PG Music Home
This is one that when I heard this style, I knew I had to write a song that would fit it.

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13745804

Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind

Woke up this morning with heaven on my mind,
needless to say I was feeling mighty fine.
The sun was shining and the birds would sing,
then at twelve noon I heard some church bells ring,
I've got that apostolic holy ghost revival state of mind.

Chourus:

I've got that apostolic holy ghost revival state of mind,
a feeling that you can't explain it's one of a kind.
People at the altar, hands raised in the air,
shoutin and praisin like they don't have a care.

Satan can't stand it cause he knows who's gonna win,
he know he's lost a soul when they turn from sing.
He's starts to tremble he starts to shake,
we've got the devil in a bind.

Repeat Chorus:
Posted By: dcuny Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind - 07/27/19 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
This is one that when I heard this style, I knew I had to write a song that would fit it.

Yes, but what's the style? whistle

Fun listen - the title's fun to say, and fits the style like a glove.
Nicely done Ronnie smile You definitely have a distinct sound, and I really enjoy your consistent throwbacks to that old school country sound. Very, very catchy and it almost has a nostalgic quality to it.

Thanks for sharing!
I grew up old school country, and the music that I hear on our local "Country" station, almost sounds like rock!!
Posted By: Jim Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind - 07/30/19 02:03 PM
I'm behind on your songs so I'll comment on both of them here...

Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind... Nice rocking tune... I enjoyed the listen.

For Even Me... Another good one... Of the two of them, I think I like this one better... Good job!
Nice country rocker...

Man, that hook is a mouthful -- but it works!!!

Enjoyed it.

J&B
You used the classic imagery here really effectively, and I think this sounded like a pretty great tune overall. I especially liked the lines:

"The sun was shining and the birds would sing,
then at twelve noon I heard some church bells ring".

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: rayc Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind - 07/31/19 10:55 PM
Has a nice early rock feel to it.
Your vocal suits the style really well.
You do need to address the vocal levels in several spots - go get LOUD particularly in the chorus.
Love it Ronnie. The very first thing I heard was the vocals which are right out front where they belong. So many user songs bury the vocals. Yes, the vocal did get a little hot in spots but I would rather have that than having to strain to hear them. Good job

Bob
I've learned the hard way, if they can't hear the lyrics, they're losing the concept and reason for the song!!
Excellent job of bringing revival spirit in song Ronnie!!! Cliff
© PG Music Forums