PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Whammy - 08/11/19 01:31 PM
Here is a new song. Been awhile since I put one up. This one is more of a jam as I just put the backtrack up and played along to it.

Whammy

****** Song Summary *************
Title: 081019ED
File:081019ED.SGU
Key=G , Tempo 73, Length (m:s)=2:50
8 bar intro, 20 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 28. Repeat x2 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _PSYCHE.STY (Psyche New Age Synth)

RealTracks in song: 1901:Bass, Baby, Bolero Ev 090
RealTracks in style: 2460:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm NewAgeAlbertiMoody Ev 140
RealTracks in song: 2364:Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2798:Flugelhorn, Background CroonerBalladLow Sw 060 (1TrackHornSection)
RealDrums [in style:SouthernPopEv16^03-a:Hat, Snare, b:Ride, Snare

Guitar Les Paul Amp Marshall Archer pedal and Digital Whammy
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Whammy - 08/11/19 02:31 PM
Guitar sounds pretty good Scott! I love that backtrack! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Jim Re: Whammy - 08/11/19 03:28 PM
Yes it has been a while...
So I'm glad you put a new one up...
I always enjoy hearing your work...
Overall you've created shimmering effect on this one...
Very laid back, warm, & nicely done...
I've enjoyed listening to it several times this morning...
Good job!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Whammy - 08/11/19 07:27 PM
Scott

An unmistakable sound, and some nice use of the Whammy pedal, make for a pleasant listening experience.

Nice backing and playing, on an enjoyable track.

Peter
Posted By: edshaw Re: Whammy - 08/11/19 09:09 PM
Your guitar and the Whammy get along just fine.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Whammy - 08/11/19 09:13 PM
Scott, that was some pretty awesome chops! Super tone on that Strat!

Great job on this one!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Whammy - 08/11/19 10:50 PM
Those Strawberry Fields flutes grab ya from the start and your playing to them worked very well. Nice work!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/12/19 07:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Guitar sounds pretty good Scott! I love that backtrack! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey. Glad you liked the song. This are my favorite guitar chord progressions to play to.

Originally Posted By: Jim
Yes it has been a while...
So I'm glad you put a new one up...
I always enjoy hearing your work...
Overall you've created shimmering effect on this one...
Very laid back, warm, & nicely done...
I've enjoyed listening to it several times this morning...
Good job!

Thanks Jim for the kind words. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

An unmistakable sound, and some nice use of the Whammy pedal, make for a pleasant listening experience.

Nice backing and playing, on an enjoyable track.

Peter

Thanks Peter for checking out the song. Glad you liked it
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Whammy - 08/12/19 10:30 AM
Scott,

Very "soothing". Smooth playing and a nice "subtle" background for it.

I enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/13/19 10:27 AM
Originally Posted By: edshaw

Thanks Ed. Glad you liked the song. This is a very interesting effect pedal. Lots of ideas for it..
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Whammy - 08/13/19 12:21 PM
Man, is that ever smooth.

It so easily brings images of a gentle streams or wildflowers swaying in a breeze.

Just lovely. Great performance Scott! The digital effect pedal was standout.

J&B
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Whammy - 08/13/19 09:54 PM
Scott,
I like the delicate lyrical runs you make on a really good progression. The whammy makes such nice rising ending notes!
The style reminds me of lying in a field cloud gazing while stoned... on life, of course!

Robert
Posted By: rayc Re: Whammy - 08/14/19 06:23 AM
Dig Whammy can be the best or the worst depending on the mind set of the player - you did a cool job over a Beatlesque backing (tron style flutes that is).
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Whammy - 08/14/19 09:12 AM
A splendid solo, Scott. It makes Whammy taste yummy! (for the rhyming).

That beginning of your song (the electronic interference), did you do that on purpose? I liked it. Sounded like an old fashioned amplifier, Reminded me of the old days...

Hans
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Whammy - 08/14/19 11:11 AM
Nice work on this one, Scott smile It's a really solid jam, and the soloing leaves nothing to be desired. It has a great flow and is really easy to take. It's quite gentle and calming to listen to, I found.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Whammy - 08/14/19 11:52 AM
Very cool, Scott! You get some neat sounds from that pedal, I'll need to look into getting one one of these days.

Nice mood, nice playing.

Enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Whammy - 08/14/19 09:27 PM
There was sort of an unexpected Island feel to this...Polynesia, to be more exact. Anyway, a very relaxing piece that just let me float away for a few minutes, so I had to go back for another float. Ahhhh.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Whammy - 08/15/19 09:54 AM
Hi Scott,

this sure is different - very, very cool. Like TuneMonger I was immediately reminded on the Strawberry Fields Forever synth sound (dis they already have synths then...?)

The backing track is very nice and I love what and how you play. The whammy sound is great as well.

Really nice, enjoyed the listen a lot!

Stefan
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Whammy - 08/15/19 12:27 PM
Nice work on this Scott! Really dug the synth flutes too, they're a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Whammy - 08/15/19 08:46 PM
Loved the Whammy jammy! As others have stated, great guitar work and I dig the effect. Song is simultaneously comforting and electrifying.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/15/19 10:38 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Scott, that was some pretty awesome chops! Super tone on that Strat!

Great job on this one!

Thanks Mario Really glad you like the song. Loved the comments

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Those Strawberry Fields flutes grab ya from the start and your playing to them worked very well. Nice work!

Thanks so much for checking out the song. Funny as I was putting the song through a bunch of styles I randomly picked this one and when I heard the flutes I sat straight up. It too reminded me of the Beatles. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Very "soothing". Smooth playing and a nice "subtle" background for it.

I enjoyed the listen.

fj

Thanks allot Floyd for checking out the song. Very much appreciated. Glad you like it.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Whammy - 08/16/19 09:41 AM
hi scott nice clean sound is that accel pedal your using or whammy bar enjoyed my listen cool tune eric
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Whammy - 08/17/19 09:35 PM
Scott,
Very attractive tune! Beautiful playing! Combination of Whammy and flutes is a winner.
Enjoyed this a lot.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/18/19 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Man, is that ever smooth.

It so easily brings images of a gentle streams or wildflowers swaying in a breeze.

Just lovely. Great performance Scott! The digital effect pedal was standout.

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud. So glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Scott,
I like the delicate lyrical runs you make on a really good progression. The whammy makes such nice rising ending notes!
The style reminds me of lying in a field cloud gazing while stoned... on life, of course!

Robert

Lol thank you Robert. I seem to regress to these tunes when stuck inside while its constantly raining outside. Does present some relief from a gloomy date. Glad you liked the song. Getting high on life is the way to go even if the other stuff is legal now ;-)..

Originally Posted By: rayc
Dig Whammy can be the best or the worst depending on the mind set of the player - you did a cool job over a Beatlesque backing (tron style flutes that is).

Yes I agree on the effect. I have been trying to get to know this little fella. It definitely has some interesting sounds. Will be interesting down the road to see where it can fit in and complement the song. Thanks Ray glad you liked the song.
Been loving your collabs as well
Posted By: Al-David Re: Whammy - 08/18/19 03:56 PM
Hi Scott ...

I have to agree with all that's been said. A cool sound ... relaxing, dreamy and throws your cares right out the window. Enjoyed this a bunch. I've never had or used a Whammy pedal ... will have to check it out. Don't know a thing about it ... except that you created a wonderful sound with it.

Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Mark K Re: Whammy - 08/18/19 07:22 PM
Really like the ElectroFlutes - sounds like flute Mellowtron. Three minutes goes by fast when listening to a well played track.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/19/19 03:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
A splendid solo, Scott. It makes Whammy taste yummy! (for the rhyming).

That beginning of your song (the electronic interference), did you do that on purpose? I liked it. Sounded like an old fashioned amplifier, Reminded me of the old days...

Hans

Thank you Hans for the kind words. I think the interference at the beginning was some dissonance between the real tracks. Gld you liked the song

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work on this one, Scott smile It's a really solid jam, and the soloing leaves nothing to be desired. It has a great flow and is really easy to take. It's quite gentle and calming to listen to, I found.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Derek. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very cool, Scott! You get some neat sounds from that pedal, I'll need to look into getting one one of these days.

Nice mood, nice playing.

Enjoyed the listen!

Thaks Dave for checking out the song. Gald you liked it
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/24/19 10:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
There was sort of an unexpected Island feel to this...Polynesia, to be more exact. Anyway, a very relaxing piece that just let me float away for a few minutes, so I had to go back for another float. Ahhhh.

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Scott,

this sure is different - very, very cool. Like TuneMonger I was immediately reminded on the Strawberry Fields Forever synth sound (dis they already have synths then...?)

The backing track is very nice and I love what and how you play. The whammy sound is great as well.

Really nice, enjoyed the listen a lot!

Stefan

Thanks Stefan Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Nice work on this Scott! Really dug the synth flutes too, they're a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Joe I appreciate the comments

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Loved the Whammy jammy! As others have stated, great guitar work and I dig the effect. Song is simultaneously comforting and electrifying.

Thanks Glad you liked the song

hi scott nice clean sound is that accel pedal your using or whammy bar enjoyed my listen cool tune eric

Thanks Eric. The pitch changes are done with a pedal manufactured by Digitech. This one is the V5. Has lots of other cool pitch tones that may show up in some new songs :-)

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Very attractive tune! Beautiful playing! Combination of Whammy and flutes is a winner.
Enjoyed this a lot.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks Misha for checking out the song. I am glad you liked it..
Posted By: rsdean Re: Whammy - 08/24/19 11:04 AM
Scott,

Love your tone... The mix sounds awesome and it certainly does have that "jam" feel.

Bob
Posted By: dcuny Re: Whammy - 08/24/19 12:42 PM
Cool! Not what I was expecting for a jam track, which was nice. Despite the strong connection to "Strawberry Fields", you made those Mellotron flutes your own.

FYI: I noticed there's an odd clicking at the intro just after the count-in, like some sort of encoding artifact. I listening using a couple browsers, just to make sure it wasn't a one-off thing.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 08/25/19 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Scott ...

I have to agree with all that's been said. A cool sound ... relaxing, dreamy and throws your cares right out the window. Enjoyed this a bunch. I've never had or used a Whammy pedal ... will have to check it out. Don't know a thing about it ... except that you created a wonderful sound with it.

Best to you ...

Alan

Thanks Alan for checking out the song I appreciate it. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Mark K
Really like the ElectroFlutes - sounds like flute Mellowtron. Three minutes goes by fast when listening to a well played track.

Thanks Mark Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

Love your tone... The mix sounds awesome and it certainly does have that "jam" feel.

Bob

Thanks Bob Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Cool! Not what I was expecting for a jam track, which was nice. Despite the strong connection to "Strawberry Fields", you made those Mellotron flutes your own.

FYI: I noticed there's an odd clicking at the intro just after the count-in, like some sort of encoding artifact. I listening using a couple browsers, just to make sure it wasn't a one-off thing.

Thanks David for checking out the song. Yes I didn't clip out all the count in at the first of the song and there is a bit of dissonance between two of the chord changes at the bigging of the song. Will fix it after the song fades of the main pages...
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Whammy - 08/30/19 02:02 PM
Nice one Scott!! Love the Beatlish electroflutes! Nice playing....Really dreamy sound! Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Whammy - 09/14/19 02:03 AM
Scott,

Strawberry Fields Forever flutes fit this tune very well.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Whammy - 09/14/19 05:45 AM
Hi Scott,

I always enjoy our lyrical works. I found this a pleasantly comfortable listen. For some reason it reminded me of Acker Bilk's "Stranger On The Shore"... not because they are musically similar but because your playing, like Acker Bilk's, made me feel relaxed as I sat here and listened.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Whammy - 09/14/19 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone for checking out the song I appreciate it
Posted By: musician17 Re: Whammy - 09/14/19 04:11 PM
Oh wow. Right up my alley, this one. Totally to my taste - and your performance is (objectively so, for me) nothing short of brilliant. It's as if that guitar talks to me! Well done.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Whammy - 09/14/19 04:47 PM
The solo in this sounds really awesome. Great use of RealTracks!
© PG Music Forums