PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Mellow Evening Drive - 10/13/19 04:46 AM
Hi folks.
New track for you,an easy rock instrumental using the easy rock type Realtracks with me playing the solos etc,used the Arturia Electric Piano and SampleTank 3.
R.

https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/mellow-evening-drive
Posted By: rayc Re: Mellow Evening Drive - 10/13/19 05:10 AM
It was a longish intro for such a quiet song.
Your melody/solos over the top don't sound like part of the mix - in the way that a karaoke singer usually doesn't quite fit the backing.
The level, tone and reverb or delay don't sit in the mix but are on top of it.
There's nothing wrong with the backing or your performances - both are fine - but you need to being them together.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Mellow Evening Drive - 10/13/19 05:26 AM
Hi Riccled,

I can agree with all the things Ray said. The song/melody at itself is quiet nice, but I think you have to mixed them more to become 'one'. and I heard something that sounded as if the volume suddenly turned down on the 10th second.

Nice day,
Hans
Posted By: bluage Re: Mellow Evening Drive - 10/18/19 02:43 PM
Hi, there, 'Riccled'...

Wow! Your composition, Mellow Evening Drive, has some positively liberating, mind-expanding chord changes in it! They lend a 'undiscovered territory' feel/sound to the piece.

If I ever directed a film, I'd ask for you to provide the score.

Outta-sight, 'Riccled' smile !!!

- bluage -
Posted By: Riccled Re: Mellow Evening Drive - 10/20/19 06:25 PM
Thanks for listening guys,and thanks Bluage ,I do like creating soundtracks for fantasy projects,science fiction mostly and they are very atmospheric,I’m still exploring the immense depth of Realtracks and what sort of tracks I can create with them.
R.
© PG Music Forums