PG Music Home
Posted By: Rebecca King Solitude - 10/07/19 05:14 PM
Hey there,

here is the first song, we made with Band in a Box. Hope you like it. Please feel free to give us your feedback.

Thanks.

Rebecca

Solitude

Style is _MANPMGA.STY (Pop Country Ballade Mandoline)

RealTracks in Style: 1827:Bass, Elektro
RealTracks in Song: 2543:Pedal-Steel
RealTracks in Style: 1596:Gitarre, Akustik
RealTracks in Style: 1947:Mandoline
RealTracks in Song: 1835:Gitarre, Elektro
RealTracks in Song: 1579:Banjo
RealDrums in Song: Nashville128^01-a:SideStick, b:Ride

Solitude Lyrics:

Intro: mmh…
Verse: I would be grateful, if I didn´t need to feel abandoned again,
cause oh, this was never my feeling anyway,
it was yours and it´s old by the way, so let´s…
shake this off and put it where it belongs, shake this off and put it…

Chorus: Away with waves,
praised be grace,
solitude feels so good. (2x)

Verse: I would be grateful, if I could allow myself to feel what I feel,
cause oh, it was you, but now it´s me, who forbid,
so let´s ease and perceive and then …
shake this off and put it where it belongs, shake this off and put it…

Chorus: Away with waves,
praised be grace,
solitude feels so good. (2x)
Outro: mmh…
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 05:20 PM
Rebecca,

Excellent. At every turn.

Excellent write. Very original.

Super vocal. Super production - very "current" sounding. Nice.

Very good mix.

Everything about this says "Pro."

Welcome to the forum! Hope to hear more...

fj

(when you say "we"/"us" who does that refer to?)
Posted By: musician17 Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 05:24 PM
Welcome!

Great job on the song ... I thought the vocals were so professionally done and the RealTracks were really well chosen. My test for a song is that I know when it's good if I forget to analyse and think about what I like and don't like when I listen to it ... and I certainly just settled down and just listened to yours. Well done - I definitely want to hear more.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 05:58 PM
Rebecca, this is sensational from every direction.

Fabulous mix, brilliant contrasts, top delivery, and perfectly colored with amazing vocals.

Going back for another listen.

Great!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 07:19 PM
Congrats on this Rebecca.
Production is spot on.
A little reminder of the Dixie Chicks also.
Well done and welcome. Rob4580
Posted By: rayc Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 08:44 PM
REALLY cool - I do wish the vocals were a little louder.
I can't, in headphones, get to grips with the drum track leaning to the right but that's mre an old fashioned stereo image obsession on my part.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 09:09 PM
very pro sounding, reminded me of any number of neo-folk groups doing well right now, but especially The Civil Wars. Great vocal, mix, etc, in other words, great everything! I did have to turn up the volume knob on my Scarlett quite a bit, but overall mix was correct in my inexpert opinion.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 09:41 PM
Welcome to the showcase! Always exciting to see a new face here on the forums. Really great use of RealTracks here. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 10:52 PM
Rebecca,

Groovy tune! Excellent vocals and overall happy and vibrant feel. Neat balance between modern and traditional instruments. Enjoyed my listen.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: bluage Re: Solitude - 10/07/19 11:09 PM
Dear Ms. Rebecca King...

Da-aaang, lady shocked !!! This is the first song you produced with Band-in-a-Box ??? Sounds to me like you had a real short learning curve. Da-aaang !!! After I clicked on the link to the song on SoundCloud, upon hearing the beginning of it, I thought I had accidentally been taken to a music streaming website -- Spotify, Pandora, or whatever else is out there where professional musicians introduce their songs.

The Real Tracks you selected fit the feel of the lyrics so fabulously that they sound inevitable, pre-ordained to be assigned to your production of Solitude. You sing those lyrics as though you've lived more than one life. The vocal harmonies are tight, melodious, a chorus of your voice multiplied clearly and with great musicality. The lyrics themselves describe a compelling interior monologue that's as clear and sharp as high mountain air.

Da-aaang shocked !!! Oh, I said that already, right ??? Forgive me. I've listened to the song seven times as I end this comment.

Really impressed,

- bluage -

P.S. YAY !!! Another lady joins the forum !!!

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Solitude - 10/08/19 02:18 AM
Hi Rebecca,

Wow this is good!!!

Everything about it is superb... writing, arranging, your singing, the production!

I thoroughly enjoyed listening.
Noel
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Solitude - 10/08/19 04:15 AM
Seems to me you've been at this song-writing thing for a while. If not, you should have been. Either way, you've put together in BIAB a wonderful production and band. The lyric is quite universal, though achingly personal--those kinds of thoughts that jumble and tumble up when we're trying to find "ourselves" in the din. Wonderful how it ends with just the MMM's and banjo so meditatively. Vocals and harmonies are clear and beautiful. Nice to "meet" you this way.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Solitude - 10/08/19 10:31 AM
What a tune! Delightfully catchy, and I'm getting some strong 90's vibes from this one. Loved the vocals on this, and thought the instrumentation was lush and flowed nicely. Top notch work on the mix too - it sounds professional and concise.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Rebecca King Re: Solitude - 10/08/19 10:39 AM
Thank you all very very much for your great and detailed feedback. Really appreciate it.lovely community here with wonderful and talented members.

Thanks!!!

Rebecca
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Solitude - 10/08/19 10:54 AM
Very nice and super cool entry to the board.

And nice to have another lady aboard!

Your first BiaB song? Well certainly not your first rodeo with music production.

The lyric, melody and your vocal performance are all standout.

Definitely a Dixie Chick vibe...a good thing!

Our only suggested would be to bring the mix gain up some. It's a bit quiet by today's standards.

Thanks for sharing!

Janice and Bud
Posted By: jannesan Re: Solitude - 10/08/19 03:04 PM
I was listening to Sheryl Crow's latest album before this and this sound at least as good smile Great vocals and really catchy chorus. Nice positive message.

Janne
Posted By: Scott C Re: Solitude - 10/10/19 01:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. Loved this song. Super vocal and guitar was excellent. Well done
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Solitude - 10/11/19 08:37 AM
Excellent sound vocals are brilliant and good to see some young Blood here on the forum.

Amazing stuff.

Thanks
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Solitude - 10/11/19 01:43 PM
As Floyd said, "Excellent"!!! Great song, and you can really sing!! It seemed a bit unusual for all the music to be panned to one side. Technically, everything sounded very good! This is a real treat.......want more!!! Welcome to the forum!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Solitude - 10/11/19 10:18 PM
If that's your first production with Band in a Box, I can't wait to hear what is to come!

Just excellent! Welcome to the Forum. Some really fine folk in here, and we look forward to more from you. Don't be a stranger.

Steve
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Solitude - 10/13/19 09:19 PM
Good song because it stays in my mind even after its done. Good sing, melody, and production.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Solitude - 10/13/19 10:20 PM
Rebecca,

Superb song, excellent writing and beautifully sung.

Lovely work all round.

Peter
Posted By: Sundance Re: Solitude - 10/18/19 03:18 AM
Rebecca, Welcome to the showcase! What a cool song. You and whoever you mean by "we" did a super production. Love the style/instruments you chose and love your voice.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Solitude - 10/18/19 12:00 PM
Rebecca, what a great entry to the forum. A very impressive piece. Maybe a bit more overall volume would be good. Hope to hear more from you,Tom
Posted By: cliftond Re: Solitude - 10/18/19 12:03 PM
Yep, great song here!!! So well performed and produced, all parts blend well, vocal is top notch!!! CLiff
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Solitude - 10/21/19 10:32 AM
Welcome to the forum, Rebecca.

What a fanzastic entrance: great composition, a very nice backing track, great lyrics and so appealingly sung. Hats off!

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Mark K Re: Solitude - 10/28/19 08:10 PM
Love the timbre of your voice - excellent vocals. Great potpourri of instruments with traditional and electric that work well together. Really enjoyed this song.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Solitude - 10/29/19 03:02 AM
Catchy pop! I like this one a lot, and agree with all the positive comments.

Excellent production, nice singing, clear mix. On multiple listens, I kept noticing new and interesting things.

Since you asked for feedback, I noticed the mix is doesn't have much low end. It works for this song, but is a bit harsh to my old man ears.

That said, I'd take the mixing advice of floyd jane and others before taking mixing advice from me. wink

Nice job, and welcome to the forum! laugh
Posted By: Jim Re: Solitude - 11/01/19 04:58 PM
Great 1st outing with BiaB...
I really enjoyed listening to it...
Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: Icelander Re: Solitude - 11/03/19 12:16 PM
Crank it up, woman! laugh

Seriously though, something this good doesn't need/deserve a timid volume setting like that.

The best type of praise I give a BBox submission is usually along the lines of "would never have guessed it", and yours fit that bill spot on. You have to be told this is from software in order to know it.
Well done, here's to many more! cool
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Solitude - 11/03/19 01:55 PM
Very cool song and production! Really enjoyed it :-)
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums