PG Music Home
Posted By: RichardB1985 What Do You Say - 07/16/19 08:42 PM

I'm really enjoying putting songs together with BIAB and I'm astounded at how many different styles of songs you can put together with it. I was going for a dance-pop, late 90's/early 2000's style. Not sure how close to it I managed to get, but I quite like the results!

Everything was generated in BIAB and Real-Band before being moved across to Studio One to mix and record vocals. I added one sample from Splice.

Style is _JBBLGUM.STY (Bubblegum J-Pop)

RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** 1522:Bass, Electric, PopPower8s Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** 2309:Synth, Rhythm BubblegumPopSynthBells Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** 2307:Synth, Rhythm BubblegumPopKoto Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** 2264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm 80sBubblegumPop Ev 140
RealDrums [in Song:SynthDrumsBubblegum^6-a: OffBeat Bass, Snare , b: 4xBass HiHat
Posted By: Tangmo Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 01:33 AM
Well put together piece. The vocals, harmonies, and delays were effective. I was waiting for a bass-drop or some other kind of "break", but the AB sections (I'm assuming) provided good rhythmic variation between the more syncopated and straighter. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 06:34 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Yeah I feel like the last section needs something more because it feels like it's building up but doesn't quite go anywhere. All of my songs are a work in progress at the moment but I'm enjoying learning while I'm creating them!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 11:27 AM
Nice work on this - I think you did a good job capturing the europop sound of the late 90's. The beat to it definitely bumps, and the hook is super catchy. I thought the melodies had the perfect amount of bubblegum sweetness, so to speak.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 01:28 PM
Nice work Richard, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This is beautiful and the chord progression is very nice. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jim Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 01:51 PM
Nice composition...
Sounds like you're having fun exploring Biab...
I enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 06:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time to listen and I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I'm really enjoying working with this software, I think I'm finally getting all of those years of built up creativity out!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 09:32 PM
Really great use of RealTracks here. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: What Do You Say - 07/17/19 10:55 PM
Richard,
oh yes nice flashback style tune. Brings back memories of Dr.Alban smile
Good composition and production!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
© PG Music Forums