PG Music Home
Posted By: edshaw Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/25/19 04:56 PM

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

I've been working on getting the volune up.
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/25/19 06:20 PM
Hi Ed
It took me about 6 seconds to get to hang with what you were doing and then once I did I totally got into the rythm of it.The vocals say to me that you love'd singing it and got lost in the song.The instrumental is excellent,laid back .Super Job vocals really pleasing with that falsetto feel to it.Its one of those hyms that lead to unusual versions like on the end of True Grit 2010 and your version is unusual as well and equally appealling.Give urself a pat on the back.H
Posted By: edshaw Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/25/19 07:18 PM
Not to mention, The Blind Boys of Alabama smile Thanks, Hugh.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/25/19 09:17 PM
Nicely done smile It has a nice groove, and your vocals are really something else. Incredibly unique in the delivery and timbre, but it adds a whole other level of texture to the tune.

Great work, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 11:39 AM
Great work on this ed! The guitar sounds very crisp and the vocals harmonies quite well. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 01:48 PM
Ed,
This made me feel that I was in a living room listening to you carried away with the emotion of the hymn ( one of my favourites).
The instrumental break may be long, or need something to sustain interest.
I love the timbre of your voice!

Robert
Posted By: Jim Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 05:45 PM
Another great old hymn...
I'm use to hearing this tune at a faster tempo...
But I see you chose a tempo closer to The Blind Boys of Alabama version...
Nicely done!
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 08:06 PM
Honestly Ed id rather your version because its very reflective and I think it suits this hymn.It puts me in a place of relaxation and security and of unworry if their is such a word .That is what the hymn is about refuge in God.No need to hurry or rush about just take it easy in the knowledge you are safe.This Version conveys all of these things perfectly .Again very talented H
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 09:28 PM
Thanks Ed for keeping the old hymns in the rotation here! I appreciate it! I feel the vocal effects work well with this slowed down version of the song! Keep at it! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Scott C Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 10:29 PM
Well done Ed
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/26/19 10:46 PM
This is very nice, Ed. Has a very honest, pure feel to it. What you definitely want with any hymn. I like the slower reflective version of this hymn.

And the volume is up. smile

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/29/19 04:00 PM
Ed,

You have a such a good feel for this music. Great arrangement.

Bob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 06/29/19 06:12 PM
Nice gospely, heartfelt tune Ed!! It rolls along very pleasantly.....easy to listen to and get in to. Vocal is passionate and pleasant. Good job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 07/05/19 08:53 AM
Enjoyed that Ed!

Hey, we’re long time Blind Boys Of Alabama fans. So this was an extra treat.

J&B
Posted By: edshaw Re: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - 07/05/19 11:05 AM
No doubt. I took it so far as to play bass in a mostly African American outreach in Sarasota. Remember that CD
mail club? I took full advantage and got to know most of the gospel musicians. Helen Baylor is a favorite. Also, always liked this group -- one of their best on video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwWZUWXlxO8
© PG Music Forums