PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 03:38 AM
Hi Folks.
Here is a Russian pseudo-folk song I was working on lately. I tried translating it, unfortunately it was a total nonsense smile In essence it is about human ways of life, and at the same time about antagonist - death, which inhabits a different space, present at all times and plays it's own parallel game. To compress things, it is tune about life & death with folk flavor. Critical comments are always welcomed. Thank you for listening!

Zabud Menya / Forget Me

Things used:
Biab:
711: Bass Acoustic,Bossa
RealDrums:=BossaRock
3059:Guitar Acoustic
678:Guitar, Electric, RockBritDriving
2692:Organ Rhytm
2626:Guitar, Resonator
Several Midi tracks / synth of Halion
Mixed in Cakewalk.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 08:03 AM
Lovely backtrack on this tune Misha. Very cool vocal. Very passionate. Well done
Posted By: rsdean Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 08:50 AM
Misha,

The track selection and mix on this song is excellent. One of your best vocals - a very strong performance.

Bob
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 09:25 AM
Although I don't understand the language Misha, I do know this was done very well! Great job with vocals and the effects are awesome! Loved the ebb and flow between the sections of the tune! You always produce great work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: rayc Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 10:42 AM
The strident electric guitar was a bit of a shock but makes complete sense.
The vibe reminded me of some stuff by "the Polish Beatles" - Czerwone Gitary - on their 3rd LP.
I loved the whole package - mystery lyrics and all.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 11:27 AM
Hi Misha,

This is a very nice song, intriguing (probably because I can't understand a word), but the performance, and I mean the build up of the chorusses is strong. Like it. It received a 'like' -of course-
And I believe Ray did the electric guitar? The one that leads in the chorusses? Wonderful!

Hans
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 02:51 PM
Misha,

A very cool production. The ebb and flow is outstanding, super interesting.

Several nice vocal effects.

The mix sounds good.

fj
Posted By: dcuny Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 03:45 PM
I can't speak to the lyrics, although I can't help mention how much I love the rolled /R/. smile

Interesting contrast with the chorus.

Cool sounds, especially the ending.

I enjoyed it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/22/19 11:47 PM
Scott,
thank you for your time and your supportive comments!
----------
Bob,
I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for listening!
----------
Torrey,
Thank you for taking time listening and your warm comments! I might do a English re-write on this, rhymed translation just does not work well.
----------
Ray, Thank you for supportive comments! Czerwone Gitary... They got some nice tunes. My son speaks Polish (I do not) I sent him a link to Czerwone Gitary today, he dig their drive!
---------
Hans,
"intriguing (probably because I can't understand a word)" LOL! Thank you for listening and your positive comments here and on SC. This is all BIAB, synths and me.
--------
FJ, Thank you for listening and nice comments! Fx are actually pretty basic here. I was trying out a new mic on this tune and I think the texture is more of mic related.
---------
David,
Thank you for listening and warm comments! + "rolled R"... smile

Misha.
Posted By: Jim Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/23/19 05:50 PM
Nice work Misha...
I must admit your lyrics were cloaked in mystery... I didn't understand a single word wink...
However I could relate to the passion of your vocals...
In addition, you've created an excellent production & mix...
I enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/23/19 08:00 PM
"Its all Russian to me" I love the raw power behind this tune. Great production and performance.Rob
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/23/19 09:36 PM
Misha,

Very edgy and then at times almost pastoral(the ending)- the dynamics are well handled and effects enhance your always colourful vocals.
Another highly original and entertaining production!

Robert
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/24/19 11:43 AM
Nice one, Misha!

Vocal sounds great, not understanding the lyrics did not take away from my enjoyment of hearing you sing them.

Love your use of dynamics, not that easy to do in BIAB sometimes.

As always you produce something unique and enjoyable to listen to, well done! (again smile )
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/24/19 06:36 PM
Great sounding track!! And wonderful sounding vocal!! I really like the way you arranged the tune and the processing. Everything about it is GREAT!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/24/19 08:55 PM
Wow - I didn't understand a word, but I absolutely loved the tune. It has so much raw energy, and so much passion behind it. The mix job is stunning as well. Very professional sounding, and very striking in both your vocal delivery and the arrangement. Despite it not translating well - I'd love to know the rough translation.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/24/19 09:48 PM
Jim,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments!
-----------
Rob,
Thank you for listening and kind words here and on SC!
-----------
Robert,
Thank you for nice words! I was surprised how well BIAB handled my idea of Russian folkesque experiment smile
------------
Dave,
Thank you for listening and your supportive comments! Give it a few years, mr.Google will translate everything on the fly smile
------------
Greg,
Thank you for taking time to listen and awesome feedback!
-------------
Deryk,
Thank you for giving this time and your support! I tried translating it, I really did smile Actually I wanted two versions Russian and English, but ethnic music is hard to translate the right way. I will probably give it another shot, after I recover from this smile

Misha.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/26/19 12:39 AM
sounds great!

good mix

good vocals

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: PeterF Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/26/19 02:18 AM
Misha

Really nice vocal, production, composition, mix and dynamics.
Excellent work all round.

Peter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/26/19 03:50 AM
Hi Misha,

This is and outstanding listen! I love everything about it. Even though I have no idea what the words mean, the journey that you took me on is full of entertainment.... terrific vocals, great arrangement with excellent attention to the emotional contour of the music, very competent production.

Very enjoyable,
Noel
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/26/19 08:58 PM
Didn't need to be able to understand Russian to feel the emotion present in the chords , melody and vocal delivery. Wonderful production as well. Always a "different" experience with your stuff, and always welcome if only for that.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 06/29/19 11:22 PM
Kenny,
Thank you for listening and your feedback!

------------
Peter,
thank you for positive comments!

------------
Noel,
Thank you for listening and your kind and supportive words!

------------
Tangmo,
Thank you for listening to this with open mind and for kind words!

Misha.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Zabud Menya / Forget Me - 07/04/19 07:15 PM
Man, that is a great tune.

Not understanding the lyric we just treated the vocal track as another instrumental solo track!

And it is, indeed, a great vocal...very nuanced and a bit mysterious.

The entire production is pro level in sound all through.

Excellent!

J&B
© PG Music Forums