PG Music Home
Amazing!

I recently discovered that earlier this year, a TV station in Turkey used my song "Dare To Dream The Impossible". This is the first time ever that I've made some royalties from a song written, arranged, performed and produced entirely by me.

In all honesty, I'm blown away by the fact that I can write a song here in Australia, it is heard by someone in Turkey and they like it enough to attach it to something on TV, and my copyright registration directs them back to me....

It seems like it's true... IMPOSSIBLE = I'M POSSIBLE

After listening to "Dare To Dream" again, I can hear just how far my production and singing skills have come in 6 years. Looks like it's time to revisit this one and apply a bit of present day pizzazz to it!

Anyway....At the moment I feel like celebrating so here is the song, warts and all. I hope it inspires someone and encourages songwriters to appreciate what PG Music, Band In A Box and the Users Showcase forum make possible for all of us. I'm so thankful and I feel so lucky that I discovered them.

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/62522252

AUDIO (and Lead-Sheet): https://soundcloud.com/noel-adams/dare-to-dream-the-impossible

I'll get around to bringing it up-to-date sometime in the future. In the meantime, I hope you are able to enjoy it for what it is.

Regards,
Noel

The BIAB Band

521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 065
869:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockWarmA-B Ev 065
872:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockFunkyA-B Ev 065
019: Midi Supertrack 01 Organ, Electric, Rock Sforzando
RealDrums: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Great to hear this again, Noel.

Congratulations on the placement!

It is inevitable that Noel-dreaming-the-impossible would turn it into the possible.

fj
Noel,

This was a great song and performance. Congratulations on the royalties! Great news!

Bob
Congrats, Noel! Really enjoyed my listen - nicely catchy, and a great groove as well. I thought the mix job was concise and professional too.

Thanks for sharing smile
Congrats are in order! Fantastic job on this one. It must feel nice to be able to collect some royalties!
A toast to talent, hard work, and serendipitty! It's a wonderful feel good positive song. And hope you have many more placements. Well deserved Noel!!!
Well Done Noel!

Incidentally, I feel the same way as you. "Lucky to have discovered this product"!
Really fine, uplifting piece. The band and singer sound good to me, but it's inspiring that you are yet committed to honing and not resting on $4.00 worth of laurels.
Well done Noel.
Proud of you mate. Rob4580
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Great to hear this again, Noel.

Congratulations on the placement!

It is inevitable that Noel-dreaming-the-impossible would turn it into the possible.

fj

Thanks, floyd! I appreciate that you had time for a re-listen. This song was assembled using the Ultrapak and it sounds pretty good!

All the best,
Noel
Cashed up downunder!
Well done Noel.
Money sin't validation or justification but it can be a nice tip of the hat.
COOL song - no shock it was picked up.
Very cool Noel a!

I think on one of the major streaming platforms your would have to get thousands of streams to earn that amount.
It's amazing somebody didn't just rip it off. Good for you!

So what do we think about it? How about what we said six years ago in the original post:

"To quote Janice "Great lyrics and reminds me of early Beatles." We just streamed it from phone to our living room sound system. Great sound all the way around. Will watch the video when we gravitate to the computer room, i.e., after more coffee. Another good one for sure!!"

Nice

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

I think on one of the major streaming platforms your would have to get thousands of streams to earn that amount.

Yes, my sentiments exactly. I'm really happy to hear that they were able to collect on their royalties, especially considering the type of digital age we live in where most people just take what they want and don't ask any questions about who they might be negatively impacting by doing so when it comes to music.
Good song, Noel! First time I hear it. It is cool that you now have an audience in Turkey!!! Maybe I will travel to your first concert in Istanbul (very nice city)...

Very well done!
Will
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Noel,

This was a great song and performance. Congratulations on the royalties! Great news!

Bob

Thanks Bob. I'm still smiling smile
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Congrats, Noel! Really enjoyed my listen - nicely catchy, and a great groove as well. I thought the mix job was concise and professional too.

Thanks for sharing smile

Hi Deryk,

Thanks for dropping by. This was the UltraPlusPak (2013) and even listening to this song after using the Audiophile version of BIAB for a few years, the instruments still sound terrific. BIAB is such a great songwriting tool! I couldn't have written all the songs I have without it.

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Congrats are in order! Fantastic job on this one. It must feel nice to be able to collect some royalties!

Hi Ember,

Thank you!!! I'm over the moon with actually getting some royalties. How good is that! The amount is irrelevant. It's just good to know that someone liked my music enough to pay for it.

I appreciate the visit smile
Noel
Love your songs Noel. Such a positive message. Super vocal and lyric. Such a nice listen. Well done
Hi Noel,

Now you see? Nothing is impossible. If even Erdogan is at your feet. That was realy an impossible thought, but look, you did it.
And I know why... It's a good song, strongly performanced, with good vocals and nice -kind of- sweet lyrics (if you know what I mean).
Very well done!

Hans
Originally Posted By: Sundance
A toast to talent, hard work, and serendipitty! It's a wonderful feel good positive song. And hope you have many more placements. Well deserved Noel!!!

Thanks, Josie! You hit the nail on the head... that 'serendipity' factor is the big one!

Even if no-one else ever expresses interest in one of my songs again, I have this little bit of a milestone to bring a few smiles!

I appreciate that you found time to have a listen.

All the best,
Noel
Noel,
Congrats on recognition! It is a very cool, masterfully done tune!
P.S. I feel that those TV folks could of sent you a box of tasty Turkish sweets as a compliment smile
Thank you for sharing the song and the story!

Misha.
A nice song Noel!! Well done all around....your mixes are always clean and professional sounding! Take care. Greg
Well done, Noel! I knew you would hit it big someday! Seriously, I am always excited for anyone who is taken seriously at this elusive art of songwriting. It's always encouraging to be noticed at whatever level for your passions!

Last year I got a small check from ASCAP for one of my songs appearing on TV in Latvia. I was so excited! If Andy Kaufman were still alive, I would have hunted him down to celebrate with me!

By the way, can I borrow $3 from you? (I don't want to take your last dollar!)

Big congratulations, my friend! Keep dreaming the impossible, and writing those wonderful encouraging, positive songs!

Steve
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Well Done Noel!

Incidentally, I feel the same way as you. "Lucky to have discovered this product"!

Thanks, Joanne. To be honest, though, my songs wouldn't have made it out of my front door without BIAB let alone Turkey!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Really fine, uplifting piece. The band and singer sound good to me, but it's inspiring that you are yet committed to honing and not resting on $4.00 worth of laurels.

Thanks for listening Tangmo! I'm trying not to let being a multi-dollaraire go to my head smile

Appreciate the visit!
Noel
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Well done Noel.
Proud of you mate. Rob4580

Hi Rob! Thank you smile I'm glad you found time to drop in.

All the best,
Noel
Noel,

Congratulations on the royalties! Great news!
I listened to this song for the first time.
It is a great song and performance.
Uplifting and positive.
It is exactly the usual Noel sound.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
'Noel96'...

It's easy for me understand why the folks at the Turkish T.V. station liked your song. The lyrics are affirmative, and you couldn't have chosen a more emblematic historical figure than Christopher Columbus to embody the song's upbeat call to the listeners to act on their dreams.

The music is cheery, hopeful, and danceable, even, which should make it appealing to children as well as adults. It makes the song fun to listen to.

May I ask in what context the song was used on the T.V. station?

- bluage -
Originally Posted By: rayc
Cashed up downunder!
Well done Noel.
Money isn't validation or justification but it can be a nice tip of the hat.
COOL song - no shock it was picked up.

Ahhh Ray... 'cashed up'?... with our present exchange rate with the rest of the world, I'd better hang on to these four dollars for the moment. Hmmm... I wonder if I should frame APRA's statement and sit it in front of me as incentive smile

Seriously, though.... thank you for dropping in. I always appreciate your visits and I'm very thankful for your thoughts.

All the best,
Noel
Very cool Noel a!

So what do we think about it? How about what we said six years ago in the original post:

"To quote Janice "Great lyrics and reminds me of early Beatles." We just streamed it from phone to our living room sound system. Great sound all the way around. Will watch the video when we gravitate to the computer room, i.e., after more coffee. Another good one for sure!!"

Nice

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud,

You know, Janice is always too kind with her words but I really do like reading them. When I first read them a few years ago, I smiled and laughed. Today, I smiled again and laughed again. Thank you for that!

May good things come your way,
Noel

P.S. I have no idea why I wasn't ripped off but I'm really grateful that the TV station was honorable. It's been a long time since I experienced any excitement that equaled finding out about this smile
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music

Yes, my sentiments exactly. I'm really happy to hear that they were able to collect on their royalties, especially considering the type of digital age we live in where most people just take what they want and don't ask any questions about who they might be negatively impacting by doing so when it comes to music.

Ember,

You work for the BEST company in the world smile I'm so glad that PG Music is part of my life. Band in a Box has opened doors all over the place.... even in Turkey it seems!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Good song, Noel! First time I hear it. It is cool that you now have an audience in Turkey!!! Maybe I will travel to your first concert in Istanbul (very nice city)...

Very well done!
Will

Hey Will!

My goodness... I'd never even thought about a concert. Never having performed in public, though, I'd probably be a wreck and the one of two people that came along would be upset because they wouldn't get their money's worth. On reflection, Istanbul is better off without me smile

Thank you for visiting and giving me some good food for thought. It's always good to see you!

All the best,
Noel
Congratulations Noel. It's a really nice song and production. I see the $4 as very important. I'll wager a dollar to a doughnut you will think of this song when you're writing and recording your next song... It's true that $4 received can be more inspirational and rewarding than a $4,000 check that never comes... $4 is just a reflection of the achievement that your song was C-H-O-S-E-N above all others.
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love your songs Noel. Such a positive message. Super vocal and lyric. Such a nice listen. Well done

Hi Scott,

I always smile when I see that you've dropped by. Thank you for taking the time. And I appreciate the kind comments!

All the best,
Noel
Noel,

It’s a terrific tune . . . deserves a lot more recognition than $4 can buy, but in this market let’s appreciate anything we can get for our efforts. Impressive write and performance . . . hoping you see a lot more zeros behind that $4.

My best regards to you,

Deej
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Noel,

Now you see? Nothing is impossible. If even Erdogan is at your feet. That was really an impossible thought, but look, you did it.
And I know why... It's a good song, strongly performanced, with good vocals and nice -kind of- sweet lyrics (if you know what I mean).
Very well done!

Hans

Hi Hans,

Thank you for taking time to visit the thread and give my song a listen. I really appreciate. Also, that you for your thoughts. I appreciate those, too.

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Noel,
Congrats on recognition! It is a very cool, masterfully done tune!
P.S. I feel that those TV folks could of sent you a box of tasty Turkish sweets as a compliment smile
Thank you for sharing the song and the story!

Misha.

Hey Misha!

It's always good to see you. Thank you! I love Turkish Delight.... yummmm! That would have certainly taken this little minor success to new heights. But, as it is, I'm more than happy with $4... I still laugh when I think about it! How amazing is this modern world!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A nice song Noel!! Well done all around....your mixes are always clean and professional sounding! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you! I'm glad you had time to drop in and have a listen. I always value your thoughts.

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Well done, Noel! I knew you would hit it big someday! Seriously, I am always excited for anyone who is taken seriously at this elusive art of songwriting. It's always encouraging to be noticed at whatever level for your passions!

Last year I got a small check from ASCAP for one of my songs appearing on TV in Latvia. I was so excited! If Andy Kaufman were still alive, I would have hunted him down to celebrate with me!

By the way, can I borrow $3 from you? (I don't want to take your last dollar!)

Big congratulations, my friend! Keep dreaming the impossible, and writing those wonderful encouraging, positive songs!

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thank you! I really appreciate your post. And of course you can borrow $3... just know that the exchange rate here is very poor right now so don't get your hopes up too high smile

Congratulations on the Latvian success! That's awesome and very, very well deserved!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Noel,

Congratulations on the royalties! Great news!
I listened to this song for the first time.
It is a great song and performance.
Uplifting and positive.
It is exactly the usual Noel sound.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi,

Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate it. Now if only I had a little more in royalties, I'd fly over to Japan and take some arranging lessons from you smile I've just been listening to "恋のレッスン" and your musical prowess is of the highest calibre!

Thanks again for listening,
Noel
Originally Posted By: bluage
'Noel96'...

It's easy for me understand why the folks at the Turkish T.V. station liked your song. The lyrics are affirmative, and you couldn't have chosen a more emblematic historical figure than Christopher Columbus to embody the song's upbeat call to the listeners to act on their dreams.

The music is cheery, hopeful, and danceable, even, which should make it appealing to children as well as adults. It makes the song fun to listen to.

May I ask in what context the song was used on the T.V. station?

- bluage -

Hi Loren,

It's good to see. Thank you for passing through the thread and having a listen. I really appreciate it. The statement from my PRO (namely, APRA) doesn't give any indication as to how the song was used so I cannot offer any enlightenment regarding that. Hopefully they used it kindly smile

Thanks again for visiting.
Noel
I like that! Very nice song and the video is really well thought out to go with it. And well done getting a song played in a country you probably never dreamed it would reach!
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Congratulations Noel. It's a really nice song and production. I see the $4 as very important. I'll wager a dollar to a doughnut you will think of this song when you're writing and recording your next song... It's true that $4 received can be more inspirational and rewarding than a $4,000 check that never comes... $4 is just a reflection of the achievement that your song was C-H-O-S-E-N above all others.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks a ton for visiting. I sincerely appreciate your comments. Without any doubt at all, this is the best $4 I've ever received!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Noel,

It’s a terrific tune . . . deserves a lot more recognition than $4 can buy, but in this market let’s appreciate anything we can get for our efforts. Impressive write and performance . . . hoping you see a lot more zeros behind that $4.

My best regards to you,

Deej

Hi Deej,

Thanks for the thumbs up! Songwriting is a hobby for me and one that's only possible because of Band In A Box. I love being about to select a style, set it going and see where creativity takes me. Every time I open BIAB, I say "thank you" to Peter Gannon and his team.

I appreciate that you had time to drop in and listen!

Thanks again,
Noel
Originally Posted By: RichardB1985
I like that! Very nice song and the video is really well thought out to go with it. And well done getting a song played in a country you probably never dreamed it would reach!

Hi Richard.

Thank you. If I'm recalling correctly, this song actually started with the title "Dare to dream the impossible" and grew from there. This is unusual for me as I often start with a verse that eventually leads to a title. An your right... I would never imagined that this would be picked up in Turkey!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen. I'm very grateful!

Noel
Excellent write...
I really enjoyed listening...
As well as watching your well-crafted video!
Originally Posted By: Jim
Excellent write...
I really enjoyed listening...
As well as watching your well-crafted video!

Hi Jim,

Thank you! I really appreciate your visit and comments.

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums