PG Music Home
Posted By: TuneMonger Another Lover - 09/18/19 05:37 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/another-lover

RTs: bass 464, guitar 2826, alto 2140, soprano sax 2413, bossa brushes. Vocals by Sam Ford of fiverr

Another Lover

You've got the look of another lover written on your face,
I've seen that look before in my life,
If I were to hold you it'd be such a polite embrace
Like a hostess at her door, quick and casual nothing more,

It used to be that we made sparks from just a simple touch
Electric passion few have known
Now you've got the look of another lover in your dark brown eyes
And I've got the look of a man soon to be alone

I'll have to find another lover somewhere in this world,
A longing written on her face,
All the void expressions, what's the chance she will emerge?
Eyes were made for seeing but, also love they must construct,

It used to be that we made sparks from just a simple touch
Electric passion few have known
Now you've got the look of another lover in your dark brown eyes
And I've got the look of a man soon to be alone
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Another Lover - 09/18/19 10:33 PM
TuneMonger,

Cool jazzy bossa tune! Kept me engaged all the way. I believe Sam caught the vibe pretty well on this. Composition and arrangement is solid. Mix is great too, with minor nuance. I think
"breath control" plugin would help vocals to settle it better. Just an opinion.. Enjoyed it!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Another Lover - 09/19/19 10:22 AM
Nicely done! Love the bossa grooves on this one, and thought the vocals flowed gorgeously with the instrumentation. Really catchy, and I like how easy to take it is. The solos added a lot of character too, I found.

Great work and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Another Lover - 09/19/19 10:49 AM
"... a polite embrace
Like a hostess at her door, quick and casual nothing more"

Nice.

A pleasant listen (for a "sad" song...). Nicely nixed.

fj
Posted By: rsdean Re: Another Lover - 09/19/19 12:08 PM
TuneMonger,

This was a great write... Good mix and vocal by Sam.

I really enjoyed this one.

Bob
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Another Lover - 09/19/19 08:03 PM
Your vocalist does an excellent job expressing the lyrics- which are interesting all the way through.
The backing is really smooth-nice choices of RT`s.
The ending is abrupt- maybe it works, though I could hear the sax signing off mournfully!

Robert
Posted By: rayc Re: Another Lover - 09/19/19 08:47 PM
Nice smooth backing.
The vocalist is pretty good but he does duff a few spots here n there.
Being such an intimate vocal in style & confessional lyric I reckon you ought to address the very few plosives & sibilant spots to make it even more engaging.
I suspect the extended solo loses some of the song's momentum as it doesn't really call up the melody or come up with a catchy alternative. The only ways to fix that would be to shorten the solo or throw a modulation on the verse after it.
Cool stuff though.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Another Lover - 09/19/19 09:23 PM
The lyrics painted a really clear image and you could feel the emotions as if they were really happening. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Another Lover - 09/20/19 07:47 AM
Cool vocal. Interesting style of music. NOt familiar with it. Does have a cool rhythm to it . Sax is cool. Well done
Posted By: dcuny Re: Another Lover - 09/21/19 01:31 AM
Good write, pleasantly sung.

I enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Another Lover - 09/21/19 02:06 AM
Tunemonger,

Sweet vibe to this . . . . terrific write with some compelling lines and nice vox. Could easily see myself hanging out in chill nightclub digging the band playing this tune. Hold on a second . . . closing my eyes now . . . yup, I’m there. Thanks for the trip!

Good stuff!

My best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Another Lover - 09/21/19 02:07 PM
We've listened to a bit of Bossa over the years and much liked this.

Your vocalist well delivered your write -- and an excellent one at that - lots of great lines.

Got a 60's film vibe going.

The mix sounds fine on our monitors.

Most enjoyable!

J&B
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another Lover - 09/21/19 09:24 PM
You've created such a pleasant sounding ensemble.

The bossanova feel is great. Your mixing is super. I could hear everything easily but nothing was overly dominating. Kudos to your vocalist, too. His interpretation of your lyrics was excellent.

I enojoyed where your music took me.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Another Lover - 09/22/19 10:47 AM
that rhythm makes for a fun listen, despite the sadness of the lyric. Your singer's vocal quality is excellent. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Another Lover - 09/22/19 03:42 PM
Really pretty song!! I love the Bossa thing myself! Great space in the mix! Singer is OK but I'm not crazy about him. Really well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Mark K Re: Another Lover - 09/23/19 06:55 PM
Can imagine sitting in an intimate club setting, listening, watching and relaxing while some couples dance with this song being performed. I think the vocalist was a good choice for this style of music. I need to check out the Fiverr option if I ever have a song that I feel is good enough (like yours) to deserve a better vocal than I can deliver.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Another Lover - 09/23/19 09:02 PM
Nice listen - intimate sound and very easy to listen to.

Good overall production and write.

Peter
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Another Lover - 09/24/19 05:28 AM
Hi Tunemonger,

you can come up with any style of song you want to - you always get me with your incredible voice.

And aside from that this is an awesome tune with very interesting harmonic progressions, nice lyrics, perfectly arranged and to me the production sounds simply flawless.

A treat!

Regards,

Stefan
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Another Lover - 09/24/19 07:42 PM
Thanks all for your kind comments. I was on the fence about submitting this one. I could hear all the problems that rayc pointed out, but wasn't able to fix the major ones. Bossa novas are tricky.

Thanks to Floyd for always highlighting my zingers - the line or two in my songs that I feel are worth the sharing, and that motivate me to finish a song. I appreciate it!

Thanks to rayc for taking his time to analyze our songs so thoroughly. He is truly indispensable here on the forum.
Posted By: Jim Re: Another Lover - 10/27/19 01:25 PM
An enjoyable easy-listening write...
I like it!
© PG Music Forums