PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Ode to a Minor - 09/14/19 10:53 PM
Has been raining allot here lately an summer is just about done here. So feeling a little blue. This one is called

Ode to a Minor

Hope you like it.

The band:

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Ode to a Minor
File:Ode to a Minor.SGU
Key=Gm , Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=2:08
No intro. 12 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 12. Repeat x3 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is M_BLZ128.STY (Slow 12/8 Bluesy Band w/ Piano)
PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand Sforzando.tgs
RealTracks in style: 533:Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 1886:Piano, Solo-Accompaniment Bluesy12-8John Sw 060
RealTracks in style: ~526:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 2734:Organ, Rhythm BluesSlow128Mike Sw 065
RealDrums [in style:Nashville128^06-a:HiHat, b:Ride

Guitar: Les Paul Amp is a Marshall
Effects Eventide H9 JHS Archer(Klon Clone) Boss CS-2
Posted By: rayc Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 02:13 AM
A vert old timey Dobro like tone on the intro guitar Scott. The 2nd sounds more modern.
Nice tones.
I have to admit that you sounded a little under rehearsed on a few runs - but only a few.
I'd be more comfy with a change of title - it has connotations.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 05:31 AM
Nice one, Scott!

I love the tone on both of the guitars, and the conversation they are having.

Listened twice, good stuff!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 08:54 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
A vert old timey Dobro like tone on the intro guitar Scott. The 2nd sounds more modern.
Nice tones.
I have to admit that you sounded a little under rehearsed on a few runs - but only a few.
I'd be more comfy with a change of title - it has connotations.

Thanks for checking out the song. Yes some of the runs were very new to me and did not flow as well as I would have liked. It will be a staple in my daily playlist so will revise it down the road a bit. Past memories pop into my heead all the time. When I was picking the key to play in I choose a G Minor. Right then I thought of a trip to Barkerville which is a 1880 mining town in the interior of British Columbia. So it was a bit of a play on words.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 08:57 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice one, Scott!

I love the tone on both of the guitars, and the conversation they are having.

Listened twice, good stuff!

Thanks Dave. This H9 is a Pandora's box of effects. Some very unusual tones. Lots of exploring to do. Thanks for checking out the song.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 09:49 AM
Scott,

You have tremendous tone and feel... Love this. It works so well with the band you have selected.

Just great work.

Bob
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 10:28 AM
Hi Scott,

yes, I do like it!

Very beautiful tone on the guitars, nice melodic lines - and I have the feeling I caught the mood you were in.

Bye summer, hi autumn.

Liked this a lot.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 11:35 AM
Scott,

Really like this one. Your guitar tone on this is prefect for the haunting melody...

Well done. A good listen...

fj
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 02:08 PM
Scott,
I like the tonal difference in guitars and moody feel...mine doesn`t usually darken `til winter arrives. Keep playing through it like this- its a good soundtrack of the inner seasons!

Robert
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 03:16 PM
Hey Scott,

I don't have a vast background in musical terminology, so I'll keep it simple. The guitar work evokes a floating, mellow sensation. Very enjoyable listen.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 04:26 PM
I thought I was hearing a dobro or lap steel for the first few bars...cool fx.

Nice band and you have that snare pop going. Love it.

The melody and guitar performance are very moody in an engaging way...haunting somewhat.

As alway, well done!

J&B
Posted By: edshaw Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/15/19 11:55 PM
You sure have a knack for drawing a lot of expression out of a few phrases. Les Paul tone hard to miss.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/16/19 03:45 AM
Hi Scott
I enjoyed that very much on this Monday morning. Well done!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/16/19 04:25 AM
Scott
You could pass some of the rain down to us - nasty drought here.

Nice dreamy bluesy guitar, sounds very nice - well played throughout.

Peter
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/16/19 11:55 AM
Nicely done! Some great chords, and a lovely atmospheric vibe to it. We've been getting lots of rain over on the west coast here too in B.C. and this tune fits the dreary ambiance here too. Really dreamy, and some awesome tones laced throughout.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/17/19 04:45 PM
Hi Scott,

I love your thoughtful, lyrical playing. The backing and your melody created a pleasurable yet mysterious feeling in my mind. It was quite magical. I'm not sure how your did that, but I was impressed!

Another fine work to add to your collection!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/17/19 07:46 PM
hi scott I like the message in the guitar work as well enjoyed very much perfect with backing tracks eric
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/18/19 07:48 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

You have tremendous tone and feel... Love this. It works so well with the band you have selected.

Just great work.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Scott,

yes, I do like it!

Very beautiful tone on the guitars, nice melodic lines - and I have the feeling I caught the mood you were in.

Bye summer, hi autumn.

Liked this a lot.

Take care,

Stefan

Thanks Stephan. The ability to create these backtracks has kept me plying for a lot of years. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Really like this one. Your guitar tone on this is prefect for the haunting melody...

Well done. A good listen...

fj

Thanks so much Floyd. Your comments mean allot to me. Glad you liked the song..

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Scott,
I like the tonal difference in guitars and moody feel...mine doesn`t usually darken `til winter arrives. Keep playing through it like this- its a good soundtrack of the inner seasons!

Robert

Thanks Robert. Got a little distracted on this one. Started out testing the new shure mic and focusrite recording setup and next thing you know it turned into a song. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/18/19 07:58 AM
Minor Pentatonic? I don't know for sure, but this has a feel I hear quite a bit this side of the great water. Thus it feels very familiar and oddly comforting and "Asian", though it is no doubt sad and "mysterious". The spare band and high-and-lonesome tone along with your beautifully delivered licks are a wonderful package. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/18/19 08:52 AM
Scott,

A very mysterious vibe and delivery. The guitar lines sound great. Awesome backing and mix.

Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/18/19 11:47 AM
Very nice. Like has been said, a haunting melody. I like that. Good guitar tones.

Really enjoyed listening to this one.

Steve
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/18/19 11:00 PM
Scott,
Beautiful playing! Smooth and sad. Arrangement works very well with your guitar. Enjoyed it a lot!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/19/19 10:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Hey Scott,

I don't have a vast background in musical terminology, so I'll keep it simple. The guitar work evokes a floating, mellow sensation. Very enjoyable listen.

Thank you. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I thought I was hearing a dobro or lap steel for the first few bars...cool fx.

Nice band and you have that snare pop going. Love it.

The melody and guitar performance are very moody in an engaging way...haunting somewhat.

As alway, well done!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud. Have been playing with a new effects pedal. It is kind of like a swiss army knife. Sounds are all based of algorithms with infinite adjustments. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
You sure have a knack for drawing a lot of expression out of a few phrases. Les Paul tone hard to miss.

Thanks Ed. This particular guitar is my favorite one. So much fun to play. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Scott
I enjoyed that very much on this Monday morning. Well done!

Thank you Joanne for checking out my song. I really appreciate it. I am so glad you liked it..
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/22/19 02:46 PM
Sweet, bluesy tune Scott!! Summer is about gone here but I am celebrating.......too damn hot here for me in the Summer. Really nicely done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Mark K Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/22/19 07:36 PM
Song is perfect to match my mood of slightly depressed (too much rain here preventing me from getting some projects completed), yet with a tint of hope. Nothing can be played as expressively as guitar (except vocal if you consider that an instrument) and you do a great job at it.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/22/19 10:05 PM
Oh, I like that sound. It reminds me of some old Pink Floyd tunes.
Really well done, Scott!

Will
Posted By: Scott C Re: Ode to a Minor - 09/23/19 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott
You could pass some of the rain down to us - nasty drought here.

Nice dreamy bluesy guitar, sounds very nice - well played throughout.

Peter

Thanks Peter

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nicely done! Some great chords, and a lovely atmospheric vibe to it. We've been getting lots of rain over on the west coast here too in B.C. and this tune fits the dreary ambiance here too. Really dreamy, and some awesome tones laced throughout.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks Derek

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott,

I love your thoughtful, lyrical playing. The backing and your melody created a pleasurable yet mysterious feeling in my mind. It was quite magical. I'm not sure how your did that, but I was impressed!

Another fine work to add to your collection!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel Really appreciate your comments/ Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi scott I like the message in the guitar work as well enjoyed very much perfect with backing tracks eric

Thanks Eric

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Minor Pentatonic? I don't know for sure, but this has a feel I hear quite a bit this side of the great water. Thus it feels very familiar and oddly comforting and "Asian", though it is no doubt sad and "mysterious". The spare band and high-and-lonesome tone along with your beautifully delivered licks are a wonderful package. Much enjoyed.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.

Yes a little pentatonics in there :-). Try and give the songs a different feel and melody and still try and stay close to the style. Lots of experimentation. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

A very mysterious vibe and delivery. The guitar lines sound great. Awesome backing and mix.

Excellent!

Bob

Thanks Bob

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Very nice. Like has been said, a haunting melody. I like that. Good guitar tones.

Really enjoyed listening to this one.

Steve

Thanks Steve Glad you liked the song

Thanks Misha

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sweet, bluesy tune Scott!! Summer is about gone here but I am celebrating.......too damn hot here for me in the Summer. Really nicely done!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg Glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: Mark K
Song is perfect to match my mood of slightly depressed (too much rain here preventing me from getting some projects completed), yet with a tint of hope. Nothing can be played as expressively as guitar (except vocal if you consider that an instrument) and you do a great job at it.

Thanks Mark Glad you liked the song

Oh, I like that sound. It reminds me of some old Pink Floyd tunes.
Really well done, Scott!

Will

Thanks Will
Posted By: Jim Re: Ode to a Minor - 10/27/19 01:16 PM
Great job Scott on this moody & haunting tune...
But I always enjoy listening to your work!
© PG Music Forums