PG Music Home
Posted By: molsenhouse Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 06:28 AM
The first full production with the new version of BiaB 2019.
Really love the new styles and the up-tp-date musicality. Blending, tweaking and adding what's needed to find the perfect vibe.

Thanks to Norwegian singer Birgith Røe for permission to share the result in this great forum.

VINGESLAG (Wing Stroke)

Style is _PENSIVE.STY

RealTracks in song: ~903:Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 100
RealTracks in style: 2852:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RnBSoulSw16Mike Sw16 085
RealTracks in style: 2682:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSwing16HighZane Sw16 075
RealDrums in song: SouthernPopNeoSoulSw16^02-a:Hat, Sidestick, b:Ride, Snare
Posted By: rayc Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 07:03 AM
It sounds really cool but the vocals seems to move into a different room between chorus and verse.
The vocals in my ear sounds really good too - sits in the mix a little better actually.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 01:37 PM
Upbeat and poppy. Loved the echo on the voice, and the descending sequence at the end of the chorus.

There's a lot of cool ear candy you've got in there - a real treat to listen to.

Fun listen! laugh
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 04:54 PM
Einar,

Nice! Excellent arrangement/production. Good mix.

A good listen. A David said, "a lot of cool ear candy"...

nice guitar solo to end it.

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 05:13 PM
Well done!

Enjoyed the arrangement...nice little nuances here and there.

Cool vocal and guitar also.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 07:08 PM
Excellent work. Liked the style choices overall mix and the guitar parts were very nice.
Enjoyed the vocal and the song.

Peter
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 07:10 PM
A lot happening in this and it's all good! Nice work!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Wing Stroke - 10/25/19 09:41 PM
I really love the use of the Style in this song! Great job.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Wing Stroke - 10/26/19 04:53 AM
The choice of style really works well with this production, and the vocals are delivered with quality.

I believe to have produced a very noteworthy song!

Excellent.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Wing Stroke - 10/26/19 06:56 AM
Nice soulful arrangement, catchy melody and enjoyable chording especially in the chorus and solo parts. Great vocal performance with both tenderness and strength in her voice. I also like the conversation between the vocalist and the solo guitarist in the end.

Janne
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 10/28/19 07:23 AM
Thanks for listening and commenting, rayc!

Doubled the lead vocals for the chorus to make it bigger. Used another EQ and some other FX to make it a little different. Always discovering new paths in the mystery of mixing working with singers and musicians I'm not used to ;-)
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 10/28/19 07:30 AM
Thanks for taking a moment, David!

Ear candy: BiaB offers a lot of wonderful musical details – the challenge is to pick the right ones and use them in the arrangment. It's easier working with live musicians in sessions, but there's a lot going on in the tracks of BiaB. Just need time to listen and find the right spots ;-)
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 10/28/19 07:37 AM
Thanks a lot, Floyd!

Always picking up new mixing ideas working with different singers and musicians. The new styles and great tracks in BiaB push me forward to become a better producer, working on other artists songs.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wing Stroke - 10/28/19 09:14 AM
Hi molsenhouse,

My goodness! This outstanding to listen to.

From start to finish the overall sound is polished and positively gleams with professionalism. I thoroughly enjoyed my journey.

I must compliment Birgith Røe on her vocals, too. I don't understand a word of Norwegian but between your arranging and her really fine singing, I was spellbound!

Wonderful music!
NOel
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Wing Stroke - 10/28/19 09:43 AM
Nice arrangement and nice vocals this sounds really nice.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Wing Stroke - 10/28/19 11:21 AM
That's a cool tune. And the production is good.

That lady is a good singer too. Normally I don't like to hear FX on the vox but this actually worked well.

Nice tone on the guitar solo in the ending.

The chords were a surprize. No formula here.

Nice work.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 10/29/19 10:46 AM
Janice & Bud, Peter F, Tune Monger, Ember, VideoTrack and Janne:

THANKS A LOT FOR LISTENING AND COMMENTING :-)
Posted By: Mark K Re: Wing Stroke - 10/30/19 06:20 PM
Great overall production. I liked the part with deep male vocal backing the lead vocal. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: Jim Re: Wing Stroke - 11/02/19 05:44 PM
Nicely done...
A polished production...
Which I found pleasantly pleasing!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Wing Stroke - 11/02/19 08:35 PM
Your friend has a lovely voice. Melody and production are captivating. Great work!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Wing Stroke - 11/03/19 12:46 AM
Hello ...

So many things about this song just shine! The echo on the vocal in chorus is perfect. And the male harmony vocal after the first chorus was really nice. Your vocalist is simply wonderful. Love the mix. The scat background near with the acoustic guitar was so good. Loved it!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Wing Stroke - 11/03/19 06:42 AM
Hi molsenhouse ,

this is a really cool one. Flowing so gently... very fine arrangement, sounds very nice to me. And well-sung, too.

Enjoyed my listen.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 11/03/19 01:32 PM
Thanks a lot, Noel! I'll bring your compliments to Birgith Røe :-)
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 11/03/19 01:34 PM
Thanks for your compliments, beatmaster!
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 11/03/19 01:51 PM
Sometimes the FX's make the song work better. I'll never forget the "slapback voices" of Elvis or Lennon.
In this song I thought the vocal FX made the production more interesting.

Thanks for your positive comments, Guitarhacker!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Wing Stroke - 11/05/19 02:25 PM
I`m late to this very good song and collaboration- very cool to drift away on the excellent melody and phrasing of your vocalist without needing meanings ( though the translated title is interesting).
Very well arranged with a nice crescendo ending.

Robert
Posted By: bluage Re: Wing Stroke - 11/06/19 02:42 AM
Hello, 'molsenhouse'!

In Wing Stroke, I think you've composed something that, musically speaking, sounds as melodically and rhythmically free as it is funky, with plenty of 'cool' adding just the right amount of laid-back 'chill' to the mix. It moves like a dancer would move! The brief guitar/vocalese line was unexpected and exciting just because of it. Also, I liked the sub-toned male voice speaking the lyrics in sync with your very hip and 'live' singer, Ms. Roe. The effect was something like hearing a 'his/her' dialogue, but simultaneously.

It's poppin', boppin' track, with an imaginative arrangement.

Jam on, 'molsenhouse' cool !

LOREN
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Wing Stroke - 11/07/19 10:11 PM
Really nice music!! AND great production!! The groove is infectious, the vocal and mix are great, and everything works!! Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: Wing Stroke - 11/08/19 01:06 PM
This is an excellent tune. Lovely vocal. Very cool chorus effect. Well done...
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Wing Stroke - 11/19/19 09:21 AM
Thanks a lot to every single one of you that have paid attention to this song.

Busy days – not able to replay to everyone that have written comments, but I've read them all. Love you guys and this forum for the great enthusiasm.

Keep on making music – still chasing the best songs ever written! ;-)
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Wing Stroke - 11/19/19 12:48 PM
Really well done - that groove is fantastic, and your vocals soar on this. The whole thing flows perfectly, and I love the energy behind it.

Thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums