PG Music Home
Posted By: japokeapeg The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/14/19 05:52 PM
https://soundcloud.com/japokeapeg/the-island-of-dr-tomorrow-v2

I'm playing guitars and vox, BIAB does the the rest

Style is _ELECAMP.STY (Amplitube Rock Electric Guitars)

RealTracks in style: ~388:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 632:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 678:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritDriving Ev 085 (A:arp)
RealTracks in song: 1584:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffleBrent Sw 130
RealDrums [in Song:RockClassicBritEv^1-a:Snare, Closed HiHat , b:Snare, Ride Bell
Posted By: dcuny Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/14/19 09:00 PM
Cool! I'd always assumed that Moreau was pronounced /MER-OE/, so I never made the connection! blush

I love the vibe and harmonies. Catchy chorus! It sounds sort of like a theme song to a 70's Saturday kid's show... except for the lyrics, of course.

The arrangement is excellent. And "retort" doesn't get nearly enough airplay these days.

I enjoyed this one a lot! laugh
Posted By: japokeapeg Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/15/19 05:09 AM
thank you david!
Posted By: rayc Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/15/19 07:09 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Cool! I'd always assumed that Moreau was pronounced /MER-OE/, so I never made the connection! blush

That spins me out. Now I need to know what pronunciation you've been using.

David,
Nice live feel - I think you need to sort out a common reverb to sit the vocals & your guitar into the bed with the rest of the instruments. I find it REALLY hard to match reverbs with the BIAB default one so always export dry, at unity and centred.

The only real issue would be some heavy essing that could be addressed before any reverb.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/15/19 11:34 AM
What a tune! I really enjoyed this one - the harmonies are on point, the groove is fantastic. A solid throwback to a classic 70's sound. I can imagine this sounding unreal live.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Jim Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/15/19 12:33 PM
Nicely done...
Good harmonies & driving rhythm...
Just wish I had some lyrics to look at & study.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/15/19 04:29 PM
Nice work on this japokeapeg! Really dig the layering of guitars in this one. Very cool! Well done
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Island Of Dr Tomorrow - 07/15/19 09:37 PM
Excellent tune. Backtrack has a very cool groove to it. Excellent vocal. Well done
© PG Music Forums