PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Rockwell Dawn - 07/21/19 07:20 PM
It's always fun to remix this song, now I have pro JBL monitors and Melodyne to lock in the vocals. I wrote this in 1975, can't remember the girl it was written for. The BB instrumentation gives it the weight I always imagined, but couldn't play myself.

https://soundcloud.com/willrockwell/dawn
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Dawn - 07/22/19 11:17 AM
Nicely done, Will smile Love the groove and progressions, and the song really packs a powerful patch. That chorus is perfectly catchy. I'm getting some strong 80's rock vibes here.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jim Re: Dawn - 07/22/19 12:15 PM
Another nice tune from you...
It has a pleasant Buddy Holly feel to it...
Thanks, I enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Dawn - 07/22/19 09:40 PM
Wonderful rocking tune! I love the power of the drums, driving this!
Posted By: rayc Re: Dawn - 07/23/19 10:27 AM
Def Buddy vibe.
There's not much happening on the left channel for the verses - possibly because of the crunchy guitar on the right.
The Holly Everyday jangle of the intro is a little overpowering.
Fun song.
Well done.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Dawn - 07/23/19 11:31 AM
Will,
Nice vintage resurrection. Good work on this! Mix is clear. Everything sits very well.
I like your tunes, and this was not exception. Typing this, I realized that "playlist" of your tunes is playing for the past 40 mins in the background smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Dawn - 07/23/19 05:01 PM
Hey Will, this is excellent! Excellent mixdown on all of this and I really dug the chord progression. Looking forward to hear more!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Dawn - 07/24/19 12:28 AM
It all fit together really well IMHO, I enjoyed it. Especially liked the soaring guitars in the beginning.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Dawn - 07/24/19 12:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Rockwell
I wrote this in 1975, can't remember the girl it was written for.

Captures the sound of time perfectly.

Love the jangling guitars.

Catchy chorus.

Fun listen! laugh
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Dawn - 07/25/19 01:12 PM
Hi Will,

a really good rocking song that made my feet tap from bar one. Well-written and well-sung. Very enjoyable.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Dawn - 07/26/19 12:04 PM
This was really good. Loved the bass lines in this song. Guitar sounds great. Super vocal
© PG Music Forums