PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/18/19 11:28 AM
A composition from a guitarist friend who's playing days are sadly now over due to serious ill health. I have his permission to use this tune.
Arranged by me in a "Shadows" 'red Indian genre' style.
BT is all BIAB tracks. My thanks to Pipeline for telling me how to get 2 drum tracks on one SGU. Lol.
Tracks on SGU -
RealTracks in song: 1174:Bass, Electric, PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1278:Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120
RealDrums [in Song:CongasEv8[single]: a: More High Congab: More Low Conga
RealDrums [in Song:PopRock16ths^04-a:Sidestick, HiHat, b:Snare, Ride

Main guitar is my hand built Alan Brason Strat with Kinman FV pickups. Infills and harmony from my $120 Harley-Benton ST-62 budget Strat.

I hope you enjoy it -
https://app.box.com/s/fxwh80q77xbs13stsrq8y2sua7hlaqh9
AND for those who like their Rhythm guitar to be louder in the Mix - this is just for you (lol) -
https://app.box.com/s/1p8ueg50syfr2ek1pwc5thd18a7itxn9

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/18/19 11:46 AM
Yeah!! One of the best instrumentals I've heard on this site, just outstanding! Definitely hearing a Shadows vibe.

Excellent composition from your friend and a wonderful job on the track from you.

Very much enjoyed this one, well done!
Posted By: Mike Head Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/18/19 12:13 PM
Hi
Great sound you have there sir inspired me to press on with my new venture .
It will be some while before I can play like that (if ever)
See my other recent post.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=76307&Number=534153#Post534153

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=76570&Number=536903#Post536903

I just love clean non distorted guitar.
Best regards,
Mike
Posted By: Jim Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/18/19 12:55 PM
Very impressive number...
It stands very well alone but...
I can easily hear it as a backing track in some future movie!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/18/19 01:57 PM
Hi sixchannel, I admired the overall vibe on this. The arrangement is a pleasure to listen to and the instruments are layered nicely. Great work!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/19/19 07:27 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah!! One of the best instrumentals I've heard on this site, just outstanding! Definitely hearing a Shadows vibe.

Excellent composition from your friend and a wonderful job on the track from you.

Very much enjoyed this one, well done!

Hi Dave
Thank you for your kind summary. As written it was a LOT heavier but I wanted a lighter, "Shadows" feel to it. I think it worked.
Hans is not a well boy at the moment and has given up playing the guitar as he can neither sit for long or work his fingers like he used to. The Devil is Old Age! Back in the 60's he was a band member of a well known (in Germany) Beat Group.
The tracks came easily - I started out with BLANK-STY, figured out the chords using the Acoustic Guitar RT and then built up from there.
Ian
Nicely done - very well textured, and it flows super smoothly. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend - I have no doubt he's immensely happy with the work you tune with his tune.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/19/19 12:23 PM
Not only is this a great tune but it is also a fine tribute to your friend.

That clean guitar is so captivating that it's easy to not attend to just how good the backing tracks are.

The calypso vibe sets a great bed and we much liked the multi-drums. They are a lot of fun to experiment with and you made good use of it.

Shadows...yeah...nailed!

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: Robertkc Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/19/19 01:26 PM
Beautiful playing on an atmospheric progression.
Love that Shadows feel!

Robert
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/19/19 04:53 PM
Thank you everyone for all the kind words.
It was great fun to do and I'm grateful to Hans for allowing me to mess up his Original in MY way.
I love the chord progression, especially in the bridge and that is what drew me to it in the first place.
I dont think it would have got past First Base if I hadn't found that Acoustic Guitar RT early on. Those arppegio'd chords are so precise and clean. I was easily able to build on that.
And my Strat is not as "clean" as you might think. In some sections I have used a Behringer US600 Harmonist pedal set as "Reverse 12 String" - whatever note I play I ALSO get an octave down too. Have to be careful how low I play or the second niote is a Bass guitar. lol
Many thanks
Ian
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/20/19 09:10 PM
THis is really cool Ian!! There is such an atmosphere to the soundscape, and the guitar is played beautifully!! Reminds me of Bruce Cockburn. AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/20/19 10:27 PM
Yep - Shadows vibe, strongly melodic, great arrangement.

Excellent! smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/20/19 10:28 PM
HI Ian ...

Loved this! Has the basic sound and style from the several of the early 60s group, yet feels contemporary in so many ways. Love the sound of your guitars! This all rests very nicely in my ears. Excellent job and tribute. Very, very nice!

Alan
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/21/19 10:02 AM
Hi Greg - thank you for your comment. I'm never sure if what I perceive as a good mix is anyone elses. Glad you like the sound of my " Red Lady".
Hi David - yes, I changed Hans' original from an OD Fest to very much a Shadows style. The melody can truly stand it.
Hi Alan - Hans' background IS from 60s and 70's Beat Groups in Europe and the tune does fit with that Vibe, although HIS Demo to me (some years old) was quite Overdriven. Thank you for the kind review.
Cheers
ian
Posted By: Scott C Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/22/19 08:08 AM
Very cool tune. Excellent guitar work. Loved the swells and staccato playing. Tone was just excellent and very very cool melody lines. Well one
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/22/19 09:17 AM
sixchannel, this is a lovely and haunting piece! That wonderful guitar played so skillfully sounds superb and creates such an inviting atmosphere for the listener! Very good work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: rayc Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/22/19 10:50 AM
Your mate writes cool progressions.
You play very cool Hank Marvin lead/melody.
the arrangement is really cool though I'm not overly fussed on the synth pad - a Farfisa or B3 would've sounded more "of the time" but that's small beans... well done, very well done & tell you cobber as well.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/22/19 05:16 PM
That was great, no doubt of the influences, tone was right there, too.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/22/19 11:26 PM
Ian,
Nice guitar playing! Loved the sound and progression!

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/23/19 05:40 PM
Hi Scott and Torrey - thank you for you kind words.
Hi Ray - I tend only to use RTs or any resident basic midi sounds. I did try the various B3s but but they were all too over the top.
Hi TuneMonger and Misha - thanks for listening and your kind comments.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/24/19 04:54 PM
hi sixchannel love this great sound and choice of real tracks totally engaging really well done thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/24/19 06:43 PM
Someone else said something about a movie tune..... yep... this would have fit nicely into one of Clint's Spaghetti westerns.... nice tune.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/25/19 05:19 PM
Hi F.M.M Eric - thnaks for your kind comment.Using the same guitar RT but with one playing Held chords and the other as standard really works nicely.
Hi Herb - cue Clint walking on, squinting at the sun and chewing on an old cheroot. lol!
Cheers
ian
Posted By: Tangmo Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/26/19 10:19 PM
Don't know the Shadows, but this is just great to my ears. A delicious band and perc, haunting guitar, great descending progression. And a super-clean mix as well. Hugely enjoyed.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/26/19 10:58 PM
So nice! Really flows well. Great tone on the clean Strat! Always loved the sound of a nice Strat. And very nice progressions.

I will be praying for your friend!

Steve
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/27/19 07:26 AM
Hi Tangmo - Thank you so much. I like the tune loads but it was that chord prog that really got to me. Thanks for the comment on the Mix - believe it or not, I'm still using the ancient Adobe Audition 1.5 and Win XP when recording.

Hi Steve - gotta love a good Strat. "Red Lady" is one of the Best. Thank you for adding your prayers to ours. He is in central Germany where at the moment they have record soaring temperatures - not good for him at all so he has to stay indoors.
Cheers
ian
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/27/19 07:34 AM
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Thanks for the comment on the Mix - believe it or not, I'm still using the ancient Adobe Audition 1.5 and Win XP when recording.

Me too! I use reaper for everything else, but for recording my guitar parts I use Adobe Audition 1.5. Best program ever for recording and editing audio! I also have Audition 3 here, but 1.5 is better for recording.

1.5 was still basically Cool Edit Pro, the program started to go downhill once Adobe started messing with it IMHO.

I have it running on Windows 10 BTW.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/27/19 12:31 PM
Very Cool!!!!!!! smile
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/28/19 05:54 PM
Hi Dave - its one of the few reasons that I still have an XP drive on my PC. Do you think it would run on Win7?
Hi Tommyc - quite so.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/28/19 06:48 PM
Shadows.. this is the closest thing I have ever heard and it sounds, crisp the mix and production is spot on and....Main guitar is my hand built Alan Brason Strat with Kinman FV pickups. Infills and harmony from my $120 Harley-Benton ST-62 budget Strat.

Well I will say no more than the American strat my misses has promised for my sixtieth birthday next year is cancelled, I'm keeping my 1980 jap strat .

That's how much your playing sound has touched me, honestly keeping the jap.

Thanks
Posted By: sixchannel Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental - 06/29/19 05:19 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Shadows.. this is the closest thing I have ever heard and it sounds, crisp the mix and production is spot on and....Main guitar is my hand built Alan Brason Strat with Kinman FV pickups. Infills and harmony from my $120 Harley-Benton ST-62 budget Strat.

Well I will say no more than the American strat my misses has promised for my sixtieth birthday next year is cancelled, I'm keeping my 1980 jap strat .

That's how much your playing sound has touched me, honestly keeping the jap.

Thanks

Oh yes - keep the Jap Strat for sure. This 'budget' axe has no darned right to sound like it does - but it does.
The Shadows were/are my Idols.
© PG Music Forums