PG Music Home
Posted By: Buttrey New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/24/19 01:36 AM
This is intended to be light-hearted, including the slightly diversionary title. It's a statement about...getting to be a certain age. I hope you enjoy it.

The song was generated entirely from _REGGAS1.STY; I just added vocals and a few drum hits. My DAW is Reaper. Have fun!

https://soundcloud.com/sam-buttrey/colonoscopysong
Posted By: Tangmo Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/24/19 07:38 AM
So much fun! Funny idea, and funny lines. "Colonoscopay" (sounding like a pretentious rock pronunciation) made me lol. The band works. Thanks.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/24/19 07:26 PM
Gave me a laugh, so, mission accomplished!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/24/19 09:30 PM
It sounds like you had a lot of fun with this song! A nice dash of comedy. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: rayc Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/25/19 02:39 AM
Rectum? Completely destroyed 'em!
In Oz the govt sends a faecal test kit to all willing recipients over 55.
A public Serve us announcement.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/25/19 02:06 PM
Cute song!! Been there, done that (a few times). Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: jannesan Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/25/19 03:59 PM
This is really funny, could have never thought making a song about this subject laugh Great clear vocals and I like the whistling too. Reminds me of classic Monty Python songs.

Janne
Posted By: bluage Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/25/19 10:38 PM
'Buttrey'...

I'm sure the name you use on this forum has no relation to the subject of your song smile laugh crazy blush.

You so funny, you could make money laugh.

The lyrics are some of the most cleverly composed word arrangements I've ever heard on the forum.

I guess we can look forward to you providing a welcome bit of levity in the forum as we listen to songs of romantic disappointments, existential crises, and general musings on life's toils and troubles, eh?

Two thumbs and eight fingers 'up' on this one !!! grin

- bluage -
Posted By: Leon1 Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/26/19 12:10 AM
Love it. Your very clever lyric and delivery gave me a big smile, not something I usually associate with a colonoscopy (I too have had a few). Governments could absolutely use this in health awareness campaigns.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Robertkc Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/27/19 12:16 PM
Very clever- I`m almost convinced to try one of those!
Looking forward to where you aim your musical scope next time.

Robert
Posted By: Mark K Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 09/28/19 05:44 PM
Proves you can make a good song for almost any subject. Put a smile on my face.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 10/02/19 07:04 AM
Hi Buttrey (do you change your forum name with every new subject?),

this is just hilarious. Haven't heard something as funny as that for a very long time. And it spoiled my day at the same time, because it remindes me that I'm overdue, long overdue for this 'fun' (in German often called "The Big Harbour Tour").

More, more, I'm still not satisfied (Tom Lehrer 'Smut', 1965)

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 10/02/19 08:15 AM
Hello Buttrey ...

Funny as heck! I'll be 73 pretty soon, so I can empathize with this. Uh ... nice whistling, BTW. Many years ago, I wrote a son g about getting old. Maybe I'll put a little spit and polish on it and run it through BIAB. Enjoyed my listen a lot! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 10/02/19 11:16 AM
Ha - nicely done, it got me chuckling and is actually quite catchy everything aside! Makes for a really pleasant listen. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Buttrey Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 10/03/19 01:33 AM
Bring on the song about aging, please!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: New Song: "A Song for the Age" - 10/03/19 01:51 AM
Buttrey,
Nice! funny (unfunny) stuff. Would be cool to play it in doc's office waiting room.
Made me smile.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
© PG Music Forums