when i hear you call my name
i'm a moth, you're the flame
i don't care if i get burned

i can't quit you...

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: 784:Bass, Electric, PopCrossover Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1412:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
RealTracks in song: 2678:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm BluesSw16GrooveBrent Sw16 085
RealTracks in song: 2686:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BluesSlow12-8BrentSimple Sw 065
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing16^1-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

Harmonies: the janettes (a bit of me, a whole bunch of Janice Merritt)

J&B - HUGE THANKS. As always...

Hope you enjoy it.
Comments welcome.
Have at it.

fj
Posted By: ROG Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 02:38 PM
Hi Floyd,

Hey, when did I ever get in first!

The beat threw me in the first bar - just not what I was expecting from reading the lyrics,
but it sure works for me. Is that the Hip-Hop drum track?

Anyway, a terrific groove going on and super vocals from you and Janice.

Clever lyrics, as always. How do you do that?

Loved the lead guitar, but wanted more of it. Have I said that before?

Still as professional as ever.

ROG.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 02:46 PM
that's a good one. I like the groove.

nice job on the lyrics.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 03:40 PM
I won't get into the specifics of the lyrics but there are some killer rhymes and rhyme structures going on in this song.

I really wanted to hit into your pacing/cadence. You may have had this "feel" before; but I don't remember it exactly like this. There is a very modern flow to it. Specifically the verses. I like it a lot! It all comes down to the styles you picked, your choice of rhyme placement, how many syllables you are choosing to use, and even the range of notes you are using.

THEN you it us with a VERY contrasted chorus! Brilliant! Yes, I know people talk about raising the note range to give it a lift, and use a different rhythm than you used in the verse...but you did it a very modern way, yet traditional way. It spans and ties in the old great writing and yet has that current edge to it. The jump and rhythms in the chorus again where great, and bold choices. That's writing with confidence and knowledge! Ya just can't beat that!

All coming in at 3:25 indicating your tempos and song structure are right on as well.

IF I'm nit-picking I didn't care for the end. Meaning, I did not like that it did that. Ended. That was a wrong choice in my book. wink

Posted By: rsdean Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 03:49 PM
Floyd,

This is an excellent country-pop song. I love the flow and swing of the music - you excel at this - it's a true talent.

Awesome vocal and some more great backing by Janice. Of course, the mix is stellar... smile

Loved it!

Bob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 06:30 PM

Only an ex-smoker could write lyrics such as this.
As always Floyd you give us your finest.
Thanks for sharing. Rob4580
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 09:26 PM
Quitting bad habits of any kind can be hard. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Posted By: dcuny Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/27/19 10:20 PM
As HearToLearn, clever rhymes and killer rhyme schemes.

Love the funky beat - the band's in excellent form. Nice licks you've chosen.

Great setup in the first two verses. So much narrative packed into so few words! Interestingly, verse three feels like a bridge.

Production is impeccable as always - clean and clear. Your singing is easygoing and expressive - that country wail on the high notes works so well, and Janice is on the lower harmony like a soft velvet pillow.

Can you tell I enjoyed it? wink
Posted By: rayc Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 12:15 AM
Like the best of bought ones!
The structure, rhyming scheme & metre are excellent yet despite the "structure" it flows like conversation - very cool.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 03:25 AM
Another winner, Floyd (and Janis).
(I kicked the smokes thirty years ago, by the way. A struggle at the time, but so glad I did.)
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Tangmo Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 04:05 AM
Three months since you bought smokes...but only 3 minutes since you bummed another one off a me. smile And we all know you invented "Jake's" just for the rhyme...but that's ok if you quit drinking.

Man, this just pops along. Great chair-dancing tune. I love the theme and the delivery, vocals and harmonies. Another great one.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 06:31 AM
When I first saw the title I thought you were going to do a Led Zeppelin cover eek

Love the way you write, I'm hopeless at it myself but can recognize the ability in others.

Favorite line among many:

"you give my angels wings and my devils voice"

Vocals of course are right in the pocket, and always enjoy hearing the janettes make an appearance.

Nice groove, drums sound great, and mix is top notch.

Sounds modern and old school at the same time, well done!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 11:46 AM
Really nicely done - I'm a big fan of the lyrics and your vocals on this one. It's really gentle and catchy. And even though I've never smoked cigarettes, the subject matter relates to us all in one way or another. I thought the mix on this was top notch as well.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

The beat threw me in the first bar - just not what I was expecting from reading the lyrics,

ROG.

ROG - Always glad to see you drop in... first!!

There are no drums involved until :35 - and then it's just the NashvilleSwing16... everything up to that point are the 2 acoustic and the bass providing that rhythm... Lead guitar? - gotta leave 'em wanting more, ya know, not wishing/wondering when you'll quit... smile

Thanks for the great review...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
that's a good one. I like the groove.

nice job on the lyrics.

Thanks, Herb...
Posted By: Robertkc Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 04:17 PM
Floyd,
Your lyrics here are so well crafted- just clever enough to grab interest without taking away the feeling that the experience is true.
A fine,relaxed sounding acoustic backing and that electric break fits beautifully.
The best part for me:your warm vocals - absolutely clear with great phrasing.

Robert
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 07:20 PM
Hi Floyd,

ROG.
Hi Floyd,

ROG.

Rog, thanks for mentioning the harmony. I’m always excited to get the Janettes call!

Janice
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/28/19 09:30 PM
Another pearl,FJ! Great lyrics, singing, and music. This song has so many hooks that you've exceeded the creel limit.
Posted By: PeterF Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/29/19 05:08 AM
floyd

Some clever intelligent lyrics, set to a beautifully mixed band.

Your vocals and of course the Janettes sound great.

An excellent piece of songwriting wonderfully presented.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/29/19 07:52 AM
Hi Floyd ...

I don't get here very often these days ... same reason as always. But, man, I'm so happy I got her to hear this one. There are so many things to like simply as a listener, yet so many intricate nuances from a musician's POV. So often, you have to sacrifice one, to a certain degree, to accomplish the other. There are no sacrifices on this one .. it's spot on from both POVs.

The B/G tracks are so fresh, yet the lyric and vocal delivery classic. The mix on your songs is almost never less than stellar. This song is a terrific example of why I say that. I particularly enjoyed the drum track. I think that's what defines the modern aspect. The first two verses are a great preamble to the killer chorus.

Those Janettes were in rare form! What a delight!

Wishing all involved the very best. Ya'll created one helluva song here and delivered with the same expertise and craftiness. You make it sound so easy! Excellent ...

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/30/19 10:17 AM
Very cool lyric Floyd. Super vocal. What a neat backtrack. Loved the beat. Guitar was excellent. Well done
Posted By: Crossroads Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/30/19 12:58 PM
Oh yes, Floyd, I enjoyed it.

And am I all wrong assuming that there's a lot of autobiagraphy in the lyrics? But could we at all think of musicians without those bad habits (at least in their younger days)? Regretingt most of what they put into themselves more and more whith every year knocking on their door (except for Keith Richards, of course)?

I think lots of us can relate - or at least I can...: Giving up bad habits, but never giving up the habit of loving THE one...

And what could make lyrics more appealing than having the feeling the singer is talking about yourself? A really great write, Floyd, again a very good write.

And a brilliant song with a great flow, nice instrumentation, as always stunningly well-sung and who wouldn't want to be backed up by the QUEEN herself- Janice, you're great even when you're really in the background.

Very enjoyable song, just the amount of sentimentality and nostalgia I like.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/30/19 03:08 PM
What a joy to listen to!!! The immediate hook is the rhythm.....just says "Hey, Listen"! Lyrics are so comfortable....roll off the tongue sounding so spontaneously. This is a case where being really, really clever makes it sound like you're not trying to be clever.......a neat trick for the craftsman who can pull it off. Another subtlety is how the words are chosen so they play into the rhythmic hook......WOW!! Musical/lyrical slight of hand. Janice is perfect with the harmonies! This song is a writing lesson in a song! WONDERFUL!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/30/19 05:41 PM
FJ and crew
A+ collaboration! I like fresh modern Country rock feel of this.
Lyrics shine! Probably a bit improper, but I would name it "My drug of choice" smile
Production is top tier, as usual.

P.S. There was a band from my youth, they had a song.., one of the lines was: "some kind of drug is what you need.." Their song, as this, was also not about drugs smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/30/19 08:02 PM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I won't get into the specifics of the lyrics but there are some killer rhymes and rhyme structures going on in this song.

I really wanted to hit into your pacing/cadence. You may have had this "feel" before; but I don't remember it exactly like this. There is a very modern flow to it. Specifically the verses. I like it a lot! It all comes down to the styles you picked, your choice of rhyme placement, how many syllables you are choosing to use, and even the range of notes you are using.

THEN you it us with a VERY contrasted chorus! Brilliant! Yes, I know people talk about raising the note range to give it a lift, and use a different rhythm than you used in the verse...but you did it a very modern way, yet traditional way. It spans and ties in the old great writing and yet has that current edge to it. The jump and rhythms in the chorus again where great, and bold choices. That's writing with confidence and knowledge! Ya just can't beat that!

All coming in at 3:25 indicating your tempos and song structure are right on as well.

IF I'm nit-picking I didn't care for the end. Meaning, I did not like that it did that. Ended. That was a wrong choice in my book. wink

What a nice review! I always love it when someone "gets me" smile smile smile ....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/31/19 10:07 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

This is an excellent country-pop song. I love the flow and swing of the music - you excel at this - it's a true talent.

Awesome vocal and some more great backing by Janice. Of course, the mix is stellar... smile

Loved it!

Bob

Thanks, Bob. We always appreciate your support... means a lot...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/31/19 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

Loved it!

Bob

Thank you Bob!

J&B
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I Can't Quit You - 08/31/19 10:08 PM
Hi floyd and Janice,

Both of you NEVER EVER disappoint. It is always a joy to listen to the two of you sing.

floyd, I really like how you've arranged the rhyme scheme in the two-verse system -- aabbcddeec -- it's very, very effective. Also, when I first heard 'enjoyed' and 'avoid' that grabbed my attention. It's a great rhyme and I cannot remember hearing it anything before.

I won't talk too long today because there are many songs that I'm behind on listening to and I need to catch up.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/01/19 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580

Only an ex-smoker could write lyrics such as this.
As always Floyd you give us your finest.
Thanks for sharing. Rob4580

Thanks for having a listen, Rob...

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Quitting bad habits of any kind can be hard. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Thanks for stopping in, Ember...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/02/19 10:42 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Great setup in the first two verses. So much narrative packed into so few words! Interestingly, verse three feels like a bridge.

Production is impeccable as always - clean and clear. Your singing is easygoing and expressive - that country wail on the high notes works so well, and Janice is on the lower harmony like a soft velvet pillow.

Yes! I can... thanks for the nice review, David. I always enjoy reading your observations on the song posted in the Showcase... (and your music!).

Originally Posted By: rayc
Like the best of bought ones!
The structure, rhyming scheme & metre are excellent yet despite the "structure" it flows like conversation - very cool.

Appreciate that, ray...
Posted By: jannesan Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/02/19 11:56 AM
Nicely swinging rhythm with good selection of instruments and great mix. Catchy chorus, works especially well with the Janettes smile Enjoyable quitting analogy.

Janne
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/02/19 12:02 PM
Another song from paradise. Sounded good with well written lyrics, arrangement, production and performance. I'll have to go back for a few more listens before I can fully absorb it all. The local weather channel was giving the latest update on TV as I listened to the song and distracted me as I tried to figure out what it cost you Floridians to turn Dorian away from the Florida coastline and take a trajectory straight to where I'm in the most likely crosshairs of landfall. wink
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/03/19 08:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
(I kicked the smokes thirty years ago, by the way. A struggle at the time, but so glad I did.)
Regards,
Leon

Leon - Glad you stopped by... (and stopped that habit smile )...great to be free...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/03/19 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Thank you David!

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/04/19 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Three months since you bought smokes...but only 3 minutes since you bummed another one off a me. smile And we all know you invented "Jake's" just for the rhyme...but that's ok if you quit drinking.

Man, this just pops along. Great chair-dancing tune. I love the theme and the delivery, vocals and harmonies. Another great one.

Tangmo... I do appreciate that nice review. Re: Jake's - it was not invented for the rhyme - rather for the obvious sense of being the name of a bar. The rhyme actually came later, so was secondary... A toast to you!! Thanks.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/05/19 08:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Regards,
Leon

Originally Posted By: Tangmo

Thanks Y’all!

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/05/19 12:05 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
When I first saw the title I thought you were going to do a Led Zeppelin cover eek

Love the way you write, I'm hopeless at it myself but can recognize the ability in others.

Vocals of course are right in the pocket, and always enjoy hearing the janettes make an appearance.

Dave - I'll be doing Zeppelin covers later in my musical life. smile
Thanks for the note on the write.
The jannetes appreciate the mention, I'm sure...
And, thanks for the comments on the mix and the sound... always good to get such comments from someone who's mixes always sparkle...

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nicely done - I'm a big fan of the lyrics and your vocals on this one. It's really gentle and catchy. And even though I've never smoked cigarettes, the subject matter relates to us all in one way or another. I thought the mix on this was top notch as well.

Thanks for sharing smile

Deryk - thanks for those nice comments on this one...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/05/19 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
Your lyrics here are so well crafted- just clever enough to grab interest without taking away the feeling that the experience is true.
A fine,relaxed sounding acoustic backing and that electric break fits beautifully.
The best part for me:your warm vocals - absolutely clear with great phrasing.

Robert

Robert...thanks for that very nice review
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/06/19 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Another pearl,FJ! Great lyrics, singing, and music. This song has so many hooks that you've exceeded the creel limit.

Always fishin' for a few more ear worms... smile Thanks for the nice comments, Ez..

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Peter

Thanks, Peter!! Always great to have those janettes along for the ride...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

I don't get here very often these days ... same reason as always. But, man, I'm so happy I got her to hear this one. There are so many things to like simply as a listener, yet so many intricate nuances from a musician's POV. So often, you have to sacrifice one, to a certain degree, to accomplish the other. There are no sacrifices on this one .. it's spot on from both POVs.

The B/G tracks are so fresh, yet the lyric and vocal delivery classic. The mix on your songs is almost never less than stellar. This song is a terrific example of why I say that. I particularly enjoyed the drum track. I think that's what defines the modern aspect. The first two verses are a great preamble to the killer chorus.

Wishing all involved the very best. Ya'll created one helluva song here and delivered with the same expertise and craftiness. You make it sound so easy! Excellent ...

Alan

Alan - thanks for that wonderful review!! Hope y'all are doing well...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool lyric Floyd. Super vocal. What a neat backtrack. Loved the beat. Guitar was excellent. Well done

Appreciate it, Scott....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/07/19 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Oh yes, Floyd, I enjoyed it.

And am I all wrong assuming that there's a lot of autobiagraphy in the lyrics? But could we at all think of musicians without those bad habits (at least in their younger days)? Regretingt most of what they put into themselves more and more whith every year knocking on their door (except for Keith Richards, of course)?

I think lots of us can relate - or at least I can...: Giving up bad habits, but never giving up the habit of loving THE one...

And what could make lyrics more appealing than having the feeling the singer is talking about yourself? A really great write, Floyd, again a very good write.

And a brilliant song with a great flow, nice instrumentation, as always stunningly well-sung and who wouldn't want to be backed up by the QUEEN herself- Janice, you're great even when you're really in the background.

Very enjoyable song, just the amount of sentimentality and nostalgia I like.

Take care,

Stefan

Stefan - thanks for that nice review. We'll let the "how much is autobiographical" remain a mystery... better that way... Yes, it is ALWAYS nice to have Janice backing me up on these...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
What a joy to listen to!!! The immediate hook is the rhythm.....just says "Hey, Listen"! Lyrics are so comfortable....roll off the tongue sounding so spontaneously. This is a case where being really, really clever makes it sound like you're not trying to be clever.......a neat trick for the craftsman who can pull it off. Another subtlety is how the words are chosen so they play into the rhythmic hook......WOW!! Musical/lyrical slight of hand. Janice is perfect with the harmonies! This song is a writing lesson in a song! WONDERFUL!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - it is always nice when a writer I respect finds the writing a "lesson"... means a lot to me.... THANKS!!!!
Posted By: Mark K Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/07/19 01:48 PM
Well crafted with great production. Enjoyed the harmonies with Janice. If you are the one smoking a pack a day, it doesn't show in your vocal:-)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/07/19 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ and crew
A+ collaboration! I like fresh modern Country rock feel of this.
Lyrics shine! Probably a bit improper, but I would name it "My drug of choice" smile
Production is top tier, as usual.

P.S. There was a band from my youth, they had a song.., one of the lines was: "some kind of drug is what you need.." Their song, as this, was also not about drugs smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Misha - Thanks for stopping in for a listen...
Posted By: beatmaster Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/07/19 06:44 PM
Hi Floyd

Nice one on this , I love the way you come up with the subjects/materials for the theme of your songs

I am on my way to my fourth year of quitting, so this was inspirational to say the least.

Have I got it right you are a quitting smoker ?. as has been said in a previous post you do not hear it in your voice.

Again mix , vocals , singers (both) as I've said before you make me want to do more stuff and that's a compliment.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/07/19 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Thanks Dave! I love that gig smile

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/08/19 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd and Janice,

Both of you NEVER EVER disappoint. It is always a joy to listen to the two of you sing.

floyd, I really like how you've arranged the rhyme scheme in the two-verse system -- aabbcddeec -- it's very, very effective. Also, when I first heard 'enjoyed' and 'avoid' that grabbed my attention. It's a great rhyme and I cannot remember hearing it anything before.

I won't talk too long today because there are many songs that I'm behind on listening to and I need to catch up.

All the best,
Noel

Noel - we certainly appreciate having you drop in for a listen. I thought that rhyme scheme might perk up your ears a bit smile

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Nicely swinging rhythm with good selection of instruments and great mix. Catchy chorus, works especially well with the Janettes smile Enjoyable quitting analogy.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...
Posted By: David Snyder Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/08/19 01:25 PM

Hey Floyd,

This is awesome man! Really ingenious lyrics as usual!

Really nice warm sound, too.

Congrats man. Beautiful.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/08/19 05:09 PM
Floyd,

Terrific intro on this—nice choice of instrumentation there. And a great write/vocals and (no surprise) excellent production. Cool stuff! Enjoyed my listen.

My best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Steve Young Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/08/19 11:01 PM
Once again, I have been out of pocket for a few weeks. When that happens, I usually look for whatever latest submission you have posted when I come back, because I just know it's going to be good.

This is one of my favorites of yours (and that's saying a lot - there's so much to choose from). The lyrics are so well done. And the recording/mix is spot on. Love the guitar lead towards the end.

Very nice!

Steve
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/09/19 11:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Another song from paradise. Sounded good with well written lyrics, arrangement, production and performance. I'll have to go back for a few more listens before I can fully absorb it all. The local weather channel was giving the latest update on TV as I listened to the song and distracted me as I tried to figure out what it cost you Floridians to turn Dorian away from the Florida coastline and take a trajectory straight to where I'm in the most likely crosshairs of landfall. wink

Charlie - I'm always pleased to see you drop by for a listen and comment. Thanks for the kind review.

Dorian spared us (we turn on every fan in the state and aim them east). There's more brewing out there....

Originally Posted By: Mark K
Well crafted with great production. Enjoyed the harmonies with Janice. If you are the one smoking a pack a day, it doesn't show in your vocal:-)

Mark - thanks for weighing in. Janice is a gem - my musical sister...

It is interesting, I think, that some of the greatest singer have been smokers... Aretha Franklin, Barbara Streisand, Adele, Dionne Warwick, Judy Garland...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/10/19 07:55 AM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Hi Floyd

Nice one on this , I love the way you come up with the subjects/materials for the theme of your songs

I am on my way to my fourth year of quitting, so this was inspirational to say the least.

Have I got it right you are a quitting smoker ?. as has been said in a previous post you do not hear it in your voice.

Again mix , vocals , singers (both) as I've said before you make me want to do more stuff and that's a compliment.

beatmaster - good to see you "back around"... thanks for having a go at this one....
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/10/19 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Peter

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

Alan

Thanks y’all for mentioning the janettes smile

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/11/19 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Floyd,

This is awesome man! Really ingenious lyrics as usual!

Really nice warm sound, too.

Congrats man. Beautiful.

Thanks, Mr Snyder!! Hope we'll see more of you soon...

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Terrific intro on this—nice choice of instrumentation there. And a great write/vocals and (no surprise) excellent production. Cool stuff! Enjoyed my listen.

My best to you,

Deej

Appreciate that, Deej...
Posted By: animarorecords Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/12/19 01:33 AM
floyd,

Excellent country-pop song!
The combination of rhythm guitar and arpeggio picking guitar has a very good effect.
Your vocals and Janice's harmonies are added to them and this song gets the great feeling.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I Can't Quit You - 09/12/19 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Once again, I have been out of pocket for a few weeks. When that happens, I usually look for whatever latest submission you have posted when I come back, because I just know it's going to be good.

This is one of my favorites of yours (and that's saying a lot - there's so much to choose from). The lyrics are so well done. And the recording/mix is spot on. Love the guitar lead towards the end.

Very nice!

Steve

Steve - Thanks for the kind comments...always look forward to your thoughts on my work....

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

Excellent country-pop song!
The combination of rhythm guitar and arpeggio picking guitar has a very good effect.
Your vocals and Janice's harmonies are added to them and this song gets the great feeling.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Always good to have you drop by for a listen. Nice to see you back around....
Posted By: edshaw Re: I Can't Quit You - 10/21/19 12:04 AM
This is tight, Floyd. Like the drum groove and the way you've worked the lyrics to it.
Posted By: Jim Re: I Can't Quit You - 10/29/19 02:55 PM
Good song...
Lyrics, mix, production, guitar playing...
And of course Janice's harmonies...
BTW you gave me an idea for a song hook...

"There ain't no way to escape...
The fate to which I'm bound...
Either smokes or booze or a woman...
Will put me in the ground"

Thanks!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I Can't Quit You - 10/29/19 11:02 PM
Classic set of lyrics, Floyd.

Vocal delivery second to none, including Janice, of course.

Musically it embodies the FJ skill set, no question.
© PG Music Forums