PG Music Home
Posted By: Andyman Running In Circles - 06/29/19 05:41 PM
https://soundcloud.com/andyshearer-1/running-in-circles

For my latest instrumental composition, I added the following BIB instruments to my own guitar playing. I also used my Roland GR-20 guitar synth for the Tenor Sax, Voices and Synth sounds.
Not sure that the sax part is actually playable on the real instrument, but at least I managed to capture the right sound and feel that I was looking for.
I don't really have a specific genre in mind when I'm making music, but I would hazard a guess that this falls loosely into the category of Smooth Jazz, perhaps ?

MANPMGA.STY

1827: Bass,Electric
1839: Piano,Acoustic
RealDrums=PopModernGrooveSync16
1596: Guitar,Acoustic,Strumming Pop 16ths
1947: Mandolin,Rhythm PopModernGrooveAndy
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Running In Circles - 06/29/19 06:32 PM
Really love this Andy!!! The music is so catchy and sweet........love the sound of the same bass throughout and the way the melody dances with it! To me the lead instrument (sax?) is too bright....bites the ear a bit. Other than that, everything sounds AWESOME to me!!! Great job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Running In Circles - 06/29/19 07:00 PM
Nice work Andyman, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and rhythm is easy to follow. That guitar tone is very warm!
Posted By: Andyman Re: Running In Circles - 06/29/19 07:06 PM
Thanks for listening and for your kind comment Greg.
I know a good sax player and he owes me a favour, so I'm hoping that he'll agree to record the part.
You can't beat the real thing.
Posted By: rayc Re: Running In Circles - 06/30/19 06:01 AM
I had to pull the volume down for the sax part so it probably does bite a bit too much. Getting it to have the more rounded tone of the guitar would be cool and reducing some of the vibrato too. Not really jazzy - closer to anthemic 80s rock.
Nice melody.
Posted By: Andyman Re: Running In Circles - 06/30/19 03:06 PM
Thanks for your helpful advice rayc. It is much appreciated.
I will have another go at the sax part to see if I can get a softer tone.
I can rarely work out which genre best fits my individual tracks, so I'm always grateful for suggestions.
Posted By: Jim Re: Running In Circles - 06/30/19 03:43 PM
Good little tune Andy...
I really like the melody & your guitar work...
Nice fade out at the end...
Good job!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Running In Circles - 07/01/19 07:03 AM
Very nice instrumental and some really nice guitar melodic playing.
Interesting use of the guitar synth - had a sax sound but a guitar feel....

Peter
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Running In Circles - 07/03/19 11:31 AM
Really well done - it flows smooth as butter, and the guitar tones here are superb. Really lush, and some really great standout melodies. A nice melding of styles - a really engaging listen.

Thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums