PG Music Home
Posted By: cliftond Don't touch the Water - 10/16/19 10:32 PM
A Southern Fried Original using BIAB, Drums and Bass. Our guitars, featuring my new,but, used 1997 Peavey Delta Blues amp. Love it. Enjoy the song CLiff & Corey

https://soundcloud.com/cliftondykes/dont-touch-the-water
Posted By: rayc Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/17/19 07:58 AM
The PDB sounds cool.
I enjoyed the lyrics and singing - the backing vox worked really well.
That rhythm guitar has a nice chime.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/17/19 10:06 AM
Really nicely done - it flows really well, the groove on it is excellent. I agree with Ray above - the backing vox really added to it too. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 03:07 AM
Cliff and Corey,

Great delivery throughout, no question about it.

I really enjoyed the guitar work, matched with a great song. You really have delivered some quality material here.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 09:13 AM
Hi Cliff and Corey,

This is a terrific listen! As Videotrack says above "Great delivery throughout" and "You really have delivered some quality material here."

I couldn't agree more. From start to end, I enjoyed everything about this presentation.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 10:30 AM
Super vocal and harmonies. Loved the tone on your guitars. Some very cool licks dancing around your lyric. Love that....
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 11:05 AM
Well done...all the way around.

What to say? It's country the way we like it!

Enjoyed it...

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 01:10 PM
Sounds good to me, Cliff! Nice writing and vocals. Great tone on the guitars too, that Peavey amp sounds good! Sounded like you were starting off some of your phrases with volume swells, were you using your pinky on the volume knob?

Good stuff, enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 03:15 PM
C&C,

A good ol' fashion Country song. Nice job on the vocals and harmonies and the pickin'.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 04:54 PM
Excellent sound, great write, vocals top notch ,wish you added more info on the set up.

Who is on the bk vocals.
Thanks
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/18/19 09:24 PM
The guitars in this song sound really fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/19/19 09:02 AM

Really nice chorus and harmony vocal with a strong hook. G

Guitar sounds good through the new amp.

Nice work all round.

Peter
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/19/19 10:48 AM
Hi Cliff,

Just listened to your very good countrysong. You did a nice job on that one! Thought you would go out of your roof somewhere at the end of your song, but no, you kept it cool.
Liked it,
Hans
Posted By: edshaw Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/19/19 11:03 AM
All around fabulous effort.
Posted By: cliftond Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/21/19 01:20 PM
Thanks to all for the listen, nothing but great talent on this forum!!!! CLiff
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/21/19 10:18 PM
Cliff & Corey,
Easy listening, well performed tune. Nice guitar work!
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: bluage Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/22/19 03:44 AM
Mr. 'cliftond'...

"Don't touch water, if ya' can't make the wine
Don't wear the buckle, if you can't make it shine
Gotta come from your heart, if you wanna see mine..."

Man, if those aren't the cleverest, coolest lyrics I've ever heard...then, they must be laugh !!! The lyrics are just 'tops'. They're gonna send me back to listen to your song, again.

The music? 'Southern Fried'? Ooo, can I have another helping, please laugh ??? Downright danceable, and with just a touch of attitude to it. If you'd had a 'live' audience, they'd have called you back on-stage for an encore. The harmonized vocals were authentic n' sweet, too.

Great music-makin', 'cliftond'!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')
Posted By: cliftond Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/22/19 10:11 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. 'cliftond'...

"Don't touch water, if ya' can't make the wine
Don't wear the buckle, if you can't make it shine
Gotta come from your heart, if you wanna see mine..."

Man, if those aren't the cleverest, coolest lyrics I've ever heard...then, they must be laugh !!! The lyrics are just 'tops'. They're gonna send me back to listen to your song, again.

The music? 'Southern Fried'? Ooo, can I have another helping, please laugh ??? Downright danceable, and with just a touch of attitude to it. If you'd had a 'live' audience, they'd have called you back on-stage for an encore. The harmonized vocals were authentic n' sweet, too.

Great music-makin', 'cliftond'!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

WoW!!! well thank you from the bottom of my heart Loren, you will probably like some of our other songs also on soundtrack, dont get many reviews like that!!!! Again Thank You!!!!

Posted By: MarioD Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/22/19 03:57 PM
Great country music! Super vocals and lyrics! The backing tracks were perfect for this song. Super guitar tones. Are you using a Tele with that new amp?
Posted By: cliftond Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/22/19 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great country music! Super vocals and lyrics! The backing tracks were perfect for this song. Super guitar tones. Are you using a Tele with that new amp?

No Mario, I used a Strat on it. Cliff
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/22/19 07:07 PM
Yeoman work on this tune, I enjoyed it a lot.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/23/19 02:39 PM
Now that’s country boys! I have had a number of Peaveys over the years. They hold up really well. Darn near bulletproof. And they sound good just like this one. Cliff, you’ve got a real solid country voice and there is a great set of lyrics on this one. I would be careful on the fills not to step on the vocal. But it is such a strong song that it is easy to overlook it. Great job guys, Tom
Posted By: Mark K Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/30/19 01:50 PM
Everything flows together really well with a nice groove. The backing/harmony vocal is icing on your great lead vocal. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: cliftond Re: Don't touch the Water - 10/31/19 08:44 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Now that’s country boys! I have had a number of Peaveys over the years. They hold up really well. Darn near bulletproof. And they sound good just like this one. Cliff, you’ve got a real solid country voice and there is a great set of lyrics on this one. I would be careful on the fills not to step on the vocal. But it is such a strong song that it is easy to overlook it. Great job guys, Tom

Thanks Tom, always appreciate your feedback and comments!!! Cliff
Posted By: Jim Re: Don't touch the Water - 11/06/19 09:05 PM
Superb country song...
I always have liked a Peavey sound...
Cool job on this one!
© PG Music Forums