PG Music Home
Hi Ya'll!

I hope every one had a great 4th of July!!!!

I decided to get back to the DAW because I was getting rusty. I chose to rework Requiem For Smoochie D. Cat. A very difficult song I must admit. So I changed the tempo and widened the scope and soften the edges for a smoother transition. It not sounds easier to listen to.

If you have an interest, give it a listen...

Thanks again,
All the best

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/requiem-for-smoochie-d-cat
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Mix: "Requiem for Smoochie D. Cat - 07/05/19 03:20 PM
Interesting listen.

I wasn't a big fan of the reverb on the piano - it has a very lo-fi sound to it and some odd bass notes around 1:47.

It sounds like there's some odd phasing going on with the strings.

I'm personally a fan of mixes where the instruments sound like they're in the same space, so the contrast between the space the strings were in vs. the piano space was a bit off-putting.

What did you use for the strings? There's an interesting "screech" you get out of them in the end.

All said - interesting listen. Poor Smoochie. smile
Hi dcuny!

Thanks for your listen. I really appreciate your comments. This piece is a virtual instruments experimental piece. I created this entire song imputing each note for piano and bass piano notes manually. I disagree with your "lo-fi" comment may I suggest you try another medium i,e. car stereo. The song is a requiem not a lullby. I took great liberties in making it as odd and off putting as possible!!! =D

Regarding "poor Smoothie," he deserved everything he got for his reign of terror!!!=D
© PG Music Forums