longer you listen, the deeper you get. Love the way the drums work with that melody which has kind of a Celtic feel. Wonderful work guys!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg Glad you liked the songs.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
wow scott this is awesome work love this eric

Thanks Eric for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Scott, somehow you are able to put a touching feeling in every note you play... makes it a very nice track to listen to.

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thanks Will So glad you like the song.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott,

It's great to hear the song before it became "Atlas of the Remote".

You've definitely got a knack for making instrumentals very engaging for the listener. This one was no exception.

I'm really pleased that it engaged Robert to write words because "Atlas of the Remote" is one of my all-time favourites from the two of you.

Thank you for posting this and giving us all an insight into your song's journey.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel for the awesome comments. After I had finished the song I was preparing to release it to the forum but thought I would run it by Robert first and see if he felt it was suitable for lyrics and a vocal. He made a few adjustments to the arrangement just like that he made the song even more special. So glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Enjoyed it much. Unusual in a very good way. Got a hint of darkness in it, but listens very well.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks so much Misha for checking out the song. Glad you liked it...
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/11/19 07:37 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice playing Scott,

your choice of players in this works well, esp. the cello

and they are guys that I don't often hear

cool song, your guitar makes it so

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Scott,

Good to hear the original again... I think you added that wah on this version?,and maybe a bit more verb on the lower guitar track.
Interesting to notice now how much quicker Atlas of Remote ended up- the pace here is highly cinematic as others noted.
Very cool.

Robert

Yes there were a few more elements to this song that were a little different from Atlas of Remote. Very cool to compare the two.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nicely done smile Very well textured, and really cinematic. Very calming and ethereal as well. The way the reverbed guitars hang over the balance give it a dream like quality which I really enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Derek for Checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Nice man! Love that Strat!

Trippy!!

smile

Thanks David the Strat is on of my favorites as well. Gets played allot. Gald you liked the song
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Changes - 06/11/19 10:54 AM
Late getting to the party here, but better late than never I guess!

This is really cool, Scott, well thought out and arranged.

My favorite part is towards the end with the cello with the wha-wha guitar, but it's all good.

Enjoyed!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/13/19 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Late getting to the party here, but better late than never I guess!

This is really cool, Scott, well thought out and arranged.

My favorite part is towards the end with the cello with the wha-wha guitar, but it's all good.

Enjoyed!

Thanks Dave Glad you like the song
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Changes - 06/13/19 09:48 PM
Liked what you did with this Scott!! I appreciate how you are becoming more experimental with your guitar sounds as time goes on! Keep on rockin' Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Scott C Re: Changes - 06/14/19 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Liked what you did with this Scott!! I appreciate how you are becoming more experimental with your guitar sounds as time goes on! Keep on rockin' Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey for checking out the song. Glad you liked it
© PG Music Forums