PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/12/19 11:14 PM
Written

Six years ago Janice sang harmony with floyd on his song Written. We always thought Written ranked with the absolute best of the classic country tears in your beer songs...period. The two of us have long appreciated this style and during our band days we performed some of those classics. I had been thinking about a country project and asked Janice about this tune. She was reticent as floyd had sung such a powerhouse version of it. But I prevailed smile and asked floyd his thoughts which resulted in a “heck yeah!”response.

So....a brief sojourn back to the country.

Both comments and your time to listen are most appreciated.

Thanks floyd for the many collabs and support...it’s been a fun six years!
Oh, gotta mention that we stole his arrangement...from start to finish.

Drums: NashvilleWaltzSw^6-a:HiHat , b:Sidestick, Hihat
Bass: RT 1121 Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 085
Piano Rhythm: MIDI SuperTrack 2259 CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
Piano Solo: MIDI SuperTrack 2250 Soloist CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
Electric Guitar: RT 980 Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanA-B Sw 085
Acoustic Guitar: RT 3176 Rhythm CampfireSlowWaltz Sw 085
Pedal Steel: RT 1126 Rhythm CountryWaltz Sw 085

Thank you Peter for the opening acoustic guitar chord! smile

The piano and steel tracks were comped from multiple generations.

Equipment/DAW: Logic Pro X, Rodes NT1 mic and Scarlett 212 interface

Track plugins: Waves CLA Vocals, Waves Bass Rider, Waves CLA Unplugged, Waves CLA Drums, Neutron 2, Logic Pro amp sim and Ozone 8 Imager.

Mastering: Logic Pro EQ > Waves Multi Band Compressor (LinMB) > Ozone Imager > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance

Written

i'm all messed up...

my world's been shattered
when you found a new life
mine was torn in two
i can't use a heart
so broken and battered
so you keep the pieces
they all still belong to you

your name is written
on my very soul
marked so deeply
and it may never let go
there's a picture of you
on the tiniest part
your name is written
on every piece of my broken heart

REPEAT CHORUS

your name is written
on every piece of my broken heart

© 1998 floyd jane

Posted By: Robertkc Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/12/19 11:58 PM
J&B & Floyd,
Sitting back and savouring the nuances and feeling of Janice`s wonderful vocals ( the harmony track as good as the lead)- guess there`s nothing else I want to listen to now!
Others who know country classics better than I may draw comparisons, but why not just admit this song is on a par with the best teary hits ever?
Love everything about this... and, thanks as I wasn`t around for the earlier version.

Robert
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 02:28 AM
Hi all
Floyd's lyrics, Janis' wonderful vocal (and those backing vocals - wow) plus a pedal steel guitar.
Who could ask for more?
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 05:35 AM
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Floyd,

maybe you remember that very early Stones song 'It's The Singer, Not The Song'.

Well that's not always true (there are songs even a bad singer couldn't really spoil), but when I hear you singing, Janice, it's just your voice, your phrasing, your soulfulness that draws my full attention and keeps on giving me shivers on my back. So beautiful, so emotional...

You have got to know me a bit meanwhile and you know that I'm not that country guy. But I sure can tell wether or not a composition is outstanding. And, heck, this one is so darn good.

And although I don't have any experience in the genre, I felt right from the start that this composition must have been written some time ago - scrolling down: Yes,1998 - a bit different from the way Floyd writes today, but still amazingly good.

Your and Floyd's musical connections are really something very special and precious.

Bud, you arranged the song so well and made it sound so beautiful- you really have the hang of that matter, no doubt about that !

Awesome in every respect !!!

Truly,

Stefan
Posted By: rayc Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 06:34 AM
Country soul burner to my ears.
More Floyd fabulousness but through the J&B lens.
Loved it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B & Floyd,
Sitting back and savouring the nuances and feeling of Janice`s wonderful vocals ( the harmony track as good as the lead)- guess there`s nothing else I want to listen to now!
Others who know country classics better than I may draw comparisons, but why not just admit this song is on a par with the best teary hits ever?
Love everything about this... and, thanks as I wasn`t around for the earlier version.

Robert

Thank you Robert for your comment on the vocals and we could not agree more with your feelings about floyd’s write.

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 12:33 PM
Nicely done - loved the vocals on this. As usual, Janice knocked it out of the part. Those harmonies are top notch, and I like how gentle it is. Loving the groove too.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: sslechta Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 12:49 PM
Sounds so good without Floyd! wink Just kidding.... Nicely re-done. I love the mix and vocals.

FJ/J&B, you happen to have a link for the old post from 6 years ago? I wouldn't mind hearing the differences between the two versions. Thanks!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 01:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi all
Floyd's lyrics, Janis' wonderful vocal (and those backing vocals - wow) plus a pedal steel guitar.
Who could ask for more?
Regards,
Leon

Thanks for all Leon and glad you liked the steel.

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 02:33 PM
I don't remember this one from before, must have been when I took some time off from music and didn't hang out here much.

Excellent song! floyd knows how to write them, that's for sure.

Man, I always love hearing Janice sing, especially when she brings in the harmonies! Such a great sound.

Good job on the production and mix as usual, Bud! CLA Vocals sound great! A little more reverb than when you were using Nectar maybe? Whatever, I really like the sound.

Really good, enjoyed!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 04:33 PM
Yeah that is a classic country tune for sure, Great job Janice on the vocal, and the production is top line!! Always like good country and this is good country Cliff
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 08:45 PM
Your name is written on every piece of my broken heart

That totally slays me, just destroys me in every way possible.

So, mission accomplished!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 08:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Floyd,

maybe you remember that very early Stones song 'It's The Singer, Not The Song'.

Well that's not always true (there are songs even a bad singer couldn't really spoil), but when I hear you singing, Janice, it's just your voice, your phrasing, your soulfulness that draws my full attention and keeps on giving me shivers on my back. So beautiful, so emotional...

You have got to know me a bit meanwhile and you know that I'm not that country guy. But I sure can tell wether or not a composition is outstanding. And, heck, this one is so darn good.

And although I don't have any experience in the genre, I felt right from the start that this composition must have been written some time ago - scrolling down: Yes,1998 - a bit different from the way Floyd writes today, but still amazingly good.

Your and Floyd's musical connections are really something very special and precious.

Bud, you arranged the song so well and made it sound so beautiful- you really have the hang of that matter, no doubt about that !

Awesome in every respect !!!

Truly,

Stefan

We appreciate that Stefan and even more given that it is not a familiar genre for you. We like to say that for us if the tune has soul then the genre is irrelevant.

Thanks for mentioning the arrangement but I stole it from floyd!

J&B
Posted By: Teletwanger Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 08:48 PM
Wow! Just wow! Excellent all the way around. Great song and phenomenal voice. Wow!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 10:18 PM
The piano solo sounded really great in this, and it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun with this song in particular! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/13/19 10:44 PM
Janice & Bud

Not unexpectedly this floyd jane song is simply stunning.

Truly wonderful vocals (those harmonies are lovely) drive a beautifully written piece.

An excellent intelligent set of lyrics, on a great musical bed.

Bud - nice work on the mix everything sits as it should and enhances the musicality of the song.

A great job all round on this classic sounding song.

Peter
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 02:22 AM
Hi J&B
I do love that steel sound.
And my apologies for calling you Janis, Janice. The poor old brain lets me down at times.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 04:09 AM
Defiantly a tear in your beer song.
Well done on the production and great lyrics.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 08:59 AM
This team just keeps coming up with winners.

Wow, what a musical celebration.

Classy, start to finish. Outstanding vocals too (what else).
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 05:46 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Country soul burner to my ears.
More Floyd fabulousness but through the J&B lens.
Loved it.

Love that description. Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nicely done - loved the vocals on this. As usual, Janice knocked it out of the part. Those harmonies are top notch, and I like how gentle it is. Loving the groove too.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk. Janice really appreciates that!

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 09:03 PM
Classic Country at it's best J&B!! The vocal could not be any better!! The harmonies are synced perfectly! Production is as good as could be achieved anywhere! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Teletwanger Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 09:08 PM
I keep coming back and listening to this again and again. You have such a great voice.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/14/19 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Sounds so good without Floyd! wink Just kidding.... Nicely re-done. I love the mix and vocals.

FJ/J&B, you happen to have a link for the old post from 6 years ago? I wouldn't mind hearing the differences between the two versions. Thanks!

Thanks we much appreciate that. This was before floyd was on Soundcloud so here's a link to it via his website.

http://floydjane.com/Songs/Written.htm

J&B
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/15/19 12:46 AM
Oh come on! You can't make me pick a favorite child! Oh...wait, you're not asking me to. Thank God. I listened to both versions; and loved them both. Sometimes I wonder how the same song can be done similarly and still have it's own strong identity. I'll mark it up to great artists...even behind the mixing board. wink

Now, these will be comments for the song the OP posted. (And trying not to write a book here.)

This treatment of this song manages to keep ALL of the authenticity of classic country. Yet, also, sounds current because of the mixing. It's so brilliantly clean, spacious AND warm. Also, it's a nice crisp mix with plenty of warmth. And it's warm too. wink

The piano...wow! Perfection! Perfectly placed, perfectly mixed, and all around perfect choice, in M.O.

And what am I forgetting? Yeah right! Those vocals are stellar! As. Always. Even though I know her voice, I didn't envision it sounding THAT good. I'm not sure if I'm giving praise or digging a hole here. What I'm trying to say is, this is up there with the greats in my book.

One little thing to think about. Written in 1998 by FJ. Recorded by FJ in 2013? 2019, it seems he FINALLY trusts you to record it. wink Completely kidding of course. As great as you two are, I think he would have let you record it in 1998. smile

Not surprisingly, a great job from all involved! Thank you for sharing this. It was a treat for the ears and soul.

Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/15/19 10:27 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I don't remember this one from before, must have been when I took some time off from music and didn't hang out here much.

Excellent song! floyd knows how to write them, that's for sure.

Man, I always love hearing Janice sing, especially when she brings in the harmonies! Such a great sound.

Good job on the production and mix as usual, Bud! CLA Vocals sound great! A little more reverb than when you were using Nectar maybe? Whatever, I really like the sound.

Really good, enjoyed!

Thanks for all Dave and especially for mentioning our new vocal processing. We were a bit apprehensive about that! I dunno if it’s more reverb or just a different one but we like It also.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/15/19 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Yeah that is a classic country tune for sure, Great job Janice on the vocal, and the production is top line!! Always like good country and this is good country Cliff

Thanks Cliff!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/15/19 11:44 PM
WOW!!! A great song, and I don't think I've heard it before! This is always a hard call, but this may be Janice's best vocal ever......crystal clear with tons of feeling! And the production of the whole project is just KILLER!!! It gets not better than this!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/16/19 02:54 AM
Soooooo country. laugh

Excellent, as usual.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/16/19 11:46 AM
What a lovely song. Excellent vocal Janice. Loved the pedal steel. Boy did it frame the vocal perfectly. This mix was special as well. All the instruments so clear and panned to give a live feel. Well done...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/16/19 11:59 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Your name is written on every piece of my broken heart

That totally slays me, just destroys me in every way possible.

So, mission accomplished!

Thank you. We knew from the time that Janice sang harmony with floyd’s original that it was a powerful song. We are glad that it moved you and appreciate you saying that.

J&B
Posted By: Jim Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/16/19 04:34 PM
Hearing this song reminded me of...
A beer joint...
With a saw dust floor...
Me sitting near the jukebox...
While drinking a beer...
And listening...
Yes your rendition would fit well on that jukebox!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/16/19 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Teletwanger
Wow! Just wow! Excellent all the way around. Great song and phenomenal voice. Wow!

Thanks!!

J&B
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/17/19 01:58 PM
Yes, this is very "Classic Country," (which is to say the best Country music). Great lyrics, floyd. Great musical production. Lovely vocals. A real tear jerker, ala' Patsy Cline (goes without saying). Great job to all.

And thanks for listen and comments on my song. I appreciate it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/17/19 10:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
The piano solo sounded really great in this, and it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun with this song in particular! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ember.

J&B
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/18/19 08:35 AM
Hi Janice and Bud,

I gave my reaction on the song on SounCloud and then forgot to do it in this forum as well! Sorry for that, because I know you must have been completely confused about that and have cried many tears. Maybe I can help mending the broken feelings a bit...?
I will try doing that by saying it is a very strong song. But I realize that it wasn't your merit, but Floyd's. So Floyd, nicely done!!!
And of course everyone wrote about Janices voice. What can I add to all these nice words Written here? Nothing! Janice, you have a lovely voice and used it more then awesome in this song.
I only wonder what Bud did? grin

Hans
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/18/19 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice & Bud

Not unexpectedly this floyd jane song is simply stunning.

Truly wonderful vocals (those harmonies are lovely) drive a beautifully written piece.

An excellent intelligent set of lyrics, on a great musical bed.

Bud - nice work on the mix everything sits as it should and enhances the musicality of the song.

A great job all round on this classic sounding song.

Peter

Thanks Peter. We appreciate your positive thoughts on all those aspects of the production!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/19/19 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Defiantly a tear in your beer song.
Well done on the production and great lyrics.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
This team just keeps coming up with winners.

Wow, what a musical celebration.

Classy, start to finish. Outstanding vocals too (what else).

Thank you!

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/20/19 04:36 PM
Thanks to all who took time to mention the write.

It is always a thrill to hear one of your songs sung by another singer.

Particularly one as good as Janice.

You killed it, girl.

And hearing Bud's magic behind the board is always a delight.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/21/19 10:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Classic Country at it's best J&B!! The vocal could not be any better!! The harmonies are synced perfectly! Production is as good as could be achieved anywhere! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey and it’s great to se you back with a new song. I gotta brag on Janice and say that I never do any editing to sync her harmony - it’s laid down that way on her typical first take.

Bud
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/22/19 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Teletwanger
I keep coming back and listening to this again and again. You have such a great voice.

Thanks for coming back and for the nice comment...

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/23/19 09:55 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Oh come on! You can't make me pick a favorite child! Oh...wait, you're not asking me to. Thank God. I listened to both versions; and loved them both. Sometimes I wonder how the same song can be done similarly and still have it's own strong identity. I'll mark it up to great artists...even behind the mixing board. wink

Now, these will be comments for the song the OP posted. (And trying not to write a book here.)

This treatment of this song manages to keep ALL of the authenticity of classic country. Yet, also, sounds current because of the mixing. It's so brilliantly clean, spacious AND warm. Also, it's a nice crisp mix with plenty of warmth. And it's warm too. wink

The piano...wow! Perfection! Perfectly placed, perfectly mixed, and all around perfect choice, in M.O.

And what am I forgetting? Yeah right! Those vocals are stellar! As. Always. Even though I know her voice, I didn't envision it sounding THAT good. I'm not sure if I'm giving praise or digging a hole here. What I'm trying to say is, this is up there with the greats in my book.

One little thing to think about. Written in 1998 by FJ. Recorded by FJ in 2013? 2019, it seems he FINALLY trusts you to record it. wink Completely kidding of course. As great as you two are, I think he would have let you record it in 1998. smile

Not surprisingly, a great job from all involved! Thank you for sharing this. It was a treat for the ears and soul.

Your reviews are always a treat! Janice is very appreciative of your thoughts re her vocal - mr jane is a hard act to follow! Bud appreciates you mentioning the piano as there are not many waltz options for the genre. And more thanks for your remarks on the mix. Sometimes I get lucky with our stripped down productions. Throw in a few more tracks and my head spins smile

We both appreciate your support!

J&B
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/23/19 02:57 PM
Music to my ears (no pun intended). I love the country sound, especially the Floyd Kramer piano and the steel guitar, the vocals are perfect!!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/23/19 04:09 PM
Janice / Bud / Floyd,

Wow! Outstanding!

I absolutely love the feel of this - it has a slow mournful vibe so reminiscent of a Larry Gatlin-style song.

Amazing vocal and mix - stellar write. Another favorite!

Bob
Posted By: Marty Ricciotti Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/23/19 05:23 PM
Tremendous vocal performance here.
Very nice
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/24/19 10:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! A great song, and I don't think I've heard it before! This is always a hard call, but this may be Janice's best vocal ever......crystal clear with tons of feeling! And the production of the whole project is just KILLER!!! It gets not better than this!! Take care. Greg

Given how much we admire your vocals and productions your comments are even more special to us. Thanks so much and again to floyd fot the write and arrangement.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/24/19 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Soooooo country. laugh

Excellent, as usual.

Thanks!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/25/19 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a lovely song. Excellent vocal Janice. Loved the pedal steel. Boy did it frame the vocal perfectly. This mix was special as well. All the instruments so clear and panned to give a live feel. Well done...

Thanks Scott. Glad that steel worked for you!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/27/19 08:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim
Hearing this song reminded me of...
A beer joint...
With a saw dust floor...
Me sitting near the jukebox...
While drinking a beer...
And listening...
Yes your rendition would fit well on that jukebox!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Yes, this is very "Classic Country," (which is to say the best Country music). Great lyrics, floyd. Great musical production. Lovely vocals. A real tear jerker, ala' Patsy Cline (goes without saying). Great job to all.

And thanks for listen and comments on my song. I appreciate it.

Thanks y'all for both responding with nice remarks and for appreciating some old school country. We wish more folks did!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/29/19 08:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janice and Bud,

I gave my reaction on the song on SounCloud and then forgot to do it in this forum as well! Sorry for that, because I know you must have been completely confused about that and have cried many tears. Maybe I can help mending the broken feelings a bit...?
I will try doing that by saying it is a very strong song. But I realize that it wasn't your merit, but Floyd's. So Floyd, nicely done!!!
And of course everyone wrote about Janices voice. What can I add to all these nice words Written here? Nothing! Janice, you have a lovely voice and used it more then awesome in this song.
I only wonder what Bud did? grin

Hans

Bud? Haha...I turned a few knobs and went along for the ride smile
Thanks for the nice comments!

J&B
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 11/29/19 09:49 PM
You can't go wrong with a Floyd song! Janice's vocal is sublime. The production is outstanding. It sounds professionally mixed and mastered.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/01/19 09:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Music to my ears (no pun intended). I love the country sound, especially the Floyd Kramer piano and the steel guitar, the vocals are perfect!!

Thanks Ronnie!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/01/19 06:25 PM
Classic country at its best! I love classic country like this and you nailed it. This is something that Skeeter Davis or Sammy Smith might sing, not as well as Janice though.

This is just plain fantastic!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/01/19 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice / Bud / Floyd,

Wow! Outstanding!

I absolutely love the feel of this - it has a slow mournful vibe so reminiscent of a Larry Gatlin-style song.

Amazing vocal and mix - stellar write. Another favorite!

Bob

Thanks Bob. Happy that you liked it!

No

Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti
Tremendous vocal performance here.
Very nice

Thanks Marty!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/02/19 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
You can't go wrong with a Floyd song! Janice's vocal is sublime. The production is outstanding. It sounds professionally mixed and mastered.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Classic country at its best! I love classic country like this and you nailed it. This is something that Skeeter Davis or Sammy Smith might sing, not as well as Janice though.

This is just plain fantastic!

Thanks y'all! We appreciate ya....

J&B
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/02/19 11:53 PM
Love the vocals and the sweet, sweet harmony. The band's pretty hot too.
I'm a bit partial to tears-in-your-beer songs and this is a particularly tasty drop.
Thanks guys.
Mike
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/03/19 09:50 AM
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Love the vocals and the sweet, sweet harmony. The band's pretty hot too.
I'm a bit partial to tears-in-your-beer songs and this is a particularly tasty drop.
Thanks guys.
Mike

Thank you Mike. floyd certainly wrote a great tune and it was a lot of fun interpreting it !

J&B
Posted By: musician17 Re: Written (a floyd jane write) - 12/03/19 11:40 AM
Ok, hats off here. This is by far one of your utter best efforts, with quite superb and stand-out (even for her usual stratospheric standard) vocals from Janice. The warmth in the voice, the crystal clear quality and those harmonies - yes! The song itself is stunning, enough to make anyone cry ... this should and could easily be a No. 1 country hit all day long, though I personally couldn't care less where songs rank in charts - the thing for me is that it move me, and this one HAS. The production itself is crisp and clear, to my ears that don't claim any expertise in how to produce a song, at least. Great job, each and every one of you.
© PG Music Forums