PG Music Home
Posted By: gruverider re-re... mix "I Will" with Janice Merritt - 10/22/19 04:41 AM
https://soundcloud.com/lawrence-olivier/i-will

I was remixing songs and thought I might repost this song. Janice sings a beautiful harmony.

The song is a love letter to my two children.

I Will (2-2-13)

I will build you a strong house to spare you heartache
and to keep you from drowning a sturdy new boat
I will search for good omens to guide through life
I will sing you jubilees for your everlasting soul

when scallywags call I will turn them away
for your hunger pangs I will dig you a row
I will rock you to sleep from a long day of strife
and when you curse my name my silence I will hold

I will kiss you goodby cause I know you can't stay
I will swallow my tears until I'm alone
I will sleep with your pillow all through the night
If I can't be your rock let me be your stone

may the love that I woven warm you someday
then memories of me might stave off the cold
may the lessons I've taught you fit you just right
and the old house I built you, will you one day call home
Great to hear this again.
Posted By: MarioD Re: re-re... mix "I Will" with Janice Merritt - 10/22/19 03:52 PM
This is really good! You two are excellent together. I liked the orchestration build up starting with a single guitar to a full band then repeating the process. Excellent!
Lot to like here, especially for me the dynamics and the rhyme pattern, which took it up another level IMHO.
Posted By: rayc Re: re-re... mix "I Will" with Janice Merritt - 10/22/19 08:49 PM
Ms. Janice does a grand job alongside your vocal.
A lovely, plaintive feel to this remix.
COOL.
That is such a sweet concept behind the song. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.
I remember this fine song- you write avoiding cliches and turning familiar images in a memorable, personal way.
Nice build to this version with that almost acapella break at 3:00... and of course Janice`s unmatched way of supporting your lead vocal.
Really, really good!

Robert
Lovely song Lawrence. Cool vocal. Janice adds such a nice touch to the song. Well done
Hi Lawrence,

I don't remember what your original mix sounded like, but I do remember this fine song. Good to hear it again!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is really good! You two are excellent together. I liked the orchestration build up starting with a single guitar to a full band then repeating the process. Excellent!

Originally Posted By: rayc
COOL.

Thanks for mentioning my small part in this. It's one of my favorites and as I
sang it at a friend's wake it will always remain in my heart.

Janice
Hi gruverider and Janice,

Oh boy, what a treat... My favorite voices combined in such a beautiful song.I do like that mix - very tasteful !!!!

Enjoyed my listen a lot.

All the best,

Stefan
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Great to hear this again.
Glad you enjoyed it Floyd.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thank you Mario.
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Lot to like here, especially for me the dynamics and the rhyme pattern, which took it up another level IMHO.
Thank you so much.
Originally Posted By: rayc
COOL.
Ray, thank you. Janice did a beautiful job!
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
That is such a sweet concept behind the song. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.
Thank you Ember.
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I remember this fine song- you write avoiding cliches and turning familiar images in a memorable, personal way.
Nice build to this version with that almost acapella break at 3:00... and of course Janice`s unmatched way of supporting your lead vocal.
Really, really good!

Robert
Robert, once again thank you very much.
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Lovely song Lawrence. Cool vocal. Janice adds such a nice touch to the song. Well done
Scott, thank you.
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Lawrence,

I don't remember what your original mix sounded like, but I do remember this fine song. Good to hear it again!

Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for mentioning my small part in this. It's one of my favorites and as I
sang it at a friend's wake it will always remain in my heart.

Janice[/quote] Janice, I go back to this song again and again. I can't believe how much time has past since we did this one.
Originally Posted By: Crossroads

Oh boy, what a treat... My favorite voices combined in such a beautiful song.I do like that mix - very tasteful !!!!

Enjoyed my listen a lot.

All the best,

Stefan
Thank you very much Stefan.
Posted By: Jim Re: re-re... mix "I Will" with Janice Merritt - 11/06/19 11:02 PM
I really enjoyed your & Janice’s performance on this number...
Your vocals turn your lyrics into beautiful work...
Thanks for a pleasant listen!
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Really, really good!

Robert

Originally Posted By: Scott C

Originally Posted By: Crossroads

Enjoyed my listen a lot.

All the best,

Stefan

I really do appreciate y’all mentioning my small part in this beautiful production.

Janice
Posted By: Noel96 Re: re-re... mix "I Will" with Janice Merritt - 11/08/19 10:34 AM
Hi Lawrence,

You and Janice have done a great a job. I'm glad you've revisited it.

As always, this is a very, very engaging presentation in every way. Your writing is excellent, the arrangement is stunning and your and Janice's vocals are exceptionally good.

I said on Soundcloud... I really love your work!

All the best,
Noel
Nicely done - as always, Janice knocked it out of the park with her vocals, but I loved the instrumentation too. I listened to the original too and I do find this to be an improvement - thanks for sharing with us smile
© PG Music Forums