PG Music Home
Posted By: RichardB1985 Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/07/19 08:25 PM
Soundtrack (Instrumental) - Bandlab

Soundtrack (Instrumental) - SoundCloud

This is something a little different than usual for me. One of my friends is working on a computer game so I decided to put together a piece of music he might be able to use for a promotional video or the intro to the game. I'm not sure if it quite works but I think the results aren't too bad.

I used a mix of midi tracks, a bass line and drum loop I put together and samples to build the song. I used Presence in Studio One and Unfiltered Audio LION as the instruments for the MIDI tracks. I used a bit of saturation on the synth stringstrack and Waves AudioTrack on the drums and bass.

Style is WAVEHEAL.STY.
M52: Synth Strings 2
M47: Orchestral Strings
M90: Pad-Warm (Slow)
Posted By: bluage Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 03:13 AM
Hello, 'RichardB1985'...

Oh, dear! Another one of your posts that I can't access from the BandLab website. Do you think the fact that I'm still using Windows XP could be part of, or maybe the whole problem?

- bluage -
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 03:20 AM
I'm thinking it might be. I'm going to upload it and any future songs to Soundcloud instead as there's clearly an issue with Bandlab.
Posted By: bluage Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 04:07 AM
Originally Posted By: RichardB1985
I'm thinking it might be. I'm going to upload it and any future songs to Soundcloud instead as there's clearly an issue with Bandlab.

Hello, again...

I hate to read that you're thinking of doing something as drastic as moving to another another platform to air your songs. Have other forum members reported the same problem to you?

- bluage -
Posted By: PeterF Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 05:43 AM
Bandlab works ok for me.

Big sound and interesting use of the style and additional parts.

Nicely done.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 06:40 AM
I have no problem playing your track here.

Nice instrumental, sounds good!
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 09:37 AM
I was considering using Soundcloud a bit more anyway so that's fine.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and for the feedback PeterF and Blue Attitude.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 11:18 AM
Wow - this is definitely a unique and captivating piece of music! Really different compared to what's usually on the showcase, and a fine example of Band-in-a-Box's diversity. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 03:13 PM
Thank you for your feedback Deryk. It's certainly something different to what I've usually produced but I quite like the style. I'd like to produce something in this style which also has lyrics.

I've added a SoundCloud link for anyone who is having trouble with the Bandlab link.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 03:45 PM
Very unique atmosphere, I like how this combines industrial metal and techno elements, use of choir is also nice. I think this would work great in a scary game, in a mass fighting scene on a dark alley.

Janne
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 04:10 PM
Richard, the piece really works well for your desired purpose.

It has great tension throughout. It does become repetitive although I guess that's perfectly OK for its intended target.

Good job.
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/10/19 06:27 PM
Thank you both for listening and giving feedback.

Jannesan, that's kind of how I imaging it being used, especially when the guitar kicks in! I imagine the main character throwing the bad guys around, kind of like an up-to-date Streets of Rage kind of thing.

VideoTrack, I think you're right about it being repetitive and, while it is probably OK because it is meant to accompany a game rather than being the main focus, it's worth looking at ways to keep the song interesting if I do something like this again.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/11/19 08:34 AM
Different from the instrumentals I usually hear on here, it is a sound that I would relate to gaming world so , its working in the right direction,

Nice one.

Thanks
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/11/19 01:38 PM
Interesting music Richard!! It has sort of that industrial feel. Production sounds great! Some interesting things going on in the music.......seems like it could be great for a video game! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/11/19 10:42 PM
This sounds great. Music is very dramatic. I think it would be perfect for a video game. Well done
Posted By: Mark K Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/28/19 08:16 PM
My son is a video game junkie (who loves listening to music), so I had him give a listen - he gave thumbs-up. You made a very convincing soundscape with a lot of texture that would work well for a lot of game scenarios. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Soundtrack (Instrumental) - 10/29/19 02:31 AM
Works for me! (Both the link and the song). smile
© PG Music Forums