PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Take me to my World - 09/25/19 08:28 AM
Hi everyone.
Latest track,using the ambient folk pop realtracks but with a twist,I substituted a slow reggae realdrums part and it gave it a nice irregular beat,I think it works nicely,as usual I played all the leads and solos etc.
https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/take-me-to-my-world-final

R.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Take me to my World - 09/25/19 09:48 AM
Very New Age. Interesting rhythms throughout.
Posted By: bluage Re: Take me to my World - 09/25/19 10:23 PM
Hi, 'riccled'...

Take Me to My World sounds like it may have been inspired by an evening of staring up into the vastness of the night sky, contemplating the cosmos, meteors becoming meteorites as they streak into the upper atmosphere...or, waking up in the morning feeling extra-specially good and hopeful about the day ahead, birds singing in the trees, or... ???

Also has a bit of a questing, voyaging feel to it, conjuring up a state of mind wherein one thinks about their place in the world, the universe, in another's heart.

I enjoyed the serene stillness of it.

Compositionally speaking, your posts reflect an amazing eclecticism. What is your musical background?

- bluage -
Posted By: Scott C Re: Take me to my World - 09/26/19 09:56 AM
This is one of your best Rick. Such a lovely backtrack. Well done.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Take me to my World - 09/26/19 11:31 AM
Nicely done, Riccled smile It has a really unique atmosphere to it, and flows gorgeously. Some really unique rhythms, but still easy to follow. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Riccled Re: Take me to my World - 09/27/19 08:11 PM
Thanks everyone,i’m Pleased this track is popular as it was a gamble substituting a unrelated drumstyle into the new age type one,glad it worked ok.
Posted By: Riccled Re: Take me to my World - 09/27/19 08:16 PM
Hi Bluage.
Nice to hear from you again,i just like music generally I suppose,I write in so many different styles which of course BIAB is outstanding at,allowing such variety in composing at arranging,and i’m entirely self taught and listen to a huge array of music etc,so that is part of my style and personality.
R.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Take me to my World - 09/27/19 09:37 PM
This song has a bit of a dreamy quality to it that I quite enjoy. Well done!
Posted By: bluage Re: Take me to my World - 09/28/19 03:59 AM
'Riccled'...

Thanks for responding!

Sincerely,

- bluage -
Posted By: Riccled Re: Take me to my World - 10/01/19 05:51 PM
Thanks Ember!
R.
© PG Music Forums