PG Music Home
Posted By: RichardB1985 Here With Me - 07/21/19 08:18 PM

I tried my hand at another pop ballad. I wanted to try a style which allowed me to fit in a lot of backing vocals and some harmonies. I didn't go too complex with the arrangement and vocals at this stage. But I liked some of the results.

I'm not sure my voice really works with this style... or maybe I just need a lot of singing lessons! But I do like these kind of songs and I think it's something I can work on.

Style is _CHILPOP.STY (Electronic Chillout Pop)

Loop in Song: Chillout\Chillout - day dream_80_bass_g_minor.wav
Loop in Song: Chillout\Chillout - chilly night_80_drum_loop_a_minor ev16.wav
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** 1004:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockStrumming Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** 1542:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopBelieve Ev16 065
Loop in Song: Chillout\Chillout - day dream_80_percussion_g_minor ev16.wav
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Here With Me - 07/22/19 11:40 AM
Nice work on this smile Delightfully catchy and upbeat - easy to follow, and proof that sometimes less is more. I'm getting some strong 90's pop vibes on this one. Really well textured too, and a nice change of pace compared to the usual Band-in-a-Box output.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jim Re: Here With Me - 07/22/19 12:08 PM
Sounds like you did pretty well with your pop ballad here...
Your vocal was clear & easy to follow...
But I sure wish I had some lyrics to read while I listened to your song.
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: Here With Me - 07/22/19 02:11 PM
Thanks for the comments and taking the time to listen. I have to admit that 90s pop is the period that inspires a lot of my music. I might have to try something a bit more modern next time!

That's a good idea, I'll start putting some lyrics up with my songs from now on.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Here With Me - 07/22/19 02:47 PM
Richard,
Good stuff! Nice pop composition!

"not sure my voice really works with this style... or maybe I just need a lot of singing lessons!"
lol this is funny!

I think your voice works very good with this tune. Unique and personal.
I took a few "master" classes with couple of established singers/teachers, just to better understand a theory behind the voice. Sure, it was fun and educational and I learned a few very valuable "points", but the best "teacher" is to practice. The more you do it, the better you get. Hope to hear more.

Thank you for posting!

Misha.
© PG Music Forums