PG Music Home
I invited the robot. I provided her with the lyrics and the melody. But it just didn't work out, so here is the song without:

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/lazy-jazz-without-a-singing-robot-from-mars

Musicians from the Earth:
Bass: RT725
Guitar: RT2156
Piano: RT735
Tenor Sax: RT750
Drums: JazzBrushes2FeelAtB

Will
I really enjoyed your use of the saxophone. Nice job! Thanks for sharing.
Man, I hate it when that happens.

I listened carefully to the song, and I can verify that it indeed lacks any singing robots, Martian or otherwise.

A fine song - nicely mixed, like stepping into a jazz club with a more-than-competent band, and someone who was paying attention behind the mixing console. smile

But having gotten Chekov's gun in my head, I couldn't help but wonder: what would it have sounded like with a singing robot? wink
Really nice progression, Will. Love the small combo and all the lead turns. Nicely finished off with the bass solo before the final out. A very smooth and fully satisfying listen.
Very unique song title for sure - but I thoroughly enjoyed the tune smile It flows smooth as water, and the saxophone in this glides over the instrumentation perfectly. A really top notch arrangement - a fine mixing job on it too.

Thanks for sharing!
Very nice, Will.

Well paced. Well mixed.

It is amazing how good the BIAB jazz RTs are...

A good listen. Cool ending.

fj
Definitely works without any robot smile Superb progression and band plays like a dream, you have selected great soloists. Nice instrument breaks. BIAB can really play cool jazz. To my ears, this has the mood of a Scandinavian document from the 60's.

Janne
Thanks to all of you! I really appreciate your nice comments. I am - however - quite surprised that you were able to listen to the song, because when I log on to SoundCloud all my songs has disappeared...

Here is me praying that it is a temporary glitch...

Will
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Thanks to all of you! I really appreciate your nice comments. I am - however - quite surprised that you were able to listen to the song, because when I log on to SoundCloud all my songs has disappeared...

Here is me praying that it is a temporary glitch...

Will

I had the same problem today too.
Slithering cool! Love the sax part.
Will,
The bass is so smooth and soloists change at just the right moments. Love the progression,the relaxed feel,the ending.Beautifully produced too...who needs robot singers when you can make music this good without.

Robert
If anyone doubts the power and finesse of BiaB they need to listen to this composition.

Great progression, choice of RTs/RD and wrapped with a fine mix.

Kudos!

J&B
Dear Will,

no doubt that we have a lot of people here on the forum who sure know how to use their BIAB brilliantly. But as well no doubt that you're in the front of the front line of them - it's really amazing what you get out of our beloved software...

Although it's been all said, I gladly repeat it: Excellent chord progressions, fantastic choice of RTs, and the way you manage to use soloist tracks is amazing.

A truly great production and an immense pleasure to listen to - so 'clubby'. Since I know you like that style: Do you know the Charlie Byrd album 'Blues For Night People'? It has been released with a different (but similar) title on CD - it's one of the greatest albums of that genre I know.

And you're the 'King of Weird Song Titles' anyway (who would even try to top 'Will Goes To Bollywood'?)....

Love your stuff, I really do love your stuff !!!!

Take care,

Stefan
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Will,
The bass is so smooth and soloists change at just the right moments. Love the progression,the relaxed feel,the ending.Beautifully produced too...who needs robot singers when you can make music this good without.

Robert

Thanks for listening and your nice words! Really appreciate it!

Will
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If anyone doubts the power and finesse of BiaB they need to listen to this composition.

Great progression, choice of RTs/RD and wrapped with a fine mix.

Kudos!

J&B

You are too kind!!! Thanks a lot for listening and your comments!

Will
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Will,

no doubt that we have a lot of people here on the forum who sure know how to use their BIAB brilliantly. But as well no doubt that you're in the front of the front line of them - it's really amazing what you get out of our beloved software...

Although it's been all said, I gladly repeat it: Excellent chord progressions, fantastic choice of RTs, and the way you manage to use soloist tracks is amazing.

A truly great production and an immense pleasure to listen to - so 'clubby'. Since I know you like that style: Do you know the Charlie Byrd album 'Blues For Night People'? It has been released with a different (but similar) title on CD - it's one of the greatest albums of that genre I know.

And you're the 'King of Weird Song Titles' anyway (who would even try to top 'Will Goes To Bollywood'?)....

Love your stuff, I really do love your stuff !!!!

Take care,

Stefan

Thanks for all your kind comments, Stefan.
I will take a listen to that Charlie Byrd album - it is always nice to get recommendations. Maybe it will inspire me to change the way I express myself in music.

Thanks again for listening!
Will
Excellent tune. Loved the title. Had me looking for the robot too.. Sax was excellent
Thanks for listening and your kind comments, Scott. It's very much appreciated!

Take care!
Will
Perfect listen to enjoy a tea on a Saturday morning.
Hey Will,

Cool tune! Nice progression and instrument choices, and I like the way you have balanced all the parts. Nice job on the mix too.

Great title too!
Hi Mark and Dave,

Thanks for listening and your nice comments!

Will
Hi Will,

This truly is stunning to listen to. You have a wonderful ability to orchestrate with sounds that complement one another really well. Your harmonic progressions shine and your production leaves me thinking, "Wow... the clarity of this is exceptional... how does he do it?"

First-class listening from beginning to end.

All the best,
Noel
Will,

Very cool!
Your way to make the jazz sound is amazing.
The guitar solo is wonderful.
Great choice of RT.
At the same time I miss the lyrics and the melody.
I can't help but praying the robot will just work out next time.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Hi Will
The title of this one had me intrigued and, like David, was disappointed that there indeed was no singing robot smile
Enjoyed the smooth listen!
"Will Josef"...

Your composition, "Lazy Jazz..." has that luxuriantly languid, softly soulful, after-hours feel that only the genre of jazz seems equipped to articulate with such coolly emotional expressiveness.

Your progression brings out the absolute best of the Real Track artists you chose to perform the song.

All in all, it's a moody, romantic and quietly memorable listening experience.

- bluage -
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Will,

This truly is stunning to listen to. You have a wonderful ability to orchestrate with sounds that complement one another really well. Your harmonic progressions shine and your production leaves me thinking, "Wow... the clarity of this is exceptional... how does he do it?"

First-class listening from beginning to end.

All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel,

Thanks for your very, very kind words about my song. It is very much appreciated!

Will
Hi Shigeki and Joanne,

I appreciated that you listened and commented. I tried hard to get the vocals to work but it just didn't sound good. Will try again later.

Thanks for listening!
Will
Originally Posted By: bluage
"Will Josef"...

Your composition, "Lazy Jazz..." has that luxuriantly languid, softly soulful, after-hours feel that only the genre of jazz seems equipped to articulate with such coolly emotional expressiveness.

Your progression brings out the absolute best of the Real Track artists you chose to perform the song.

All in all, it's a moody, romantic and quietly memorable listening experience.

- bluage -

ยจ

You are so kind, Blueage,,, you make me blush...

Thanks for taking time to listen - it is very much appreciated!

Will
Love the feel of this WIll! A really pleasant tune with a nice mix!! Take care. Greg
Will,
Please seduce that robot! We want a singing robot!
Acoustically very pleasant arrangement. Chording is tricky, but goes into ears smoothly. Mixed top notch! Enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing!
Misha.
Very nice. Radio ready!
That is so nice. Great work, Will.
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Love the feel of this WIll! A really pleasant tune with a nice mix!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for listening, Greg!

Will
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Will,
Please seduce that robot! We want a singing robot!
Acoustically very pleasant arrangement. Chording is tricky, but goes into ears smoothly. Mixed top notch! Enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing!
Misha.

Thanks a lot for your nice comments, Misha!

will
Originally Posted By: JimmyJones
Very nice. Radio ready!

Originally Posted By: edshaw
That is so nice. Great work, Will.

Thanks for listening to both of you. Much appreciated!

Will
Hi Will! Man I love this tune you put together! Yes I could imagine a sultry Jazz vocal applied to this but it stands on it's own without it! Thanks, Torrey
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi Will! Man I love this tune you put together! Yes I could imagine a sultry Jazz vocal applied to this but it stands on it's own without it! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks a lot, Torrey! For listening and for your kind comment. Very much appreciated!

Will
You put together a sensational group of musicians.

Both the Sax and Guitar parts played in the cracks perfectly.

Real nice, no question.
Thanks a lot for your kind comments, Videotrack. Very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Jim Re: Lazy Jazz Without A Singing Robot From Mars - 11/14/19 05:32 PM
I almost missed this one...
Glad I didn't...
Smoky & cool...
Sounds like a jazz piece that would fit quite well in a film noir movie...
I enjoyed it!
Thanks for your kind words, Jim.
© PG Music Forums