PG Music Home
Hi all, Just finished this song a few days ago and posted to SoundCloud. Thought I'd share it here. Any constructive points on the mix most appreciated! https://soundcloud.com/webgab1/getting-late-1
Nicely done!

I liked the mix. Perhaps the reverse cymbal sound at 1:16 is a bit too up-front.

1:30 sounded like the natural end, and at about 1:55 the repeated sax riff started to wear out it's welcome, but at that point you'd started a long fade, so can see the justification there. Perhaps if you'd faded the sax more during the end, it wouldn't have stuck out as much. Just my personal opinion, it's not "wrong" in any real sense.
Very nice. A pleasant listen.

Nicely mixed - the drums, guitar and sax are all at a good level.
I agree with David that the reverse cymbal is a bit too up front - but it is cool - some heavy reverb on it would make even cooler, I think... and set it back in the mix...

fj
Welcome to the forum...
I enjoyed listening to your composition...
And I hope I will hear many more from you.
Welcome aboard!

Nice mix and a pleasant mellow composition - quite mesmerizing.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Hey there webgab, Welcome to the forums! I admired the overall vibe on this and sounds very full. Looking forward to hear more!
WG,
Nice relaxing tune. I agree that rev. cymbals are a little upfront, but that is very minor. Overall, Mixed very well to my ears.

Thank you for posting.
Misha.
Welcome to the forums! I liked the laid back nature of the song and thought your mix was really concise. Makes me excited to hear what's next from you smile

Thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums